Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

So how is this spun

US pulls out of Reagan-era arms treaty, saying Russia 'made no efforts' to comply

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...nto-compliance

I say it is to allow Trumps BFF/Russian Handler/mind controlling Putin to do whatever he wants. I mean pulling out of the treaty means Russian has no limits. Of course they didn't before, given the leeway the past administration had after the 2012 election. Just another example of Trump being soft on Russia.

And then there is this

Mike Pompeo: US is ready for potential 2020 election attack from Russia, Iran, China, 'anybody'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pompeo...special-report

Odds are it is spun in ready, as in ready to assist. I mean Trump should speak up and tell them to "cut it out"

Edited to add...SARCASM is obvious to me in my post but not everybody gets it at times
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: So how is this spun

In a world where calling out a hypocrite like Cummings is automatically racist I'm sure this will be spun as somehow helping Russia, but of course it doesn't.

Russia has flouted that agreement for more than a decade, and they and the Chinese are developing some pretty sophisticated weapons systems and we need to keep up.

so we go back into another arms race with the Russians, which is expensive but worse for them than us, just like when Reagan did it to them.

This is one where Trump and Obama officials pretty much agree, though Obama was never willing to pull the trigger and take actual action beyond some sanctions on rich Putin friends.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The liberal MSM completely ignored the US cyberattacks on the Russians over their election meddling. They tend to ignore anything pro-Trump.

The actions Russia has taken including interfering in our election process and fudging on the treaty are good reason to either force their hand or level the playing field.

I think the facts show this was an appropriate move for the US to make. Politics is politics, and opinions will always vary...but Americans are not the enemy here. I'm sure Putin would take that as a positive trade off though.

Now the facts are that the US and all it's leaders honored it....while Putin and Russia didn't.

The hope surely is that this will force the Russians to seriously comply with and agree to the importance of the START treaty that expires in two years. A full blown arms race is not a good thing and the fallout from this could positively influence it.
    With that being the goal it is a positive move imo.

As for those who are against it, in this situation there should be an understanding and acceptance of the need for differing opinions. Arms control, and especially nuclear weapons are not the same as arguing for or against the number of golfing trips a President takes.

There are good and necessary points to be made on both sides.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-03-2019 at 09:56 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain