Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KY voters opinions pon Amy McGrath

Some of you were exposed to her in her race against Andy Barr and I am just being exposed to her in her newborn candidacy against Mitch. I have no love for him, but I do not want to support an opponent that I do not want to vote for either.

Anybody got any opinions on her?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: KY voters opinions pon Amy McGrath

She's a political opportunist.

Seriously, she is on tape claiming to be the most liberal candidate in the state in front of liberal donors, then comes back and claims she's a moderate.

I can tell you she didn't win the veteran vote, at least not those I know. Some of my vet friends have had some interaction with her and they dont' like her one tiny bit. That told me all I needed to know.

I have no love for Mitch, but voting in another pure politician who will say anything to get the right metrics and win an election is surely no step up.

BTW, she's reversed on the Kavanaugh question already. She's just out to get elected, not out to actually accomplish anything for anyone.

This flip on Kavanaugh should tell folks a whole lot. That flip was b/c she needs liberal money to run a campaign, b/c she cant' raise it in Kentucky.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcg...-wing-backlash

IMO that's just a modern day carpetbagger. Snotty millionaires in California are financing her in a campaign to win in Kentucky. She should just go run in california.

And they're only supporting her b/c she's a "fighter pilot", but as I understand it she inflated that record by carefully choosing her language. That's the main thing that turned off my vet friends.

I'd like to see some better candidates run in Kentucky, but she isn't it. Just more of the same, and beholden to people who aren't even from here.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 07-10-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

FWIW I don't see how she wins. People are stale with Mitch, but against Barr, who has far less money and support, she still lost. She won Lexington, it's blue, they'd vote for any liberal, but she lost everywhere else.

That's why Trump did a rally for Barr in Richmond.

So if she couldn't win those folks over how will she do with a whole state of counties much more like Madison than Fayette? She'll win Louisville and Lexington IMO, and lose everywhere else.

I saw her or someone say she thought Mitch was "vulnerable" b/c of his support for Trump. Uh, Trump won kentucky by THIRTY points. Being blessed by Trump is a good thing in this part of the country, no matter what the gurus out of Washington think.

THIRTY points, and Mitch is vulnerable b/c of Trump? He's only vulnerable b/c he won that seat when I was a junior in high school so he's stale and obviously a crafted insider politician. But he's not vulnerable to a left leaning person just as much of a politician as himself. Even if she's green, she's still just playing politics.

Mitch is vulnerable to an attack from the right, from a more Populist candidate that's even more in Trump's direction IMO, but not one who is farther left.

It will be a closer race, but I think Mitch can carry the red counties plenty strong enough. Esp. if Trump comes in and stumps for him, and he will.

They're hoping to pull off a seat like Manchin in West Virginia, but Manchin has kept that seat by consistently voting pretty conservative and even aligning with Trump on many issues.

I just don't see her doing that even though her veteran status will have appeal. And that's what they're banking on, and it may work. That people won't realize she's liberal and will vote b/c she's a veteran and assume she's at least a moderate.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 07-11-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I don’t see any way she beats Mitch. Barr won a contest in a far bluer district than the state at large.

Here's some undeniable, first hand info..

Imo, I don't believe Mitch deserves one vote. Not even his own.

He refused to help my father who had a just case against the bank which not only received hundreds of millions in bailout money but wrongly foreclosed on his home.

As a matter of fact Dan kindly helped me contact M&M's office.

Many of my contacts with this bank were federal employees advising home owners that they would not lose their homes and offering lower payments. An offer which my father accepted and was happy with for almost a year. Until that bank, after being handed hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars, demanded the full amount of those increased back payments and tripled his house payment from what it was originally. Then, after his credit was ruined and he had been drained of everything he had they expedited the foreclosure.

Mitch did not dispute the validity of my dads case, as I had the documentation...he instead said he "does not get involved in things like that" All the while running a statewide TV add proclaiming that he helps senior citizens across the state.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-14-2019 at 05:38 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Mitch is stale. Very spot on comment KingCat. At the end of the day, Democrats need a candidate who is strong....committed and won’t flip/flip
    Amy McGrath unfortunately is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Mitch is stale. Very spot on comment KingCat. At the end of the day, Democrats need a candidate who is strong....committed and won’t flip/flip
    Amy McGrath unfortunately is neither.
    They need a candidate who has issue appeal in this state. But the national DNC disagrees with the positions taken by most Kentuckians on every issue.

So they end up with someone who sounds like she may be in agreement, but is out in California promising to be a solid vote for the liberal agenda so she can raise money.

Mitch is stale as can be, but running another empty shirt (and in a way a carpetbagger) against him will be a tough sell. They are backing McGrath b/c they think her military service paints her as conservative but she's promised to vote the party line so she's been given access to the national donor base.

That's why the blow up already over her comments on Kavanaugh. To appeal to Kentuckians she says she probably would have voted for him (like other red state democrats did) but then she gets huge backlash from her donor pool so she backtracks and says she wouldn't, which now puts her at odds with the voters.

She'll focus on her military service and put out broad statements about caring about Kentucky, and working for the common man, all the same bullcrap politicians have used since ancient Greece, and hope she doesn't get pinned down too much on actual issues.

Just be real..quit playing into the labeling crap that is going to the Nth degree right now. Wanna see how a dem gets elected to the senate in Kentucky. Look no further than Joe Manchin in WV. Be your own voice instead of parroting what the party line is depending on which group you speak to. Mitch needs to be shown the door IMO, but not to be replaced by a left leaning version of what he has become.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    They need a candidate who has issue appeal in this state. But the national DNC disagrees with the positions taken by most Kentuckians on every issue.

So they end up with someone who sounds like she may be in agreement, but is out in California promising to be a solid vote for the liberal agenda so she can raise money.

Mitch is stale as can be, but running another empty shirt (and in a way a carpetbagger) against him will be a tough sell. They are backing McGrath b/c they think her military service paints her as conservative but she's promised to vote the party line so she's been given access to the national donor base.

That's why the blow up already over her comments on Kavanaugh. To appeal to Kentuckians she says she probably would have voted for him (like other red state democrats did) but then she gets huge backlash from her donor pool so she backtracks and says she wouldn't, which now puts her at odds with the voters.

She'll focus on her military service and put out broad statements about caring about Kentucky, and working for the common man, all the same bullcrap politicians have used since ancient Greece, and hope she doesn't get pinned down too much on actual issues.

Just be real..quit playing into the labeling crap that is going to the Nth degree right now. Wanna see how a dem gets elected to the senate in Kentucky. Look no further than Joe Manchin in WV. Be your own voice instead of parroting what the party line is depending on which group you speak to. Mitch needs to be shown the door IMO, but not to be replaced by a left leaning version of what he has become.
    All she would be is a party line vote, b/c she'll be in debt to the party b/c they're doing her fundraising.

Honestly I have no intention of handing the Senate to the Democrats. If Trump can win and the GOP can hold the Senate they can keep putting judges on the bench who believe in interpreting the laws, not making laws. That's more important than anything else in the election.

In the end we desperately need a judiciary that forces Congress to do its job. What we have now is barely even the rule of law in some areas, like Immigration, where the laws on the books are ignored and subverted rather than simply passing the correct law, whatever that may be.

I know a LOT of conservatives that don't like Trump but voted for him b/c of the issue of judicial appointments, esp. SCOTUS of course, and will likely do so again. Mitch needs to make that a point in his campaign too.

I’m not concerned about party control. Just do the right thing for the country. For the last 30 years it’s been about winning points for your party. That is what has us on the brink of disaster and civil war now.

I’m not concerned about party control. Just do the right thing for the country. For the last 30 years it’s been about winning points for your party. That is what has us on the brink of disaster and civil war now.
    I agree. And Mitch has done as much to further the situation as anyone. Simply, the present choice is clear.

Realize it is time for change and a hope for a better tomorrow.
    Write to her, challenge her to change, bring to bare the strength of conservatives in considering her for office.
    Or rather vote along party lines for the same old politicized, talking point, reasons and continue on that divisive and destructive path.

For better or worse,, our children and grandchildren will bare the brunt of such decisions one day.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

I want to clarify what Dad went through.

My Dad was one complete month behind on his mortgage payment at the time between 9/11 and the gulf war. We operated a small but successful business from his garage. After 9/11, Fort Knox area completely died as well as our business. From then until the gulf war ensued we went from staying a month or two behind on work year round to struggling to pay one bill after the other. Then we learned of his mortgage payment ballooning to over double what it had been the previous five years
    Yet, my quickly aging Dad did not want to give up, and I was not enough of a man to fully take the reigns for us both. But when the news came that the bail out had happened I called Indymac to get the details and was told by a federal rep that indymac was in "conservatorship"(?) of the federal govt. He told me of the option for reducing Dads payment allowing him to keep his home and property. His words were.."to qualify, and I would not want to give such advice, your dad must be at least two payments behind" And if/when he was, to contact him again to be put on the program.
    I did so several days later.

Three times I submitted a package of 49 separate papers to IndyMac for my Father. Each time I was informed, well after the three month window had closed, I was missing a paper. The first submission went around six months before I was informed of foreclosure. I protested and proved to them I had submitted Dads paperwork. After a while they agreed to accept the paperwork again.

The Sentinel printing company which is owned by Dads pastor, can and did vouch for this. Each package was submitted and received in its entirety page by page.

But every time my Dad was forced to qualify again for not submitting the previous paperwork in it's entirety as it was missing such and such pages and was now not on time. There was a three month qualifying window.
    An outright lie and theft by the US government and the banks of my father's home (and many others) as well as his livelihood.

At the end of over a year being hustled by indymac, he was given a short period of time before demanding well over ten thousand dollars cash (I believe $17,000) and increasing his payment by three times what it was.
    So by believing in our system I myself became responsible for the loss of his home. He could have caught up on his payments and struggled to make the doubled up balloon payments until our situation improved.

Anyway, my dad had a misdiagnosed stroke, followed by multiple mini strokes just after that, and went to rehab. After the first few days the doctor questioned his treatment and my dad proceeded to fall the next morning when an elderly lady was reported to have tripped him in the hallway.
    He went to the hospital and was treated. Then that evening he took and even more serious fall after being returned to the facility.

He was finally removed at our request to Jewish hospital where the State told us he would not be allowed back to that facility and to choose a new one from a list they game us. The state was already investigating this facility as I later learned from the head of nursing for Hardin Memorial and the surrounding area.

My Dad's active life was effectively ended by this series of events and the lack of concern by the senator who.."doesn't get involved in such matters"

I know we must forgive but it is still a hard thing to let roll off the old tongue.

Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-14-2019 at 06:35 PM.

And what is the right thing for the country?

Yes it's ideally voting for citizen servants who go there to open mindedly represent their constituents. Unless your voting precinct is in Fantasyland you and I both know that's not an option.

It should be, but it's not. So we're down to a choice between evils, and in reality other than the rare exception of the Founding Fathers and a brief period thereafter, that's always been the case.

I don't vote the party line, and I don't actually agree with either party on much of anything, but I'm also "real politik", so I'm practical, and no amount of idealism will change what happens to the Judiciary if the Democrats control the Senate and the White House.

If I had the choice I'd blow up both parties and start over. I"m sick of it as much as anyone, but at the margin we have to make decisions based on what "is", not what should be, and if it's McGrath versus Mitch it's really whether I want McConnell or Schumer running the Senate, and no I'd rather a stale and tired guy who I at least agree with on many issues runs the Senate versus an equally stale and out of touch New Yorker run the Senate who I don't agree with on much of anything at all.

The only way the "us v. them" changes is if the money control the parties and donors have on the candidates is broken. That's what's wrong. It's not the voters, it's the money behind things. If you elect a Democrat or Republican they probably got most of their money through connections controlled by the party, so they are kept well in line, so their votes tend to be party line.

To the extent they are not it's b/c the party knows on some issues some areas can't vote a certain way, and both parties try to triangulate that to expose those people, esp. in House races.

But that's the problem. The old days where Democrats and Republicans would cross party lines b/c their area had a particular geographic bent on an issue are largely gone, and the reason why is b/c people like Amy McGrath are being funded by Californians and New Yorkers, not Kentuckians. And that's true of GOP candidates in light blue districts as well, both sides do it.

And I should add, frankly if a candidate I really liked ran against Mitch, I'd vote for him/her.

I voted for perot over Bush Sr. knowing full well it would likely give the election to Clinton if a lot of GOP supporters voted that way,and it did. Not my one vote, but overall that's what happened.

I had hoped it would send a message to the GOP to revamp and refocus and pivot to a more Libertarian/Populist approach. It didn't. If anything Bush II was far more big government, promise whatever, big budgets than ever before under the GOP.

Like I said, the two party system is broken b/c of the amount of influence it wields. I'll vote for anyone who is trying to undo some of that, and in fact it's why Trump won, b/c I'm not alone in wanting to see the system basically blown up and started over.

But if it's a choice between two party hack politicians, yes I know which one I'll suport. So far in this particular race that's what we've got IMO.

I voted for Perot in that election too! It turned out to be the same as a vote for Clinton and like you, I knew it. After seeing the corruption from the Clinton Administration, that still lingers on today in the government, I want make that mistake again. The sad thing is, Bill Clinton would be considered conservative when compared to most if not all the people running on the democrat ticket now.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Kingcat,

I am really sorry about your dad and the ordeal you and your father suffered through.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

McGrath tried to follow Manchin but the DNC bank would close up shop if she tried to go that way.

It is a confusing campaign thus far. She backtracked on Kavanaugh after trying to follow the Manchin. She has described herself as the most liberal person in Kentucky (which to be fair still might not ingratiate herself with California) and she has attacked McConnel and actually accused him of holding up Trump's agenda.

Scratching my head over this.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    McGrath tried to follow Manchin but the DNC bank would close up shop if she tried to go that way.

It is a confusing campaign thus far. She backtracked on Kavanaugh after trying to follow the Manchin. She has described herself as the most liberal person in Kentucky (which to be fair still might not ingratiate herself with California) and she has attacked McConnel and actually accused him of holding up Trump's agenda.

Scratching my head over this.
    She'll say whatever she thinks that particular crowd wants to hear. The "most liberal in kentucky" thing was in front of California donors, trying to get their money, then she comes back and claims to be moderate to conservative.

I agree she tried the Manchin thing but she can't get DNC money if she does.

It's confusing b/c she doesn't really have a position, she just wants to get elected. She obviously would hold up Trump's entire agenda, yet attacks Mitch for the same thing b/c she thinks that's what Kentuckians want to hear.

I'd like to replace Mitch, but with a non-politician Libertarian type who is just honest. That would almost have to be a GOP primary challenger, and that won't happen given his power within the GOP.

I certainly don't see a need to replace him with someone just as political and hollow, if not more so, and simultaneously harm what few parts of the agenda I support getting implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Kingcat,

I am really sorry about your dad and the ordeal you and your father suffered through.
    Thanks.

I just made a mistake. And perhaps we should have given up on our family business much sooner as Dad was really slowing down and showing his age. 9/11 saw our business income instantly drop 75 or 80%.
    When Dad started downhill I suffered through a bout of depression and denial thinking it would all work out.
    By the time I realized what was really happening it was too late to prevent it.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Unforgettable

We are all human.

Next time I am home, I'd love to meet you in person. Would love to meet all the folks here. Easiest for you and E'Town Cat--although I think he moved to Fort Campbell if I remember.

I think so. Well have a fish sandwich and cold one at Otter Creek Tavern one day maybe.

Unforgettable

I'd like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I think so. Well have a fish sandwich and cold one at Otter Creek Tavern one day maybe.

Dave, I’ve never known of senators to interject themselves into those types of things. On the other hand, I know of numerous instances where a member of the U.S. House of Representatives has helped out with those types of things. Carl D Perkins was famous for assisting people in his district, and Hal Rogers does a good job at that today.

Rupp's Runt

kingcat, it makes me ill and angry to hear what those people did to your Dad. I wish I could have helped in some way.

Government and all of its bureaucracy is way too big and way too out of control, and has been ever since I can recall. THAT is NOT what our Founding Fathers intended or wanted.
    And unfortunately, what they had to resort to doing to gain their independence from England may be our last resort as well. Unless we can somehow convene a Convention of the States to correct our course as a nation.

I am no Mitch McConnell fan. Never have been and never will be. However the alternative is worse IMO. At least with Mitch you know what you are getting...a stale old man who is hell bent on keeping power. In other words, he is Nancy Pelosi with a penis.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I am no Mitch McConnell fan. Never have been and never will be. However the alternative is worse IMO. At least with Mitch you know what you are getting...a stale old man who is hell bent on keeping power. In other words, he is Nancy Pelosi with a penis.
    I wouldn't bet my house on whether Nancy has one or not.

She probably keeps a few in jars on her mantle at least....

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Dave, I’ve never known of senators to interject themselves into those types of things. On the other hand, I know of numerous instances where a member of the U.S. House of Representatives has helped out with those types of things. Carl D Perkins was famous for assisting people in his district, and Hal Rogers does a good job at that today.
    I didn't know that.. It would have been easy enough to have informed me if he was truly interested in "helping Kentucky seniors"
    His commercial presented him individually aiding Kentucky seniors in their endeavors. Two or three were used and presented their situation as an example. It was not helping in a general sense...in other words a lie.

And he was after all, seriously involved in the situation on the other end.
    A conflict of interest maybe..

Our friend Sen. Joe Prather, had he still been in office, would have helped. But that's just the difference in men.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-16-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I wouldn't bet my house on whether Nancy has one or not.

She probably keeps a few in jars on her mantle at least....
    I will leave it to you to determine.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I didn't know that.. It would have been easy enough to have informed me if he was truly interested in "helping Kentucky seniors"
    His commercial presented him individually aiding Kentucky seniors in their endeavors. Two or three were used and presented their situation as an example. It was not helping in a general sense...in other words a lie.

And he was after all, seriously involved in the situation on the other end.
    A conflict of interest maybe..

Our friend Sen. Joe Prather, had he still been in office, would have helped. But that's just the difference in men.
    You are right about Joe Prather. Maybe senators don’t but their staff should say something quick to you.

Rupp's Runt

She looks like a mix of two people that I don't really care for. That alone will cost her my vote