Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

War Between the States

As a Kentuckian I absolutely hate this: A feud with the good people of Alabama. Would someone tell Stumbo and Beshear to STFU??

Kentucky could do well to follow in the steps of Alabama as it relates to economic development. Alabama has had tremendous economic growth in the last 20 years, most of it under Republican leadership.

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...m=Read+more___

Re: War Between the States

I can understand your feelings, and at the same time applaud the statements by Speaker Hubbard. He slapped Stumbo right in the face and did it in a civil manner. Kudos to him and the State of Alabama
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

As Homer Simpson would say............Doooh!
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable

Sounds like a good ole Democrat to me, which is what has been wrong fro Miss for years, their leadership. When we moved here in 1979 there was no mandatory education for any age for any length of time, not even one day. Finally around 1984 they put it in.

And just today in a discussion about common core with a teach, a true democrat for sure, she tried to explain to me that math in common core teaches like a corporate board team...which I really wanted to tell her she would never be a part of...and that is each must recognize the other persons point of view on how to solve the problem. I explained not in math when doing simple subtraction and addition, there is not other point of view. And if they have to use slashes to add 2 plus 2 to get to 4 that is reserved for someone who would would never be on a corporate team building and that philosophy is reserved for those who can't add or subtract in their heads.

More later on common core and math problems

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    As a Kentuckian I absolutely hate this: A feud with the good people of Alabama. Would someone tell Stumbo and Beshear to STFU??
    No way, I want them putting their foot in their mouths like this every chance they get.

Stumbo. Guy has been in there (with a brief absence) since before I was in high school, and democrats have run this state pretty much that whole time, and he has the gall to talk about us going backward relative to other states?

hey Greg, to go backward of someone you have to start out in FRONT of them. After 30 years of your leadership we have the same view of this country as the last dog on a bobsled team.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Recruit

It sounds like Greg is just playing partisan politics. I doubt that it really had anything to do with Alabama or Mississippi per se but just a chance to knock the Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by UKStucat View Post
    It sounds like Greg is just playing partisan politics. I doubt that it really had anything to do with Alabama or Mississippi per se but just a chance to knock the Republican party.
    And this should shock nobody. While the GOP does the same and is portrayed as the party of no, they democrats under Obama have taken partisanship to a new level and done so intentionally in my opinion. This is just following the example laid down at the nation level.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

I noticed an article in today's Washington Post. The people who are happiest in their lives live in cities located in Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Colorado, and Minnesota. People on The east coast, Detroit, anywhere in Ohio, Indiana, or Illinois were the unhappiest with their lives. Louisville, Lexington, NKy and Owensboro were unhappy places. Evansville and Henderson ranked as one of the top 10 unhappiest places in the country.

It appears Stumbo has been doing an excellent job during his tenure in office of making people all across the Commonwealth unhappy.