Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Bill Maher captures nation's divide, but no in way he thinks

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-want-to-be-us

As a blue state liberal he thinks the issue in red states is we want to be them. U huh.

Well Bill, you've proved the point and hit the nail on the head as to what divides us, but not b/c you're right. B/c it shows the utter insulated conceit of your world and complete lack of understanding of the views of others.

We don't disagree b/c we're less educated and less worldly and just backward, which is all that implies. We disagree b/c we've thought about it, we often have far more real world experience, and we've come to a different and equally valid conclusion.

I esp. love the conceit that blue states are just so much better off. There are teams of people in San Francisco who have to clean up needles and human feces off public and private lands and they can't keep up. You're not better off. Esp. since you are so concerned with economic equality of outcomes and nowhere is that less the case than in places like San Fran and New York.

No Bill, we don't want to be you. We want to be left ALONE by you, to fulfill the individualistic ideal upon which this nation was founded. We don't think your brand of fascist social justice is the road to economic advancement, and even if it was I'm not sure how many of us would embrace it at the cost of our individual liberty.

But thanks for once again proving our point. Even though you have no idea you just did it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Bill Maher captures nation's divide, but no in way he thinks

Oh, he also says us "Flyover states" folks are less educated. I'd protest that on two points. First, the false assumption that going to college or whatever is a sign of education or any kind of intelligence b/c I am confident the number of degrees you hold has little correlation with your real usable "education" or intelligence.

Second, the notion that the statement is true at all. In terms of high school graduation rates, Red as Red Texas is #1, with Alaska, Wyoming, and a ton of red states on the list.

California actually has the worst high school graduation rate in the US. New York is 36.

Blue states fare better on college education, % of those with a bachelors degree, but Cali is #14, which again shows the massive disparity in California economic structure, NOT the gap between it and the rest of the country. They have an elite that goes to college at high rates, and a massive underclass that doesn't get out of high school. Feudalism anyone?

But I'll put my farmer cousin's "education" up against the average college grad from the UC system and he'll kick their butts. maybe not in art history, but in what matters for him to be a success.

But again, it proves the point. These elites measure only by their designated measures, then declare themselves superior. Big surprise how that works out huh?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

This is interesting. Inc. Mag did average IQ by state.

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/w...e-opening.html

Spoiler alert: Kentucky (34) was ahead of California (48). New York was 26, but no bias towards blue at the top, red at the bottom. No surprise of course. MENSA members come from all walks of life. I know Bill thinks they are all in entertainment or politics, but they aren't.

Fab Five

I hereby declare myself superior to anyone in Cali or NYC.
    Real Fan since 1958

Liberals in general think they are smarter than conservatives, that is why they always count Ivy League grads like GWB and Trump as stupid, while touting guys like Obama as a genius. Meanwhile Obama is the guy who was hiding his transcripts and thesis from the public.