Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

Re: Wendell Ford has passed

Dr.Capilouto paid a nice tribute to Wendell today. It was one of the best. Wendell did so much for our University. We can't replace all that he did.

My cousin married a girl from O'boro. Her dad was a businessman who was a long time friend of the Governor. When their engagement was announced Wendell and Jean hosted an engagement party at the Mansion. I thought what a nice perquisite for the governor. No, it wasn't. Wendell paid for it all himself. He was a very principled individual. What I wouldn't give to see one Democrat today who was as ethical and principled as Ford. Alas, it was another day and time.

Like me, he was a Lambda Chi Alpha at UK. Attended a few years before me though (didn't graduate iirc).
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Dr.Capilouto paid a nice tribute to Wendell today. It was one of the best. Wendell did so much for our University. We can't replace all that he did.

My cousin married a girl from O'boro. Her dad was a businessman who was a long time friend of the Governor. When their engagement was announced Wendell and Jean hosted an engagement party at the Mansion. I thought what a nice perquisite for the governor. No, it wasn't. Wendell paid for it all himself. He was a very principled individual. What I wouldn't give to see one Democrat today who was as ethical and principled as Ford. Alas, it was another day and time.
    Mick, I am afraid the days of ethical and principled politicians who are also statesmen have passed us by.

Fiddlin' Five

I have known Wendell since I was a child as he was my passed mother's were school mates. I have known his family for years as well as his brother. I've been in his office at his home and heard the stories on Cuba and so forth. Wendell was a party man, plan and simple, he would call my mother when she was alive and she would vote no matter who was on the ticket. I did not agree with his party line but one of the nicest persons you ever wanted to meet. I haven't been by to see him in years, but I do see his brother at times on the golf course, both class people doing what they thought was right. He will be missed.