Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

This is really cool...special ed kid gets national championship (high school) ring

Chandler.JPG

Local high school here went undefeated last year in soccer, and won the mythical national championship, awarded by USA Today, national high school coaches, and a couple of other polls. The team was awarded national championship rings (I saw them last night--very impressive, looked like college ones--big, heavy).

Chandler is a kid who was devoted to the soccer team. "Helped" the coaches, traveled to every away game, was on the bench, and as much a part of the team as anyone. Yesterday they surprised him by awarding him his own ring.

My favorite part of the day.

https://twitter.com/Jaxson_Ellis/sta...250304/video/1
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-13-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Re: This is really cool...special ed kid gets national championship (high school) rin

No big deal. UNC-CH has been giving national championship rings to special ed kids for 20 years. They just call them "basketball players"
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Re: This is really cool...special ed kid gets national championship (high school) rin

Very nice gesture by the team, coaches, and the school.
    MOLON LABE!

I thought so, too, suncat. My daughter knows the kid, and says he is really good-natured and fun to be around. One of the joys of her life has been working with PALS at the school (Peer Assisted something-something). They give up their lunchtime (my daughter eats horribly anyway) to interact with the PALS students, to play games, P.E., and just visit. She has gained so much more than she has given. This kid is one of them, and I couldn't be happier for him. You know he will cherish that ring for the rest of his life.