Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

If you are overweight you can stop dieting and exercising.

Our President has hired a Dr that is a so called "expert" in FAT.

With all the abbreviations after her name, she has to be brilliant , right? Fatima Cody Stanford, MD, MPH, MPA, MBA, FAAP, FACP, FAHA, FAMWA, FTOS- Associate Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Obesity Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Health Policy & Disparities, Business Leader, Health Broadcast and Print Media

You can not help being fat as it is all in your genetics.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: If you are overweight you can stop dieting and exercising.

Well there are genetic predispositions, but that doesn't explain why Americans are getting fatter en masse generation after generation. A lot of it is our diet, which is now chocked full of unpronounceable ingredients, combined with our increasingly sedentary lifestyle.

My metabolism as a young child was very fast, but a series of unneeded surgeries did their bit to change that (long story), but I also know if I eat lots of carbs and sit on the couch I'll be far more overweight than if I don't, even though my metabolism does predispose me to gaining weight.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

After Christmas I decided to try to lose 10-15 lbs. I’ve only lost 4-6 so far (it varies) but it’s a start. The secret? I eat less lol.

Ah, born this way, eh? Only when it suits the anything goes crowd.

If you are overweight you can stop dieting and exercising.

I hate crap like this. Media paints a picture out of context and everyone runs with it.

She actually said that obesity is a multifactorial disorder with genetics, environment, development and behavior all playing a role.

She's very well studied in the area of obesity, and she's not wrong.

I teach a section of my business law class on the McDonald's coffee cup case. Almost nobody who thinks that's a bad decision understands the facts involved in the case because the media loves sensationalism over completeness and accuracy.

No doubt genetics has a role, as do other metabolic factors. I have researched a few things done to me as a child all of which alter metabolism. Prior to those I was so thin they took me to doctors b/c I wasn't putting on enough weight. After those I ballooned up and have had it ever since. At the age of 6, not from puberty etc.

I will say a number of studies are showing that our environmental changes esp. in processed food is a big part of the problem. Not a lot of talk about some of those, and how a lot of lobbying decades ago got a lot of very bad science and advice ingrained in how we eat in this country.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, and never trust the media, in anything.

I agree, born for bourbon and it seems to make me hungry.
    Go Cats!

Rupp's Runt

This means I can go to Freddy's today for lunch.