Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Re: Sanders not in favor pof closing popur borders amid the Covid 19 event

Trump did the right thing. Bernie is wrong about that.
    Unfortunately it didn’t work. And more needed to be done which wasn’t and more needs to be done now.
    But Trump was right jumping on that when he did.

And yet it is Donald Trump that is not taking it seriously. Hard to believs that talking point. Borders closed and travel restricted to minimize the influx of the virus and buy time....check
    Increasing test availability.....check
    Appoint a single individual to oversee the response...check
    Have daily press conferences to diseminate info....check

Run around screaming we are all going to die...fortunately not

Bernie is all about open borders. There is no condition or circumstance where we should not permit any individual who want to cross into this nation to be opposed.
    Last edited by Doc; 03-13-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Trump did the right thing. Bernie is wrong about that.
    Unfortunately it didn’t work. And more needed to be done which wasn’t and more needs to be done now.
    But Trump was right jumping on that when he did.
    What exactly more and needed to be done is there? I know you are no Trump fan but what exactly did he not do?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    What exactly more and needed to be done is there? I know you are no Trump fan but what exactly did he not do?
    I have answered this several times in other threads, but I will do so once again. I do want to say, this isn't the Trump-Virus. Its not his fault. He has done some things right (like the China travel ban) amidst pushback. There is nothing he could have done to stop this completely and anyone who pretends there was is simply biased and not being honest.

He did do some of the things you listed above but he did most of them too late. We could have had these tests weeks ago if he would have acted sooner. That one simple decision would have prevented much of this spread.

There absolutely were some things he could have done and should have done earlier. But his biggest mistake that I believe will cost lives has been what he has DONE...not what he has not done.

He HAS lied about the number infected and how bad this was and could get.
    He HAS made this political again and again.
    He HAS downplayed the severity of this which has caused millions in America to downplay the severity of it. That in and of itself has at the very least assisted in its transmission. FINALLY, today, people are starting to let this sink in. This isn't the flu. It never was the flu. This is way more serious than the flu. You can see it some on this board (there are many posts on the other thread that will not age well) and I can especially see it on twitter and Instagram. My Republican friends are finally not posting about this being a hoax and not that serious, etc. But it literally took until today. Unfortunately, because of our severe lack of testing, its likely too late to stop those kinds of transmission. Therefore, extreme measures are needed.

As a reminder, these are all exact quotes from him in the last few weeks. This is not a President that is ahead of this. This is a President in denial and misleading the American people. And I will bet my mortgage he will change his tune soon. Now that this is spreading and schools are closing, he looks like someone who is playing catch-up (because he is). Politically, this has been a disaster and he knows it. And now he will have to come out in the next couple of days and change his tune. He has no other choice.

“the 15 (cases of Coronavirus), within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

When asked about school's having preparedness plans just in case they need to shut down:
    “I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up,” he said. “We’re going very substantially down, not up.”

"Low Ratings Fake News MSDNC (Comcast) &
    @CNN are doing everything possible to make the Caronavirus (his misspelling not mine) look as bad as possible, including panicking markets, if possible. Likewise their incompetent Do Nothing Democrat comrades are all talk, no action. USA in great shape!"

"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

“This came unexpectedly, it came out of China, we closed it down, we stopped it, it was a very early shut down,” he [Trump] told reporters this morning. Trump’s chief economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, declared on CNBC, “I would still argue to you that this thing is contained.”

"I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship" -- Trump explains that he doesn't want to let people off the Grand Princess cruise ship because he doesn't want the number of coronavirus cases in the country to go up.

"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”

"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!"
    ~Puma~

Btw, I should add, this lack of leadership and response is not isolated to Trump.

Because of my job, I met with a group of Principals to consult last week. I asked them to tell me specifically what their preparedness plan was if/when schools close. Will the students need to make up work in summer? Are they prepared to offer online classes? WHat will they do with athletic events? Registration nights? etc.

To a one, they had no plan. One Principal literally looked at me and said, "This is all so overblown. This is all just media hype and frenzy. Our schools are not going to close. This isn't China."

Keep in mind, this was last week. And last week, hardly anyone thought this was going to become what it already had.

I looked at him and I said, "I will bet you $100 right here and right now your school closes before Spring Break".
    He look mortified (again, I was supposed to be consulting so have gained a certain amount of respect). I told him that I had met with a University last week and they were 100% prepared to close. I have a friend that is a higher up with Coachella and he had told me they were postponing. I shared all of that and told them not to leave the room until they had a better plan on what will happen WHEN they have to close down.

We live in a world that simply has a blind eye to this stuff. And I get it. It seems so surreal. But I think the opposite of he and some on this board. I do not think the media/Americans are TOO worried about this. I think they have not taken this serious enough. For some reason, Americans just seem to believe nothing will really be that bad. Not in today's day and age.

This is not a media driven thing to hurt Trump. Ask the Italians. Ask the Chinese. Ask the Germans. Ask the many number of CEO's who have had to cancel events that will cost them millions.

Leadership never causes panic. Its forthright. Its forward thinking. Its ahead of the curve. Its honest. It tells people the bad news to prepare them. It settles.
    I do my best to do that in my small world.
    These Principals did a horrible job of it in theirs.
    I believe Trump has done a poor job in his.
    ~Puma~

Bernie is wrong. About everything. If there is an exception to the rule, ok, but it wirks for me.

So the actual only action he did was delay test release? Well considering the reagent is from Germany, I guess he and Merkle are in cahoots.

One mans lies are another man trying to prevent panic. I guess its like shovel ready jobs and if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance. Trump very well may believe all those quotes because that is the info he was given. Like him, I agree the media is fanning the flame of panic.

I suspect anything less than providing 330,000,000 biohazard suits, one for every citizen of this nation, is about the only thing he could have done to fully protect this nation. I wish he had done that but even so I am sure that.would have been inadequate for some
    Last edited by Doc; 03-13-2020 at 06:36 AM.

So the actual only action he did was delay test release? Well considering the reagent is from Germany, I guess he and Merkle are in cahoots.

One mans lies are another man trying to prevent panic. I guess its like shovel ready jobs and if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance. Trump very well may believe all those quotes because that is the info he was given. Like him, I agree the media is faming the flame of panic.

I suspect anything less than providing 330,000,000 biohazard suits, one for every citizen of this nation, is about the only thing he could have done to fully protect this nation. I wish he had done that but even so I am sure that.would have been inadequate for some
    Not for me. My bar isn’t even close to that high. Don’t lie. Don’t downplay and be serious. Mainly that.
    Something changed and tonight he was serious and honest. And now maybe we can stop this thing.

I should clarify

According to the opposing party, every President lies. What one side calls a lie, the other believes the truth. I am sure G. Bush did not think he was going to have any new taxes, and the younger that there were WMD's in Iraq. Clinton possibly believed getting a hummer was not "sexual relations". Obama likely believed there were shovel ready jobs and citizens would keep their insurance. Nixon likely believed that he was not a crook. If you believe it, its not a lie. Might be inaccurate or incorrect but not a lie per se

One man's lie is another man's truth

Honestly, at this point, it seems shallow to even discuss semantics.
    Lie. Downplay. Whatever you choose to call it.
    He absolutely downplayed it for the last two weeks and it has caused it to spread. We will find that out in the coming days. This thing has infected 10,000 plus already. I can almost guarantee you.
    He pivoted tonight. Finally. And his words were serious. This matters because finally millions of his followers will go “oh crap, this isn’t the flu”.
    I literally have gotten about 10 texts tonight from different people apologizing for calling me a liberal idiot. Haha
    Now they know. I don’t care about being right. I just don’t want people to die.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Not for me. My bar isn’t even close to that high. Don’t lie. Don’t downplay and be serious. Mainly that.
    Something changed and tonight he was serious and honest. And now maybe we can stop this thing.
    By your standard every politician has "lied". Every Governor has said the "risk is low" the last 2 weeks. What they shoudl have said is "the risk is low RIGHT NOW but that will change quickly."

As Doc said, you see lies, others see him trying to not panic people into hoarding toilet paper.

is there a way he could have done both? Yes. Did he? No, but sounds like he started striking the proper tone tonight. But other than that I haven't seen anyone else including other world leaders really strike that right tone either.

interestingly we have examples of that tone they should study. Maybe Trump didn't but maybe those who have his ear did. I hope so.

My biggest concern remains the delay in testing far more than the tweeting. Not happy it was delayed, but glad the impediments are gone for whatever reason they existed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re the border, they have detained over 200 Chinese nationals at the border in the last some weeks, and this year have detained people from 122 countries.

People have this image of it being Hispanics from Mexico and central America. it's not. People are going to Mexico and then trying to cross into the US from all over the world. They should rename Mexico "Ellis Island South", except instead of US customs in charge it's largely the drug cartels who run things.

With this virus that's an incredibly serious problem.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Def agree on testing. Weeks behind.

Is there a belief that we had a stockpile of Wuhaun flu test kits sitting in storage shed in Minnesota? The test needed to be developed which can not be done until the virus is isolated. Then it needed to be manufactured and tested for accuracy. The first case outside of China was Jan 13. In my opinion it is fairly remarkable that a test was developed and approved in less than 2 months. Private labs were allowed to develop tests in late Feb (2 weeks ago). Tests do not magically appear. Emergency use authorization allow for a rapid implementation, minimizing much of the red tape. Initial tests were inaccurate and inconclusive.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-myths.html

Austria/Italy border is closed.

Is there a belief that we had a stockpile of Wuhaun flu test kits sitting in storage shed in Minnesota? The test needed to be developed which can not be done until the virus is isolated. Then it needed to be manufactured and tested for accuracy. The first case outside of China was Jan 13. In my opinion it is fairly remarkable that a test was developed and approved in less than 2 months. Private labs were allowed to develop tests in late Feb (2 weeks ago). Tests do not magically appear. Emergency use authorization allow for a rapid implementation, minimizing much of the red tape. Initial tests were inaccurate and inconclusive.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-myths.html
    This!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    This!!
    No, not this. Every other country was testing far faster and more than we were. But, isn't even worth arguing anymore?
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Dismantling our the national security team that addressed pandemics in 2018 was a bad move. Not getting test kits from the WHO is also problematic.

Border security is important. More so with something like this.