Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

The Olympics coming up in Russia

just looks like a disaster waiting to happen to me. A real volatile mix of elements. TPTB never miss an opportunity. Just thinking out loud.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: The Olympics coming up in Russia

I love the Olympics and hate when "politics" becomes involved. It does offer terrorists a prime target
    “You show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser.” - Jim Otto

The fact that they're having the winter olympics in Florida and hhave had to store 16 million tons of snow along with 100s of snow making machines and literally digging trenches to gather what snow may hit the mountains is not a good start IMO. Add in the terrorism and it ought to be very interesting.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Not sure what Florida has to do with it, but a few of the events like water cannon vs tear gas throwing and protesters running vs being squashed by tanks should be worth watching.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Not sure what Florida has to do with it, but a few of the events like water cannon vs tear gas throwing and protesters running vs being squashed by tanks should be worth watching.
    That area is referred to by some as "the Florida of Russia". It's a sub-tropical vacation spot, not a winter wonderland.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I need to get out more
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I need to get out more
    Should go to Florida.

Sent using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Should go to Florida.

Sent using Forum Runner
    Bring your own snow. Putin does.

The city is a summer resort town for Muscovites, and is really a conquered city captured when the Russians fought the Caucisan war. It's poor, Soviet era, on the cusp of an increasingly dangerous region. Here's a pretty good article onthe place:
    http://www.theatlanticcities.com/nei...-cheaper/7789/

The place has freaking palm trees. Putin has basically built a new city there just next to Sochi I doubt anyone including US vierws see the real area. We'll see.

Rupp's Runt

They couldn't hold the WINTER OLYMPICS someplace where, oh, I don't know, where there would be lots of snow, cold, and ice, like maybe SIBERIA? I'm just sayin'..............
    MOLON LABE!