Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

For those who believe the Left is too militant...

There is a poll that supports this position. In a horrifying twist of what the college experience should not be, the poll published in the Washington Post indicates that today's college student doesn't want to even hear opposing views.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.0923ac5ad746

Re: For those who believe the Left is too militant...

I hope you have seen or heard about this, where Nancy Pelosi gets shouted down, aka "the Conservative treatment" by liberals/progressives who don't like what she has to say, or in this case because she has the audacity to actually to try to work with the President. Personally I have zero sympathy for her since she has helped to foster this attitude, and I take great joy in seeing her taking the beating and having her speech squelched.

PS: I recommend you listen to the commentary. It is super good and on point.
    Last edited by Doc; 09-19-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

IMO it's completely evident. Extremists on the Left exhibit all of the traits the traditional liberal would normally abhor. They use intimidation, social ostracization and even violence to quiet the opposition, they have no tolerance for any differing views and see those who do disagree as doing so b/c they are somehow evil or morally bankrupt.

Sound a lot like the religious right of the 1980s? or the 1580s? There are groups on the right that exhibit the same behavior, like the KKK, but those groups are infinitesimal in their influence compared to this "alt-left' movement, thus while that's been the case with them for decades they've never posed a risk to the nation. IMO this movement on the Left has vast millions of converts (the KKK itself only counts <10,000 members nationwide), and thus is a whole new animal politically and socially. A severe threat to liberty.

What they are doing is the antithesis of "liberalism", either classical liberalism of the 1700s (to which I adhere) or modern liberalism of the post 1920s era.

These totalitarian liberals now see even speech with which they disagree as being on the level of some kind of violence, and don't even want to hear anything that is outside of their belief system. This is nothing short of Puritanical in the worst sense of the word.

Now that they are classifying disagreeable speech as somehow an act of violence, as the article points out we naturally get more and more people thinking violence is an acceptable response.

Interestingly those numbers show no real difference across the political spectrum. Apparently neither side is doing a good job teaching the next generation the basic principles of free speech and ideas which form the real basis for this country. So far those in this survey on the right don't seem to be active, but maybe it's b/c of their small numbers.

On college campuses it's OK to shut someone up rather than just ignore them or respond with actual thoughts of your own. Now there's a good trend for liberty and freedom.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 09-19-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It would seem the extremes of both parties have things in common that are not good for a healthy democracy.

You have to be open to a person's right to believe what they want even if it is diametrically opposed to what you believe. It is where my rights begin to infringe on the rights of others and vice versa that we need balance.