Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    14k today. Just walked, but did 4+ miles in 80 minutes at 3pm. Have been rehydrating for hours, except for the one margarita at dinner tonight (my guilty pleasure).

Re: Exercise/Walking/Steps Thread - Peer Pressure Posting

Went out for an hour walk yesterday and did 3.87 miles.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable

Couldn't walk tonight, got really hot at golf today...96....and was drained when I got home. Ate a light dinner, chopped salad...and just rehydrated tonight. But got a lot of steps in today as I walked a bunch between shots, I wasn't driving. 11,258
    I have increased my walking distance to 1.7 miles with 2 big hills now.
    I have a big incentive, we are going to Disney first of Oct with daughter and her family which includes a 4 and 6 yr old. Gotta get the legs in shape and lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    I have a big incentive, we are going to Disney first of Oct with daughter and her family which includes a 4 and 6 yr old. Gotta get the legs in shape and lose weight.
    That is both a carrot and a stick. Keep up the good work.
    About 7400 today, but will go walking around the block in a few. Even the "short" block is over a mile, so I will get 10k in today.

11k steps in, and earned my lifetime 250 mile badge from Fitbit. That's in six weeks, so not too bad.

Kinda cool to get notifications to my phone from Fitbit as you get close to your daily goal, or this kinda thing.

Good work, Darrell!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable

Got up to 1.9 tonight, felt good. Low humidity, slight breeze, ate lite dinner.. No bread, butter or potatoes., steps were 11254

14840, 7.49 miles. 4 miles of slow jog 330 yards, walk 110 for about 48 minutes while son was at soccer practice.

Last night I walked 2.1 miles in 32:30.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Last night I walked 2.1 miles in 32:30.
    That's a great pace.

16,300 today. "Ran" 6.5 miles during soccer practice. So slow I had to get out of the way of a speeding turtle, but I like it.

Unforgettable

Today lots of movement at the store as I was on my feet a lot. Walked 2.0 tonight....weather is perfect....and got up to 12,299today

I'm well under 10k today. Should've gone for a walk an hour ago, but just beat.

6072. The good news is, I did absolutely nothing yesterday as far as a walk or exercise is concerned. I am normally less than half that on a sedentary day.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 07-31-2014 at 07:32 AM.

DW and I thought we'd try to go out fast last night. We did 2.98 miles in 40:45.

Unforgettable

13149 today, walked 2.2 miles.

16041. Had a conference call that lasted 2 hours, and figured out I could put in earphones, and walk outside during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    16041. Had a conference call that lasted 2 hours, and figured out I could put in earphones, and walk outside during it.
    That's a great idea--good job.

5639. Had 2k at 11pm, and checked it and didn't realize it was that bad, so a near midnight walk moved it up some.

Did a personal best Saturday--4.1 miles in 1 hour 8 seconds.

Did a personal best Saturday--4.1 miles in 1 hour 8 seconds.
    Good stuff, BEvans.

I have had two days in a row of very poor work, but I have an excuse. My son has two sprained calf muscles (I didn't even know there was such a thing). I have used my exercise time to take him to the gym, where we've worked on upper body strengthening--which he--and I--need desperately. Unfortunately, while I make sure that my 13-year old understands fully and completely how to use the weight machines very safely (extremely light weights and multiple repetitions, proper form, etc.), I have not been able to use the machines much myself.

I need some walking plus weight training mixed in myself. So I'm laying the groundwork for it.

Excuses over. Will get my steps in today, and/or go to the gym and get some weight training in, too.

That's the way to look at it Darrell. We all hit days, even weeks, where we plan to get our exercise in and for whatever reason it doesn't happen . The important think is not to get discouraged and give up, just get "back on the horse" and get going again. I didn't do as well last month as I'd hoped to but then again I had a really great June so not much chance I was going to repeat it in July. Hope to bump back up to near June numbers this month but that's going to be tough to do with things I have going on this month. Main think is not to let ourselves get discouraged and keep coming here for encouragement!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Darrell, a question for you as I am going to adopt you as my personal trainer. How can I figure my "steps" with this regimen:

1. 5 days a week I ride my bike 6 miles + walk/run 2 miles, then at night I walk the dogs 1 mile

2. 3 days a week I work out with weights for nearly 1 hour at the YMCA

3. At night, I get up to use the bathroom 3-4 times, lol

Thanks, Darryl

Tonight I got in 2.36 miles in 35:15.

I'm getting a sore foot and thinking my shoes are shot--in fact, I know my shoes are shot. They're 2 years old. Time for some new shoes. You old guys like me, make sure and keep your feet healthy, too.

Tonight I got in 2.36 miles in 35:15.

I'm getting a sore foot and thinking my shoes are shot--in fact, I know my shoes are shot. They're 2 years old. Time for some new shoes. You old guys like me, make sure and keep your feet healthy, too.
    Good point.

Fab Five

Hurt my knee a couple of months ago and have been riding bicycle more than running even though my balance is not too good.i reached a goal yesterday that I have had for two years. i bicycled from Anniston to Piedmont Alabama, and back. It was a shade over 30 miles on one of the best bike trails ever, the Chief Lidiga.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Good point.
    I ended up with just tendonitis, which resolved with some rest and new shoes. Thursday I walked 2.4 miles in 36 minutes, and Saturday the Mrs. and I walked 3 miles in 45 minutes.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 08-18-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Walked 2.5 miles in 38:30 last night.

Unforgettable

Been walking 3 miles 6 nights a week, lost 11 pounds so far. My pedometer broke but I know I am well over 10,000 a day. Really muggy at nite and thank goodness for I Heart radio

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Been walking 3 miles 6 nights a week, lost 11 pounds so far. My pedometer broke but I know I am well over 10,000 a day. Really muggy at nite and thank goodness for I Heart radio
    Great!

I have been quiet, and when that happens, it usually isn't good. And it isn't. Time to get better.

That's awesome Jayzd and that's a pretty nice pace KSRBEvans, keep it up guys! I've been pretty steady throughout the month, up about 1,000/day over last month. I'm averaging 16,500/day so far this month. Have lost a couple of pounds, teetering on the 190 mark right now. Two weeks before daughters wedding. Still hoping to drop a couple more by then and be under 190 on wedding day.