Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo

Re: Ammo

I have an M&P compact in .40S&W and love it. Never had any issues. Been looking for a Shield for months but haven't had any luck. TOUGH gun to find, even before Sandy Hook. Saw online this morning that Whitakers in Owensboro got one in but I couldn't get through on the phone, but I'm sure it barely made it in to the showcase before someone snagged it.

Shields are nearly impossible to find. As you said, not from the gun grab either. Just more demand than supply since the day the first ones came out.

Barrister, know what you mean about the Glock takedown. Mine has a internal laser and that gives takedown a whole know meaning. The spring on that lasermax is pretty damn stout and you really have to foul the thing down to get it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by ukblue View Post
    Barrister, know what you mean about the Glock takedown. Mine has a internal laser and that gives takedown a whole know meaning. The spring on that lasermax is pretty damn stout and you really have to foul the thing down to get it apart.
    I know a lot of hardcore carry guys prefer the Glock setup because it makes for a slimmer, sleeker gun with no potential for a snag. It's just an aggravation to me, though.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Ammo.net had 50 round boxes of 9mm for $24.25 plus shipping today. That's a good price these days.
    Last spring 9mm ammo could be had at half that price for a 50 round box.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Last spring 9mm ammo could be had at half that price for a 50 round box.
    Yep, but we won't see that again IMO, at least not for a few years. Wish we would, good for the gun community and its expansion for ammo to be cheap. Maybe if we get a more sympathetic Administration they'll encourage increased production and importation. Even raw materials are tough to get just to make brass and bullets. Would like to research the import restrictions on the core components.

I've been looking at reloading options, but I'm only interested in volume processing at this point. if nothing else it's fun to window shop the machines. I love a well designed piece of equipment.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 03-05-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Found some .22 LR at a Lexington gun store over the weekend. $23.95 for a box of 50. I was standing there mentally cussing (cursing just doesn't feel like the right word) about the price when another guy walked up, picked up a box, looked at the price tag, and started cussing out loud. In fact, he let loose a small torrent of obscenities. Somebody really had to do it. We both left there with no ammo.

Barrister, I'm curious but does that impact your view/feelings about that particular store? IMO those gun stores doing that to such extremes will be hurt when things return to some level of normalcy IMO. Gun people have long memories. Midway is having to ration b/c they won't clear with price increases but it's the better marketing strategy. The others come off as price gouging, that price in particular. My wholesalers by and large haven't done it either. I have no problem with adjusting price to clear a market but its bad marketing b/c few will see it that way.

As for that price, WOW. I'm selling some 22lr (loose but factory) in the next auction. Packs of a couple/three hundred or so, would fall over backwards to get $100 for it. lol. I'll happily sell you 200 rounds for say $75?

It's not cheap but I can get it better than that price. Cheaperthandirt has Aguila 500rd brick for $60. 12c per round is crazy but better than 48c/rnd. They have 7.62 Tula in stock too, but at 75c/rnd. That's INSANE for 7.62 berdan primed steel case that most people can't reload. Triple the pre-hysteria price. Hope the zombies and jack booted thugs hold off till the prices come down some.

So anyway, I have some NIB Aguila 500 round bricks for $120 if you're interested...

Nevermind. Looked closer, it's the Aguila that is primer only. I know, but they do make an ammo that is "super quiet", b/c it has no powder charge. It's OK target ammo for revolvers, but wont' even cycle a semiauto pistol much less a rifle receiver block.

So, back to my deal. I'll sell you 200 rounds for $100.

I'm definitely making notes of the shops that I frequent that are gouging. And I've seen some outrageous prices, but $25 for 50 rounds of .22LR?!? Excuse my French but WHAT. THE. F***... I though the $7 for 50 price I saw the other day was high. Good LORD. Like Citizen, I'll cut a man a deal and sell him all I have at half that rate, lol.

I'm buying a lot, and it doesn't bother me to pay a little more because of the situation we're in, but I refuse to pay those stupid prices. While it's spotty, I'm finding decent to good prices on most everything at WalMart. Got three boxes of 115 grain 9mm yesterday for 10.97 for 50. I'm paying ~$20 for 50 round boxes of .40S&W, and I've been finding it there fairly regularly lately. 100 round boxes of Federal .223 can be had for 34.97 a box (though they're tougher to get obviously), and while I haven't seen any there for 3 weeks or so, I've bought many 100 round boxes of .22LR at less than $7 per.

CBBN, I didn't have much of a high opinion of that particular gun store to begin with. I had already figured out that they would charge the highest price they could for anything. The only reason I went in was because I'm looking for a particular gun that is hard to find right now. So, I hit all the stores that I know of in Lexington. It definitely reinforced my feelings on that store, though.

I think I smell a mouse in your offer. I think I'll just keep hitting up the Walmart and hoping to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeerehunter View Post
    I'm definitely making notes of the shops that I frequent that are gouging. And I've seen some outrageous prices, but $25 for 50 rounds of .22LR?!? Excuse my French but WHAT. THE. F***... I though the $7 for 50 price I saw the other day was high. Good LORD. Like Citizen, I'll cut a man a deal and sell him all I have at half that rate, lol.

I'm buying a lot, and it doesn't bother me to pay a little more because of the situation we're in, but I refuse to pay those stupid prices. While it's spotty, I'm finding decent to good prices on most everything at WalMart. Got three boxes of 115 grain 9mm yesterday for 10.97 for 50. I'm paying ~$20 for 50 round boxes of .40S&W, and I've been finding it there fairly regularly lately. 100 round boxes of Federal .223 can be had for 34.97 a box (though they're tougher to get obviously), and while I haven't seen any there for 3 weeks or so, I've bought many 100 round boxes of .22LR at less than $7 per.
    Thanks for the tips. Saved me from CBBN's "special price." lol

PM me what you're looking for, may be able to get it. Probably not these days, but you never know.

I respect people trying to make a profit, but there's also a difference between building a clientele and looking for suckers.

FWIW I think common sense saved you from that special price, lol. I'd be embarrassed to get that for 22. I know it's hard to come by but dang.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 03-06-2013 at 11:32 AM.

SCORE! Finally got my Shield today. Picked up the girls from school and decided to run by the gun shop on a whim before we headed home. Lo and behold they had literally just got them off the truck, hadn't even unboxed their shipment yet. They had two and I bought 'em both; a .40 for me and a 9mm for the wife.