Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Victor Davis Hanson: The 10 radical new rules that are changing America

Agree or disagree, I found the thoughts to be provoking

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Victor Davis Hanson: The 10 radical new rules that are changing America

seeya
    dan

The Dems’ catering to the liberals have our nation on the precipice of disaster.

seeya
    dan

The Obama-Biden definition of navigable waters included ditches that were only wet when it rained and farm ponds. Absurd overreach.

Every agricultural association in the country fought him tooth and nail over it and thankfully got his silliness stopped before it put the average farmer out of business.

People did not realize it until the Ag groups jumped in to campaign against it, but suburban home owners were in peril over their standing water in the yards, playgrounds and any running streams that bordered their property.
    seeya
    dan

[I]
    MSNBC host Al Sharpton last month threatened to accuse Manchin and Sinema of "supporting racism" over their support of the filibuster.

"The pressure that we are going to put on Sinema and Manchin is calling [the filibuster] racist and saying that they are, in effect, supporting racism," Sharpton told Politico. "Why would they be wedded to something that has those results? Their voters need to know that."

Linkage

Amazing how open some people are willing to be in their description of how they want to weaponize the threat of accusing others of being racist.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Every agricultural association in the country fought him tooth and nail over it and thankfully got his silliness stopped before it put the average farmer out of business.

People did not realize it until the Ag groups jumped in to campaign against it, but suburban home owners were in peril over their standing water in the yards, playgrounds and any running streams that bordered their property.
    The Realtors knew it. Literally any area that just gets soggy when it rains was technically covered.

Leftists are good at several things, all of them obfuscations, and the one they are best at it is manipulating language. Like claims now that Biden is "unifying" b/c he's creating policies that people SHOULD unify behind, and falsely claiming broad non-politician support for things.

But the really dangerous ones are things like this where "navigable" becomes an utterly meaningless term by re-defining it literally as anything with water. An insane level of bureaucratic an administrative overreach from the legislative powers put into the law by Congress.

Look at immigration "law". Obama and now Biden just decide to arbitrarily not enforce the law, and get away with it. I'm not even defending the current immigration law, but the laws of this land are passed by Congress, not the Executive. If we don't like the law we must change it in Congress, not simply ignore and cherry pick it at the enforcement level. That is a stupidly dangerous precedent that nearly every president since Reagan has engaged in, and it continues to undermine our system of government.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    [I]

Linkage

Amazing how open some people are willing to be in their description of how they want to weaponize the threat of accusing others of being racist.
    Weaponizing racism is option #1 for the Left. Attack anyone who stands in your way as racist, no matter the issue. In this case simply supporting the Senate process that prevents it from being every bit as volatile as the House, and fully giving this nation over to tyranny of the majority.

When McConnell kept the filibuster in place for 2 years, was that racist? So he should have gotten rid of it so Trump could push through more of his agenda? Such arguments are pure idiocy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Look at immigration "law". Obama and now Biden just decide to arbitrarily not enforce the law, and get away with it. I'm not even defending the current immigration law, but the laws of this land are passed by Congress, not the Executive. If we don't like the law we must change it in Congress, not simply ignore and cherry pick it at the enforcement level
    My Lord, what a novel idea. Seems like I read something similar to that in the USCIS Policy Manual.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Weaponizing racism is option #1 for the Left. Attack anyone who stands in your way as racist, no matter the issue. In this case simply supporting the Senate process that prevents it from being every bit as volatile as the House, and fully giving this nation over to tyranny of the majority.

When McConnell kept the filibuster in place for 2 years, was that racist? So he should have gotten rid of it so Trump could push through more of his agenda? Such arguments are pure idiocy.
    During the last two years of the Trump administration the filibuster was used somewhere around 358 times. 330 times it was the Dems who were filibustering.

I keep waiting for the liberal extremists to realize it was the Dems that passed the Jim Crow laws, it was the Dems who filibustered the Civil Rights legislation and it was the Dems who were the party of the KKK. Then maybe the liberals will cancel the Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    During the last two years of the Trump administration the filibuster was used somewhere around 358 times. 330 times it was the Dems who were filibustering.

I keep waiting for the liberal extremists to realize it was the Dems that passed the Jim Crow laws, it was the Dems who filibustered the Civil Rights legislation and it was the Dems who were the party of the KKK. Then maybe the liberals will cancel the Dems.
    In the case of federal busing legislation it was specifically Joe Biden who made the filibuster work to prevent federal requirements. He was getting pressure from his very white constituents in very white Delaware. Nice politico article on it I posted here a while back.