Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bombino

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 - $33

GearBest has the Xiaomi MiBand 2 on sale for $33. This is the new version with the OLED screen and heart rate monitoring.

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watche...lsLmNvbXw3Nzk3

This is a great price on a great fitness watch. More importantly, you can find a variety of cases that allow it to be worn as a clip, pendant, etc. It is IP67 water resistant (1meter, 30 min) so you can wear it when swimming if you desire. Overall good reviews and you won't find anything close to this value with these features.

Re: Xiaomi Mi Band 2 - $33

Very cool looking, too (at least, I think so).

I'm anti-wearing anything on my wrists--I tolerate my watch, and I just bought another Xiaomi Mi band to use mainly as a heart monitor when exercising and when I can tolerate it as a silent alarm, etc.--but I would surely consider getting this baby otherwise. Looks terrific to me.

Love the idea you can just touch the screen and get heart rate, steps, etc.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Very cool looking, too (at least, I think so).

I'm anti-wearing anything on my wrists--I tolerate my watch, and I just bought another Xiaomi Mi band to use mainly as a heart monitor when exercising and when I can tolerate it as a silent alarm, etc.--but I would surely consider getting this baby otherwise. Looks terrific to me.

Love the idea you can just touch the screen and get heart rate, steps, etc.
    I hate watches myself but this hit the right price point for me. I decided to order one to keep an eye on my heart rate more than anything. I am curious it will be interesting to watch it over time as I run more and more. See if my cardio health is actually getting better. All of the other features are just icing on the cake. We will see if I decide to get a different band for it or not.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit around the $20 mark around christmas time.

Bombino

http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xia...p-1057324.html

BangGood now has it for $30 shipped with the coupon code Chollazos.

It really looks cool, Pedro. I know it will take some time to come in, but when you get it and try it out, be sure and let us know how you like it.

Bombino

Sure will, I expect ot have it next month (I chose free shipping from china which usually takes around 3-4 weeks)

My replacement for my (temporarily misplaced) original Xiaomi Mi Band (well, the 1S "upgrade" version) was shipped 7/28, via "Netherlands Post surface mail." Shipping estimate was "10 to 25 days."

I internally allotted a month.

Flash sale for $31.99 at Gearbest now.

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watche...yads&vip=79076

Now $30.59 + Free Shipping w/ coupon code GBxiaomigb at Gearbest. (Coupon code reduces the $31.99 to $30.59).

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watche...ign=shareasale

Bombino
    Surprisingly enough it was delivered while I was on my trip. Overall initial impressions are very positive. Touch button is VERY responsive, cycling through the menus basically instantly. It fits reasonably comfortably for someone who HATES watches. The display is very much white, not the green-blue color shown in a lot of images. The vibrate function is strong enough. You can use the MiBand app to customize the items in the menu (add distance and battery life percentage in particular). Overall very nice,i haven't tried any aftermarket apps to see what they add additionally.

EDIT: Charged to 100% today, we will see how many days it lasts on a single charge. Also confirmed the waterproofing by wearing it in the shower this morning.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-29-2016 at 12:48 PM.

FWIW, I received my 1S on 8/19. Day 10/11 and I'm at 63% battery remaining, if the meter on MI fit is accurate. I'm a heavy user of the vibrating features. I keep my phone on silent, and have it set to vibrate every phone call, text message, and notification I receive. I get "shocked" many times a day lol.

Also I check my pulse multiple times a day. That's the reason I got this instead of the 1.

I have two additional apps - one unnecessary and I wasted 99˘ on it, but the other is a really good notification type app. Also set alarms and reminders more than once a day.

I love the screen look on the MI Band 2. Your comments just make me think it is even better in person.

Bombino

Honestly, the display looks great. A very nice white that isn't too bright. Bright enough to see, even in the sun, but not so bright that it wastes battery. It appears they are actively updating the MiFit app to make it more usable as well. Most of the updates are targeted at the MiBand 2 due to the increased options the display adds. For example, they just added an option to add date to the time display. They also changed the way certain things in DoNoDisturb behave to make them more customizable including adding the option for DoNotDisturb to auto-turn-on when it detects you are sleeping.

I have two additional apps - one unnecessary and I wasted 99˘ on it, but the other is a really good notification type app. Also set alarms and reminders more than once a day.
    Which apps did you get, also I think you can have it send you notifications from the Clock app.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-30-2016 at 06:37 PM.

I have the stock Mi Fit app, the Mi Heart Rate (Pro version) app (which is useless), and my favorite, the Notify and Fitness for Mi Band apps.

Starting day 19. Battery is at 32% with extremely heavy notification usage and ton of vibration used, and many times checking my pulse rate per day. I may not run it completely to zero, but it looks like it's going to go right at a month, which is tremendous for a promise of only 10 days.

Bombino

Starting day 19. Battery is at 32% with extremely heavy notification usage and ton of vibration used, and many times checking my pulse rate per day. I may not run it completely to zero, but it looks like it's going to go right at a month, which is tremendous for a promise of only 10 days.
    Eight days in and I am at 77%. I think I will meet the quoted 20days. Moderate notification amounts and sleep monitoring are turned on. I haven't done any running yet which will likely drain the battery some. I will turn on HR run monitoring today when I go for my first run in three weeks to see how my heat rate varies across my run. This mode turns the HR mode on more or less continuously from what I understand monitoring the HR at very frequent intervals.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 09-06-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 - $33

Wow, I only get about three or four days with my FitBit Charge HR. Not that it's a big deal because I've got in the habit of plugging it in everyday when I hit the shower....

Wouldn't work for any of you monthly shower guys😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Xiaomi Mi Band 2 now $29.99 if you're interested.....

http://slickdeals.net/f/9082379-xiao...si_v2_19214123

I'm sorta getting used to wearing this. I wanted to chart my sleep in advance of going to the doctor, so I'm always wearing it. I don't take it off in the shower, either.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Wow, I only get about three or four days with my FitBit Charge HR. Not that it's a big deal because I've got in the habit of plugging it in everyday when I hit the shower....

Wouldn't work for any of you monthly shower guys��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombino

Just a heads up, I just finally reached 50% battery life and that is 17days after a full charge. For sure, this will blow the 20day rating out of the water.

Pedro, I saw a deal on it yesterday for $26 with a $5 code, but the reviews on the site were kind of sketchy so I didn't post it.

I gave up and charged my 1S. My main issue is that I have it set to vibrate for phone calls, messages, and some email. My phone is kept on silent, so I don't disturb the classes I teach or clients with whom I am meeting.

Slight quirk if I miss a call, it vibrates for a good 90 seconds after the call ceases. That may be a setting, or it may be a glitch in the software I use, but it's unnecessary. I get that I missed a call. Really don't need it to vibrate after the call ends at all.

Bombino

Pedro, I saw a deal on it yesterday for $26 with a $5 code, but the reviews on the site were kind of sketchy so I didn't post it.
    EDIT: Nevermind found the site. I have no experience with that site but it seems like slow shipping is the cause for most of the negative reviews.

I gave up and charged my 1S. My main issue is that I have it set to vibrate for phone calls, messages, and some email. My phone is kept on silent, so I don't disturb the classes I teach or clients with whom I am meeting.

Slight quirk if I miss a call, it vibrates for a good 90 seconds after the call ceases. That may be a setting, or it may be a glitch in the software I use, but it's unnecessary. I get that I missed a call. Really don't need it to vibrate after the call ends at all.
    I do not have that issue. I have mine set to vibrate for most things as well, as it works much better than my phone vibrating while it is sitting on a table. So far I am quite happy with the battery life, it seems top notch.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 09-15-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Well, I'm not exactly unhappy with the 29 days I actually used it before giving up and recharging at 6%. Considering my device was rated at 10 days, cost $12 (maybe $13?), and I get "shocked" ten gazillion times a day, that company does pretty darn good work lol.

Found my first one (the original 1). I had misplaced it (I'm still struggling with wearing on my wrist, just not a fan).

Anyway, now have my backup one.

Bombino

So it lasted exactly one month to the day before I had to recharge it! 31 days is pretty damn good for a watch with a display. Even better for a watch with heart rate monitoring and quoted at 20days battery life.

Wow-- $19.99, free shipping, and it includes a free extra wrist strap (dark green color only--if you want another color, you have to pay $2.99).

I have no need for this, and already have a 1 and a 1S, but for this price?? Wow.

https://www.giztop.com/xiaomi-mi-band-2.html

Could not resist.

Bombino

Wow-- $19.99, free shipping, and it includes a free extra wrist strap (dark green color only--if you want another color, you have to pay $2.99).

I have no need for this, and already have a 1 and a 1S, but for this price?? Wow.

https://www.giztop.com/xiaomi-mi-band-2.html
    Looks like the free wrist-strap option is dead. All are $2.99. That being said, that is a KILLER price, though I don't know this shop at all.

I think you will like this device, they have slowly been adding features to it as time goes on. They recently added CallerID for phone calls and sms messages on the band. Other updates have been in the phone software itself.

I wasn't going to get it, but I could not resist that price. Heck, just adding the watch was worth it over the 1S.

I am interested to see how the caller ID and sms messaging works. I keep my phone out of sight most of the time, and the ringer/volume off 99% of the time. I am not expecting to get the battery life you've received, but that's ok. Heck, I'm wearing a watch today that is a self-winding watch. It ran down Jan. 6. So if I have to wind that because I don't wear it occasionally (pretty much every week), so what if I have to charge up the band every couple of weeks? Still ahead of the game with that kind of battery power. Now, I don't like the ones you have to charge every couple-three days, but a couple of weeks? No problem. Longer than that, and it's a bonus.

Hope the site isn't a scam, but for a $20 PayPal payment, it was worth the risk.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-09-2017 at 04:04 PM.