Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Fab Five

Re: How active or sedentary are you?

I am encouraged with what I have done! My daily average for the last week has been 9,047 steps. That means I walked 28.8 miles in the week. That is up over 10 miles a week from where I started 2 weeks ago. I still want to get the daily average to 10,000. That is going to be tough for me. Still, I've only lost a lb. or two, but jeans are definitely getting baggy.

Last night just about killed me. The air was as humid as I can ever remember. The CC course that I use, was flooded the day before. The air was humid the ground was soaked from about 3 to 4 inches of rain the previous day. In the late afternoon sun the moisture was coming out of the ground all around me. It completely sapped my energy. I only did about 80% of the work I wanted to accomplish. There were very few runners out and I now know why. Just awful.

Unforgettable

Like you I am trying to average over 10,000 per day. I got it in my last 24 hours but didnt walk last night, just worn out. Will go tonight for sure

My new evening desert at night after my walk, a fruit popcicle. 10 calories, no fat, no sugar, no sodium. Gosh it tastes so good. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I am encouraged with what I have done! My daily average for the last week has been 9,047 steps. That means I walked 28.8 miles in the week. That is up over 10 miles a week from where I started 2 weeks ago. I still want to get the daily average to 10,000. That is going to be tough for me. Still, I've only lost a lb. or two, but jeans are definitely getting baggy.

Last night just about killed me. The air was as humid as I can ever remember. The CC course that I use, was flooded the day before. The air was humid the ground was soaked from about 3 to 4 inches of rain the previous day. In the late afternoon sun the moisture was coming out of the ground all around me. It completely sapped my energy. I only did about 80% of the work I wanted to accomplish. There were very few runners out and I now know why. Just awful.

Over 10,000 yesterday, a good ending to a mediocre week. Today may not be great as I'm doing some volunteer work, but it is just staffing an office, not unlike what I do all week, but I will be out of here in the early afternoon and if the weather holds up will have the time to do some walking. Tomorrow is another potentially good day too, as long as I take advantage of the opportunity I have.

Only one meeting scheduled for next week, but Friday Saturday & Sunday I will be doing a lot of walking as a museum where I volunteer will be holding our biggest annual event so I will be like a chicken with its head cut off most of that time, especially Saturday & Sunday. It will be interesting to see the numbers I get each of those days.

Hard to get my steps in from treatment rooms, but will get a walk in tonight after a 6pm soccer match and late dinner.

Sent using Forum Runner

A 45 minute walk this evening pushes me over 9,000 for today, another satisfactory day.

Now 3 straight days over 10,000, so that is good and I think next week should be better than this one.

Actually over 13,200 today, the highest since I started keeping track again

Fab Five

Two days in a row over 10,000. I'm getting up an hour early tomorrow to see if I can keep the streak going.

Unforgettable

[great job Flounder

was at 9137 for sat and 11,345 today. No walking tonigh, golf wears me out

QUOTE=UKFlounder;103042]Actually over 13,200 today, the highest since I started keeping track again[/QUOTE]

Unforgettable

13,234 today. Walked 1.3 miles tonight, an increase of .3 miles over last week. Not a huge increase but it was my best in a long time.

14202 Monday. "Ran" 5.1 miles while son had soccer practice. I do old man, out of shape "running" where I jog the flat spots, walk all hills, inclines, loose gravel, and areas where the terrain is unlevel.

Not a great area, practices at Engel Field by Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church, but the route I take gives me 0.75 miles per "lap" and takes me to the parking lot. Every two laps I open my car, get a drink of water, and douse head and neck with cold "frog tog," the greatest invention ever.

They only practice twice a week now, and soon I will have to miss one of them to teach. I will miss it. Two weeks ago they had team camp, and practiced 5 nights. I managed to make 4 of them, and had a good week. I will have to find time to do it regularly when soccer schedule does not cooperate.

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

Ok what is a frog tog

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Ok what is a frog tog
    Take a look at the thread on neat things to buy. I posted about it this morning about the same time I posted here. It is basically a chilling pad. Lightweight absorbent yet wicking material you keep in chilled water, then use it generally on your head and neck to cool the body temperature down.

Sent using Forum Runner

Another 10,512 steps yesterday, so I'm happy with that.

A slow start today, but the weather is good and should allow me my walk home this afternoon after work, so that will be about 4500 steps from that.

I still have hope to make the 10K mark again today.

Fab Five

11,574 steps. For this week (4 days) I am averaging almost 10,500 steps per day or almost 4.75 miles per day. I have had only one day under 10,000. That's not bad for all of the rain we have been experiencing. If I can stay at this level for a while, I will be well satisfied. Of course, if I could do more running I would get about 3/4 mile more for the same time invested. Maybe I can work on that. I sure would like to do one more 5k race.

Great work, Mick.

I have been sedentary Thursday, Friday and today. Went to my office, to another guy's office, and home. Loaded up a bunch of files I had at my home office to take to my real office.

Grand total? 2,043 steps. I have to make concerted efforts, or I just vegetate.

Had a string of three weeks going where I had no days less than 5,000 (I think none less than 6,000, but for sure 5,000) and now 3 in less than a week. Not good.

Unforgettable

There is a brand of rain gear caked frog togg

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Take a look at the thread on neat things to buy. I posted about it this morning about the same time I posted here. It is basically a chilling pad. Lightweight absorbent yet wicking material you keep in chilled water, then use it generally on your head and neck to cool the body temperature down.

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

That's good how is the weight coming

QUOTE=UKFlounder;103389]Another 10,512 steps yesterday, so I'm happy with that.

slow start today, but the weather is good and should allow me my walk home this afternoon after work, so that will be about 4500 steps from that.

I still have hope to make the 10K mark again today.[/QUOTE]

Unforgettable

For Tuesday, 15432, I am thrilled with that and staying over 12,000 again. Walked 1.3 miles again slow pace as my back was hurting but I refused to turn around. But I only got a few steps for tues on that walk since my day resets at 9pm so have 4400 for we'd already. Plus when I looked at the scale ths morning, which I hadn't done in srpeveral days, down 9 pounds since July 17.

Cut back on bread, sweats, butter, potatoes and eating smaller portions and a popcicle at night.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Great work, Mick.

I have been sedentary Thursday, Friday and today. Went to my office, to another guy's office, and home. Loaded up a bunch of files I had at my home office to take to my real office.

Grand total? 2,043 steps. I have to make concerted efforts, or I just vegetate.

Had a string of three weeks going where I had no days less than 5,000 (I think none less than 6,000, but for sure 5,000) and now 3 in less than a week. Not good.
    I have dropped a whopping total of 2 lbs. in the last four weeks. I am somewhat discouraged with that. 6 to 8 would have been nice.

I think about level, though my home scale is not the best. I haven't checked on the good scale they have at work yet as I'm trying not to obsess too much with numbers. If I can just check once per week, I think that's fair. I'm still please with my overall exercise & better diet.

Edited: I gave in to temptation & stepped on the scale again & it is 1.5 pounds lower than last Friday, so hopefully that will be a trend.

Anyway, over 11,000 steps yesterday and over 4,000 so far today. It's another meeting night, so I don't know how much more I will get, but if I get 7,000 or so, that won't be bad for a "slow day" as I've had 10,000+ every day since last Friday

That's good how is the weight coming

QUOTE=UKFlounder;103389]Another 10,512 steps yesterday, so I'm happy with that.

slow start today, but the weather is good and should allow me my walk home this afternoon after work, so that will be about 4500 steps from that.

I still have hope to make the 10K mark again today.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 08-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.

, down 9 pounds since July 17.

Cut back on bread, sweats, butter, potatoes and eating smaller portions and a popcicle at night.
    Great job.

Sent using Forum Runner

There is a brand of rain gear caked frog togg
    Same company, Academy carries both. I have a very light weight frogg togg rain gear set, too.

Sent using Forum Runner

Unforgettable

I get my rain gear from a company I buy from, much cheaper that way

QUOTE=Darrell KSR;103996]Same company, Academy carries both. I have a very light weight frogg togg rain gear set, too.

Sent using Forum Runner[/QUOTE]

Unforgettable

16106 yesterday, that was a big day for me. Today won't be as big, I worked at my whse last night until 10:30 so I didnt get my walk in after 9:00 to start my day. Did get in some at the whse enough to get over 16000.

16k is great.

I had 8k Wednesday then over 11k yesterday.

I should have some good numbers this weekend, especially tomorrow and Sunday

I took those flashlights I bought out of the package last night and tested them. How many steps does that count for?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I took those flashlights I bought out of the package last night and tested them. How many steps does that count for?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Not sure, but you have to test them outside. At night. For about 45 minutes. While moving.

Sent using Forum Runner

Gee, it is almost cold tonight as I take a short evening walk.

Sent using Forum Runner