Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

David Sanborn RIP

The Jazz saxophonist died from complications of prostate cancer. He was 78. He played alongside David Bowie, Billy Joel and Stevie Wonder in addition to his own solo albums. He was a regular for years on Saturday Night Live. His sound was prominant in the opening and closing music.

I had the distinct pleasure to meet him at the Blue Note in Manhattan. He dropped by the intimate club unannounced right after he played on SNL about. 2 in the morning and proceeded to play with the house band. They went until 4. He greeted everyone in the club. Very memorable.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 05-13-2024 at 08:45 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

David Sanborn RIP

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    The Jazz saxophonist 78 died from complications of prostate cancer. He was 78. He played alongside David Bowie, Billy Joel and Stevie Wonder in addition to his own solo albums. He was a regular for years on Saturday Night Live. His sound was prominant in the opening and closing music.

I had the distinct pleasure to meet him at the Blue Note in Manhattan. He dropped by the intimate club unannounced right after he played on SNL about. 2 in the morning and proceeded to play with the house band. They went until 4. He greeted everyone in the club. Very memorable.
    Great story, Mick.

We are losing far too many of our musicians that we grew up listening to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: David Sanborn RIP

Music is personal and it is great to have a personal connection. Sorry you lost this one.

Fab Five

Re: David Sanborn RIP

Sanborn suffered from polio as a child. It affected the way he played the sax. He had diminished left lung capacity and polio affected the way he held the instrument. If you noticed he played the sax out of the right corner of his mouth.
    Real Fan since 1958