Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Is Trump smarter than all of us?

Is Trump smarter than all of us?

Didn't watch it, did see a summary of his interview with Megan Kelly. You know, the lady he's been in a war of words with for months.

he says he had to act more direct, less "Presidential" or he wouldn't have won. I have to wonder if that may be the case, that he wouldn't have reached what I agree with him is a segment of voters who feel disinfranchised on the right and center. Just as Sanders has done the same with that same group on the Left.

Now will he pivot and focus more on policy and such, tone things down and be more PResidential to a degree? Not altogether, that's not his style and he can't look like he sold out, but moreso than he was.

It's only May, it's a LONG time till the election, and most voters who are yet to make up their minds won't remember a thing about the primaries, they never do in any race which is why both party's candidates can go left and right of center then come back. He may be doing the same with his Populist views and his hubris.

Will be interesting to see if he's just a bombastic New Yorker or if he's playing the long game of chess.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Is Trump smarter than all of us?

No, he isn't smarter than most of us. He is what he is. He will tone it down so he can win.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Don't overthink it.

No.

lol, kind of expected that to be the general view.

We'll see. I doubt it as well, but then again I'm not a billionaire either.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    lol, kind of expected that to be the general view.

We'll see. I doubt it as well, but then again I'm not a billionaire either.

But I doubt you started with $1,000,000 from daddy either. Plus have you ever find bankrupt?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Well, given the only other current alternative, what other choice do we really have aside from just not voting? And that would be flat out dumb. Dumber than dumb.
    I am still not fully & 100% convinced that Trump is the right answer. However, I am also watching all of these career R and D politicians wringing their hands in more trepidation than I can ever recall seeing from those bozos, and I have to laugh because they truly seem to be frightened witless at the prospect of possibly having to work with the guy. Which may not be a bad thing at all.
    Myself, I think we need to start culling the herd. A lot. As in ALL OF THEM! I am sick of all of the lies and obfuscations. I understand that flapping their beaks is all part of it, that is why they're politicians, they like to lie and deceive. But they do not need to be in either branch of Congress for a lifetime.
    Very tough term limit rules would stop this "feeding at the political trough" nonsense. That, or public hangings of ne'er do well politicians from time to time would keep them much straighter and more honest than anything else.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But I doubt you started with $1,000,000 from daddy either. Plus have you ever find bankrupt?
    Yeah, but taking what he had and getting where he's gotten is still a hell of an accomplishment.

As for going bankrupt, no fortunately I haven't done that, but a whole lot of developers have in one form or another at times. A lot of the big developers who swing for the fences like Trump have gone through at least one.

Trump has a lot of issues, but most of them are his lack of civility and such IMO. His business acumen and ability to make things happen has been a positive for me with him long before he ran for President. He isn't exactly my style, even business wise, but I wont' argue with his success, and in his business his style is actually more favored than mine.