Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Election results threads

The two things that were dividing this country were the lefts hatred for Trump and the media selling it.

With Trump out, break out the rainbows and lollipops...The WH will tell us how happy we are and the media will spread it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 11-07-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Election results threads

Iran, China, N Korea, Palestinians, and the economy need to be handled with iron gloves and not lollipops, bales of cash, and smiling kisses.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I hope he makes every good decision, and has bipartisan support doing so, for the good of the nation. That would be beneficial for us all.

That may be out of reach but it is my wish, again for us all. As was told me almost four years ago, that is patriotism. Maybe I was not the best at it, but I'm reminded from where those words came.

But then again I of all people understand disappointment at this point in time.\

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/sta...e-joe-biden%2F

https://twitter.com/cindymccain/stat...e-joe-biden%2F

"Ann and I extend our congratulations to President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. We know both of them as people of good will and admirable character. We pray that God may bless them in the days and years ahead"
    ..Mitt Romney
    Seriously, I cant help but laugh at this. Now its all about unity and what best for the country. After listening to 4 years of liberals promoting discourse and hatred...and now its all bout "best for the country because we all benifit"?. Sorry but that don't fly with me becasue the left could not care less about best for the country. If they did, the last 4 years would have been way different. Congrats, your guy won but don't spend 4 years trying to destroy the elected guy then suddenly tout unity. Actions speak so much louder than words
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Actions speak so much louder than words
    That goes two ways Ron.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

It is a really tough sell about liberals unifying the country when they openly admit this nation is trash and nothing but a racist, hateful country full of racists that must be torn down and rebuilt under their holier than thou beliefs.

So don’t piss down my back and tell me it is raining.

Darryl

Hence why at some point if things continue in this direction things will explode into a civil war.
    Way too much hatred being thrown at Republicans from the Democrats.
    Republicans are now being labeled racist and insensitive and only care about themselves.

You can’t sling mud and not expect to get it back in return.

This week the liberals are waving the flags they were burning last week.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Chinese flags?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

That goes two ways Ron.
    Correct...I promise to be as divisive and hateful as the left has been for the last 4 years. Forgive me if the cry of unity fails to change my outlook after watching the left encouraging violence, hate, looting and nonstops attack on the President.

My hope is 2 years from now the GOP gains the house and senate. Then they impeach his quid pro quo ass and prosecutes him and his son for selling out this country to China, or whoever will pay the bill.
    Last edited by Doc; 11-08-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Correct...I promise to be as divisive and hateful as the left has been for the last 4 years. Forgive me if the cry of unity fails to change my outlook after watching the left encouraging violence, hate, looting and nonstops attack on the President.

My hope is 2 years from now the GOP gains the house and senate. Then they impeach his quid pro quo ass and prosecutes him and his son for selling out this country to China, or whoever will pay the bill.
    I dont recall ever being hateful to you my friend. If I did it was a terrible mistake on my part. But I make them sometimes I admit. But disagreeing is not hate and can be stated politely among friends.

I'm genuinely sorry you and others feel so bad about the result. And that is the truth of the matter. Because I don't feel the same is not meant as an affront to anyone here.

I will try to remain in the background here so as not to let my presence anger you. A cooling off period of sorts in hope that things are repairable. As are others.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-08-2020 at 11:54 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    It is a really tough sell about liberals unifying the country when they openly admit this nation is trash and nothing but a racist, hateful country full of racists that must be torn down and rebuilt under their holier than thou beliefs.

So don’t piss down my back and tell me it is raining.

Darryl
    I have never heard one of my many many dem friends call the nation trash. Ever. Just the opposite actually.
    And surely we all know that anywhere racism exists, it should continually be rooted out by the roots for the evil it is.

I dont recall ever being hateful to you my friend. If I did it was a terrible mistake on my part. But I make them sometimes I admit. But disagreeing is not hate and can be stated politely among friends.

I'm genuinely sorry you and others feel so bad about the result. And that is the truth of the matter. Because I don't feel the same is not meant as an affront to anyone here.

I will try to remain in the background here so as not to let my presence anger you. A cooling off period of sorts in hope that things are repairable. As are others.
    I don't recall being hateful to you. Was I?

I am referimg to the hate spewed by YOUR PARTY towards the President and his supporters. Now the exhaulted queen has chimed in (https://trendingpolitics.com/breakin...m_medium=email) after 4 years of consistant hate and attacks, now its about unity and America, unless you are identified as a Trump supporter. Don't expect me forget or forgive the actions of the past 4 yrs
    Last edited by Doc; 11-08-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    I have never heard one of my many many dem friends call the nation trash. Ever. Just the opposite actually.
    And surely we all know that anywhere racism exists, it should continually be rooted out by the roots for the evil it is.
    Guess we listen to different people.

Guess we listen to different people.
    I don’t doubt there are people who say this, it’s just not something that anyone I talk to says.

For clairity...I consider lighting American flags on fire and stomping on them to be a form of "trashing this nation". But that is just me

For clairity...I consider lighting American flags on fire and stomping on them to be a form of "trashing this nation". But that is just me
    This is again something I have never ever seen or heard of someone doing. I have no doubt that there are some extremists (on both sides) that have done it. But this is certainly not the norm.
    ~Puma~

This is again something I have never ever seen or heard of someone doing. I have no doubt that there are some extremists (on both sides) that have done it. But this is certainly not the norm.
    Are you saying you have not seen liberals tearing down statues, burning flags, calling our nation a terrible nation, chanting death to police, chanting to kill white people, burning down cities causing damage totaling hundreds of millions of dollars, etc?

And don’t hand me that bullshit that both sides are doing this.

It is ONLY supporters of Democrats. Has Kamala bailed out any more rioters?

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Are you saying you have not seen liberals tearing down statues, burning flags, calling our nation a terrible nation, chanting death to police, chanting to kill white people, burning down cities causing damage totaling hundreds of millions of dollars, etc?

And don’t hand me that bullshit that both sides are doing this.

It is ONLY supporters of Democrats. Has Kamala bailed out any more rioters?

Darryl
    I have seen people tearing down statues and rioting, yes. Extremists and people breaking the law...the lot of them. Don't know (or care) who they vote for.

Of course, I have also seen white supremacists marching and chanting all kinds of awful things that I will not type on here. Murdering people. Blowing up buildings. Planning kidnappings. And don't hand me that bullshit that both sides are doing this. It is ONLY supporters of Republicans.

Our nation is unbelievably divided and there are extremists and law breakers on both sides. And just like it is completely wrong of Democrats to paint anyone who votes Republican as a white supremacist (and some absolutely do), it is just as wrong for Republicans to paint Democrats with the same broad brush.

But, this discussion just keeps going in circles. People are angry right now and therefore broad brushes are going to keep being used. I'm not going to defend looters and rioters or people tearing down statues. And I would hope you wouldn't defend white supremacists and people kidnapping governors.
    ~Puma~

Democrats DID defend the rioters; all summer. The liberal media (which is nothing more than a political arm of the Dems) repeatedly said these were nearly 100% peaceful protests. Harris donated money to rioters. Liberal DAs refused to press charges for those known looters.

Dems started condemning the riots when polls came out showing the nation was against them. Their puppets on CNN started sounding the alarm to “condemn them”

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 11-08-2020 at 04:16 PM.

No reason to keep going round and round. Suffice to say, I don't agree. But I condemn anyone who is violent or breaks the law. Pretty simple.
    ~Puma~

Same here
    No reason to keep going round and round. Suffice to say, I don't agree. But I condemn anyone who is violent or breaks the law. Pretty simple.

There is little doubt that these riots were used to help Biden’s cause, he is now the great white hope to bring everyone back together until he raises taxes.

I have seen people tearing down statues and rioting, yes. Extremists and people breaking the law...the lot of them. Don't know (or care) who they vote for.

Of course, I have also seen white supremacists marching and chanting all kinds of awful things that I will not type on here. Murdering people. Blowing up buildings. Planning kidnappings. And don't hand me that bullshit that both sides are doing this. It is ONLY supporters of Republicans.

Our nation is unbelievably divided and there are extremists and law breakers on both sides. And just like it is completely wrong of Democrats to paint anyone who votes Republican as a white supremacist (and some absolutely do), it is just as wrong for Republicans to paint Democrats with the same broad brush.

But, this discussion just keeps going in circles. People are angry right now and therefore broad brushes are going to keep being used. I'm not going to defend looters and rioters or people tearing down statues. And I would hope you wouldn't defend white supremacists and people kidnapping governors.
    Oddly enough, I have not seen a single klansman burning stuff or committing voilence. Last Klanman I saw was in 1993, when I move to FL. But then I don't classify someone who drives a pickup as a white supremicist. IMO there are very very few true White supremicist around

Well it is tough. There are democrats who hate me in my town. My girlfriend dd (duke democrat) wants me to go to parties or get togethers and I decline telling her, some of those people hate me. For a year she poo-pooed that, but she has heard from people expressing hate for me that she now gets it. I am a moderate with huge successes in my 20 some years in public service. But because I have been a republican, conservative, anti tax voter, appeared in ads for my fiend the Senator, etc, people hate me. HATE ME. And they are unabashed about hating. So don’t speak about unity to me. I don’t believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Well it is tough. There are democrats who hate me in my town. My girlfriend dd (duke democrat) wants me to go to parties or get togethers and I decline telling her, some of those people hate me. For a year she poo-pooed that, but she has heard from people expressing hate for me that she now gets it. I am a moderate with huge successes in my 20 some years in public service. But because I have been a republican, conservative, anti tax voter, appeared in ads for my fiend the Senator, etc, people hate me. HATE ME. And they are unabashed about hating. So don’t speak about unity to me. I don’t believe it.
    That's a shame and I believe it. Can't even begin to tell you some of the hate I've gotten over the years. Hate isn't something that will ever go out of style for many people (no matter their politics).
    ~Puma~

A statement by former President Bush..

"I extended my warm congratulations and thanked him for the patriotic message he delivered last night, “I also called Kamala Harris to congratulate her on her historic election to the vice presidency.”

Acknowledging they “have political differences,” Bush said he knows Biden “to be a good man, who has won this opportunity to lead and unify our country.”

I posted this mainly because according to the Obama administration and others, both republican and democrat, no president ever worked harder or made for a smoother transfer of power inside the White House than this man. Not relative only to the Trump administration but, possibly any in history. I was honestly surprised by that.

Without comment on his "second", and even disagreeing with many of his policies, retrospectively no US politician exudes any more class and patriotism than George Bush.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-08-2020 at 09:43 PM.

And that’s supposed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy?

Was that Bush 1 or 2? "No new taxes" or "Chimpy the liar"?

Regardless, good for him. He is able to overlook the hatred and violence that the left has unleashed for the last 6 years. I am not that big of a person. Of course the Bush's never supported Trump so they are not on "the list"

The Republican City Commissioner in Philadelphia is receiving death threats.

https://twitter.com/60minutes/status...699946496?s=21