Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: Mass shooting in elementary school in Connecticut, 27 dead

My granddaughter goes to elementary school in N KY. Her school has been holding drills to teach the kids what to do in case something like this happens. It just blows my mind that an 8 year old has to learn this may be a reality that she will face. What will it take for the US to reexamine our gun laws. I'm not talking about taking them away but putting some common sense into the laws.

This tragedy is more than a tragedy, whatever that is called. I can't imagine or fathom such a thing. This has shaken me up and breaks my heart. There is nothing more pure than the innocence of a child. May God bless and comfort all those touched by this madness.
    When will it end?

Comeback Cat

Those precious little children are with God and we are left to pick up the pieces. This world seems to be getting more evil by the day and it will come all to a end someday maybe sooner than many think and no I am not talking about the Myan Calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    Those precious little children are with God and we are left to pick up the pieces. This world seems to be getting more evil by the day and it will come all to a end someday maybe sooner than many think and no I am not talking about the Myan Calendar.
    This is one of those times I actually hope there is a hell and a special place for people like this. Some things are beyond reason, they are just unrefined evil.

In the Middle Ages it would have been attributed to possession by a demon, and honestly they may have been right. What human could stand there and do such a thing?

I work in a hospital - in labor and delivery. Every day I worry about this type of thing occuring on my unit. I work with people who are having babies taken away by social services - people who are addicted to drugs, and people who are mentally unstable (both patient and significant other). I have been threatened by a drug dealer who told me and my fellow nurses he wanted to make sure we were all "Taken out of here in body bags". I have been hit, kicked, spit on, and had a FOB (father of the baby) carry a pistol into the room to watch his baby born. He refused to give up the weapon and I had to call security and the police to have him removed from the building. I say all that to say this = I can not imagine EVER sending my little one to school and being informed they were killed. As an adult - I know this is a horrible world. Bad things happen. Not all people are good. Not all people are mentally stable. Yet - when we speak about 5 year olds - we expect everyone will recognize their innocence. May God be with all the families who lost loved ones. I for one will pray harder for all of us.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    A little boy was just interviewed and said he "was happy we are alive"

Darryl
    I may step on some toes but this is a time to leave people like that little boy alone, they don't need to relive the experience. Freedom of press sometimes goes to far, give these kids a break. And America does not have to know and does not need to know what it was like for an 8 year old child.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    It's so horrible I can't even begin to describe my feelings.

I only wish the person who did it had not been killed so that he could have been used by the CIA for exploring new advanced torture techniques. Being killed was to easy for someone like this.

Not me, glad they put an end to that life. No chance to do it again, live 15 to 20 years in prison, millions of dollars spent on process before death chamber. And it could go on and on.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It is so bad on so many levels. I guess I am struck with even more disbelief that the man killed his mother at her home AND then went to the school and killed children and a substitute teacher.

I am asking why in an attempt to better understand madness and cruelty.

That is an impossible thing or at least I really don't want to understand that point of view.

Babies. Just babies.

Hold yours tight. Love those around you. Make the world a better place because of the evil we have just been confronted with facing.

Unforgettable

More guns will not stop evil. But we as a country need to do a better job of identifying mentally ill people who are capable of this type evil. This young man was mentally unstable who stole his moms guns....that we're bought legally....killed the mom and then slaughtered those babies. No gun law would have prevented this.

We continue as a country to adopt more and more liberal anything goes attitude, no right and wrong but just grey areas. We have kicked God not only out of our schools but in every phase of our government even though out founders had a strong belief in Him. We have allowed millions of babies to be killed and call it abortion and women have rights to do what they want with their bodies without regard for the baby

We give more and more money to those who refuse to work and take from those who ar doers.

Our country is changing and IMO. Not for the better and look where we are now.

I was sick whEn I heard the news, I thought about my 2 young grandchildren and how I would feel if this happened to them

This is not the time to be like the liberal politicians who rush to use anY tragedy for thei political views w/o knowing the facts

Instead of worrying about laws we all should have been praying for those babies, their parents and families, and for those that survived. I prayed a long time last night for all of them and then had a long conversation with God asking Him how this could happen. I was not happy with Him but know He understands and like a good Father He listened and now I have to listen to whatever His answer is.

This is evil pure and simple and we all, liberal and conservative alike, need to work together to do what it takes to solve this problem

Just got through putting under dash lights in my grandsons car and talking to him about this.
    Thankful I have all 8 to still call my own.

Lord, I am so thankful, and so sorry for what the parents and grandparents are going through right now.
    Please be with them and comfort them as only You can.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Jazy, i agree with you on the goverment taking God out of everything. One other thing is the games these kids play today on the game systems is nothing but killing.

Fab Five

There are a lot of ills in this society that we are incapable of addressing. Kids are being raised in non traditional family units. Our public schools are completely failing kids. Take away guns if you wish and you'll still have a country of sick people. We need some fundamental societal changes.

I can't help but think this all is the result of a total decrease in respect for life. Kids play video games where they become desensitized to firing away at people. Movies glorify killing. The press immortalizes the killers. Babies can be killed up to the point of birth. Just so sad. Will be interesting to hear the motive. Reports say the police have one.

Mick, I hope you do not mind that I changed this quote a bit to reflect my thoughts.

Kids are being allowed to grow older in non traditional family units
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Ten years ago next month a sixth grade student took another student hostage at our school by gun point. Thankfully one of our teachers and our SRO talked the kid into releasing the hostage. After releasing the hostage he exited the building, still armed. I was on cafeteria duty, with 150+ students. I had them lined up against the walls away from windows and doors. I took a position at the doors to the cafeteria, had them closed, but there was no way to lock them. As the armed student exited the school he walked within feet of me, not knowing I was watching him as he walked by.

Every time an incident like this happens I shudder and think of what might have happpened.

Super Kitten

Yep lets blame the liberals because the know it all my **** doesn't stink conservatives know everything...this type of crap after this type of tragedy just makes me sick. The last few posts in this thread make me seriously reevaluate whether or not I want to spend my time around this board.

I have 5 kids in my nontraditional family because for one his traditional family had a mother so mentality ill she couldn't take care of him and a father who left and wanted nothing to do with him, another one had a traditional family with an alcoholic dad 20 years older than mom, then mom died, and he went to another traditional family where the wife died of cancer and the husband molested his older sister, I have another one who's traditional family got a divorce, dad wants nothing to do with him, mom remarried and her and stepdad blamed every problem they had on the kid and said he was a lying, deceitful, violent child of which in the year I have had him he was been the most gentle most honest child I have, I have another child whose mother was from a traditional family who's father went away for molesting his children, and then the sons followed suit and my child is a product of a most unholy union, my youngest's traditional family had dad beating mom, both to young, both drank to much and they let a 2 year old escape the house in below zero weather to wander the streets until luckly found before any damage was done.

Look I have nothing against traditional families, I am from one, but just pisses me off to see such caring conservatives try to take such a tragic thing and act like a bunch of know it alls, like only they know how to fix things. Well guess what the fix for these tragic shootings is much more complex than getting back to "traditional" family values and to suggest that it is that simple is insulting. Plus to act like only liberals try to take advantage of this type of situation is just as insulting. I have no friggin clue what the answer is but I can guarendamntee you it is not as simple as liberal/conservative bull.

Quote Originally Posted by MTcatfan View Post
    Yep lets blame the liberals because the know it all my **** doesn't stink conservatives know everything...this type of crap after this type of tragedy just makes me sick. The last few posts in this thread make me seriously reevaluate whether or not I want to spend my time around this board.

I have 5 kids in my nontraditional family because for one his traditional family had a mother so mentality ill she couldn't take care of him and a father who left and wanted nothing to do with him, another one had a traditional family with an alcoholic dad 20 years older than mom, then mom died, and he went to another traditional family where the wife died of cancer and the husband molested his older sister, I have another one who's traditional family got a divorce, dad wants nothing to do with him, mom remarried and her and stepdad blamed every problem they had on the kid and said he was a lying, deceitful, violent child of which in the year I have had him he was been the most gentle most honest child I have, I have another child whose mother was from a traditional family who's father went away for molesting his children, and then the sons followed suit and my child is a product of a most unholy union, my youngest's traditional family had dad beating mom, both to young, both drank to much and they let a 2 year old escape the house in below zero weather to wander the streets until luckly found before any damage was done.

Look I have nothing against traditional families, I am from one, but just pisses me off to see such caring conservatives try to take such a tragic thing and act like a bunch of know it alls, like only they know how to fix things. Well guess what the fix for these tragic shootings is much more complex than getting back to "traditional" family values and to suggest that it is that simple is insulting. Plus to act like only liberals try to take advantage of this type of situation is just as insulting. I have no friggin clue what the answer is but I can guarendamntee you it is not as simple as liberal/conservative bull.

Maybe it's bad to compare one tragedy to another, and that's not my intention, but this thing is probably the worst tragedy I have seen in my 55 years on this earth, what with so many pure, innocent lives being lost. What an emotional topic!

Everyone is upset, the entire nation and most of the world.

No one has the complete answer of how to prevent this from happening again. It's going to take many things to fall in line, only one of which is returning to traditional family values, but I'm afraid those days are long gone (for the most part).

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by MTcatfan View Post

Well said and I agree with the first statement very much.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Purely "traditional" values as I think we describe them ended with two bites of fruit.

Adam and Eve had a son who killed his brother.

Evil has been around for a long time. Nothing new is under the sun and our innocense was lost a race with our understanding of being.

This person's sickness is horrific on many levels not the least of which is the cowardice to kill women and children.

I carry the Constitution with me. I am a firm believer in the second amendment. What does this sick bastard do if he doesn't have a gun?

How is he killing the children? How many does he kill?

We got problems in this country. Folks need love. They need a hug. Some need a kick in the ass and others a good shake. All of that with love.

But folks need love before they hurt others. Before they embrace a darkness that overcomes their spirit and leads them off.

For thos of you familiar with the "elf on the shelf" a friend of mine just posted this picture on FB.Attachment 1371

Man, it's going to be a pain in the butt to fix this thread.

OT on the premy board is fine for this topic, focused on our feelings about it and thanking our lucky stars we didn't lose anyone.

The political and religious side of it is why we have the Barber Shop. There you can go and discuss this to your heart's content away from the sports focus that draws us all together.

I'm going to copy this thread there, then delete the Barber Shop area posts from this one.

MTcatfan --- Don't worry. First this stuff is NOT for this board. We come from all walks of life here and those differences are set aside here. We have a place for their discussion and it's not here b/c just like people in general we need to learn to set aside differences when we can.

Second, my life is pretty dang non-traditional in a lot of ways, and all but devoid of religion. I don't accept that such things are the source of this problem just like I don't accept that the weapon he chose to use has anything to do with this problem. This was a mentally ill person who was a threat to others allowed to walk among us. Whether he came from a divorced home or a white picket fence home, whether he used guns or pipe bombs or whatever, none of that matters to the situation and NONE of it is relevant to the discussion of this incident on this board.

Just wanted to say you're not alone on this board. We come from all walks of life, and now it's time to take this discussion away from those who don't want to participate and go to the Barber Shop with it, where it is clear what will be discussed and can be thus avoided or engaged in as one wishes.