Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

This is what is wrong with America

The most trusted person in America?

1. Actor, Tom Hanks.

The 2nd most trusted person in America?

2. Actor, Sandra Bullock.

The 3rd most trusted person in America?

3. Actor, Denzel Washington.

The 4th most trusted person in America?

4. Actor, Meryl Streep.

I don't have the link handy, but it's the Reader's Digest Poll conducted by the research group The Wagner Group.

Re: This is what is wrong with America

It's a symptom, not a cause.

Rupp's Runt

And ALL of them are left-wing shills of the politically-correct crowd. Pretty sad. Actually, very sad.
    All good actors/actresses, but I do not care one iota about their political leanings, nor do I wish to hear what they think.
    Just make movies and entertain me, then shut the hell up!!
    MOLON LABE!

We're largely a nation of idiots, on a planet of idiots, whose lives revolve around the drivel of places like Hollywood.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

You guys are appalled that people find Hollywood actors and actresses so trustworthy, but I ask, on a national stage, in whom should people trust? Politicians? The US Archdiocese? If someone asked what national figure I trusted in the most, I wouldn't be able to give an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    You guys are appalled that people find Hollywood actors and actresses so trustworthy, but I ask, on a national stage, in whom should people trust? Politicians? The US Archdiocese? If someone asked what national figure I trusted in the most, I wouldn't be able to give an answer.
    I would hope it would be a member of the news/media, somebody who values the truth and finds it. Unfortunately we no longer have journalists who want to find "the truth" but instead are more interested in advancing their personal beliefs or getting ahead in their profession by caving to the pressures within the media. I'd also like to see figures like the Supreme Court Justices as "trusted". For me, I trust people I personally know. I find it hard to trust somebody I've never talked with or whom I do no know.

I don't make any bones that I don't trust politicians. Most are in politics for the gain, not the service.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Agree with you, Doc. I'd be just as astonished, and probably more disgusted, if people had named political figures as their "most trustworthy" individuals. Hell, at least with actors you KNOW what they're getting paid to do and who is paying them. Not so with politicians, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    We're largely a nation of idiots, on a planet of idiots, whose lives revolve around the drivel of places like Hollywood.
    Game, set and match!

I find the whole idea of a "most trusted person in America" odd. How do any of us know how trustworthy a total stranger is? And regardless of how many times we've seen them on our TV, or on a movie screen, or read their comments in a newspaper (remember when we used to read newspapers?), that's what they are--total strangers. We only know the very small part of them they allow us to see.

I may trust the people I know, and even then they can be disappointing. Sounds cynical, I know, but at :mumbledymumble: years old, that's pretty much what it looks like to me.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

+1

For me, the person I trust most is ME. I've never lied to myself, well maybe a time or two, but I knew I was lying all along.
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine

And it's getting worse...