Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What flashlight do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post

You can check online before going. It's usually reasonably accurate.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    It said limited quantities, but was limited to none .

via mobile app

Re: What flashlight do you have?

I went by mine and they were all out of the sale models as well. It's OK, the non-sale ones were still cheap and have enough power for my needs, I had to go there and get some other stuff anyway.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Well, I went to three different ones in my area, with no results. I happen to be in the area of two others due to other plans, so wasn't a big deal, but was hoping to land something for my trouble. Two more here, but no plans to be anywhere close to either of them.

via mobile app

Have to share this. It is unlikely that you know what a Badar filter of Badar foil is so it is a filter used when viewing the sun thru a telescope or camera lens. Hold either one up to your eyes and look at a light source in your home or office and you see nothing, but look at the sun and the image is readily visible. My SOL is now into photographing the sun and built a custom Badar foil filter to fit over the end of a big honking telephoto lens. He showed the custom filter to me Sunday afternoon and asked me to look thru it. We were in the house and it was cloudy outside so I could see nothing even with it right up against a 100 watt light bulb. I had given him one of the Defiant lights for Christmas and he got it, turned it on and pointed it thru the filter and aimed it at me. The end of the flashlight and the light were plain as day. Did I ever mention that the Defiant light is bright?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

lol--good story and great testimonial, Dan.

Btw, if your local store has it in stock, the price is now $2 for that flashlight.

via mobile app

The 1000 lumen is on sale for $2.00 as well.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

They have several outstanding closeouts. Interestingly, in reading about the Defiant lights, it almost looks like they have two "levels" of lights, with very, very high praise for the ones we've discussed here--but very low marks for the lowest end of what they sell.

You start with a $20-30 flashlight--a great price for flashlights of this genre anyway--and those are getting rave reviews. I am enjoying my 650 lumens one, although I don't use it that often, maybe once a week. (Surprisingly, my wife also got me the 200 lumens headlamp, and I use it several times a week. Before I replaced my car tire, I would go out at night, pump the tire up from the few pounds it lost--headlamp. When we had snow/icy conditions, go out to car or take out trash at night--headlamp. Wife went to grocery at night, need to carry groceries in--headlamp. Didn't realize how nice that would be to have a hands-free light.) Only problem with it is....if I need to get under the kitchen sink to work on something, it's just too dang bright. I have a couple of Harbor Freight headlamps that work great for that, though.

Defiant has some cheaper headlamps, a cheap penlight, and a cheap tactical flashlight I looked at for their closeouts, and the main issue people have is those on/off switches appear to be very poorly made or designed, or both. I wouldn't touch one of those.

Could not be happier with the 3 different types of Defiant lights I have--the big 3D cell, the headlamp, and my introduction to them, the small, palm of your hand, 200 lumens handheld that I bought 2 for $9. I have one of those on my nightstand, and use that often as well.

I've got 4 of those 2 for $10 ones, they're fine. I just needed some little flashlights, they do the job. I saw one at HD that was a single LED type thing that was way more lumens, but it was $30-40 iirc, I just don't need it for the basic stuff I do.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain