As if any of you need more evidence to support my thread title.....I submit the following; At the beginning of September I resigned from my GS-11 job and 31 years with the government (27 Active, 4 civilian).

The first of December I went into my TSP account, which is the government employee equivalent of a 401K. I wanted to transfer my money to a better performing program. However, my links to do so were grayed out and inaccessible. Phone call to TSP ensured over the next 60-90 minutes, with 75 minutes of that on hold. Speaking with the young lady who was gracious and acted as though she was truly trying, she asked me again when I stopped working, and I provided the date. Imagine my surprise when TSP has me listed as still an active civil servant in DECEMBER, a full 4 months after signing my papers and clearing my desk!!

The civilian component of the CG had done NO paperwork on me. NOTHING! So my TSP monies while still accessible to move around within TSP, I was unable to do anything I really wanted to do until the civilian agency had provided TSP with my Separation code!

4 phone messages to the civilian offices, 2 locally in Oakland and 2 to D.C. with no return phone calls or emails, led me to email the base XO and follow up phone call. He tells me a week later, "Hey, uhhhh, lots going on, your separation code will be processed to TSP this pay period. Happy Holidays!"

F*#_&! POS!!