Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

Re: Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Detroit on the clock. Burke could be the pick but with Knight, I doubt it unless they move BK to the 2.
    I've heard that's the plan...moving Knight to the 2. We will see if they go PG.
    ~Puma~

No wonder these teams pick first...they are terrible at all facets of NBA operations. Evidently they want to pick early next year too.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Crap!!!!!!

NN to the Sixers?

Noel to the Sixers.......I just puked

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
    Write it off if they have a better option. Rivers isn't good enough to be blocking a legit player and at the 10th pick it's not like they have so much money tied up in him that they need to keep trying if there's something better out there.
    No argument from me. Trade him, take the hit (if you have to take one) and move on. They're building a roster, you can afford to give some kids time to develop but you can't afford dead weight.

Sadly my cynical side says they keep Rivers (by picking him they proved their poor judgment) but I'd love to have him away from any of our bigs who have to rely on him to get them the ball.

I really wonder if Nerlens will stick there or if this is a trade pick. I hope it's legit and they trade rivers for a decent guard, we'll see.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I'd go McCollom before Burke.
    "I don't like it, but I'll do it. I have to wear something anyway. I wouldn't want to get attacked by all the ladies and get divorced." - Mac122 on wearing black to support the team during a "blackout".

Stern is a pompous jackass

Detroit takes Caldwell-Pope. IMO steal of the draft so far
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Why would the Sixers want Noel when they have Bynum???
    ~Puma~

how are going to take Pope over Burke??
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
    Stern is a pompous jackass
    This is just part of the night. The jabs from Stern to the crowd and vise versa. At least we don't have to watch Stephen A. Smith get heckled.
    "I don't like it, but I'll do it. I have to wear something anyway. I wouldn't want to get attacked by all the ladies and get divorced." - Mac122 on wearing black to support the team during a "blackout".

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Bynum is hurt worse than NN.

I've heard that's the plan...moving Knight to the 2. We will see if they go PG.
    Nope, took the SG. great pick IMO. Love to see him paired with BK
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    No wonder these teams pick first...they are terrible at all facets of NBA operations. Evidently they want to pick early next year too.
    Agree 100%. The trick to getting a lottery pick is to have a bad team, yet we see some teams in there with far too much regularity. There's a reason.

If Charlotte wanted more impact then MKG was a bad pick last year b/c he's going to take time to develop offense, so now instead of giving him that time they look to trade him. By cutting the baby in half they just wasted that #2 pick. Now they go the opposite direction and get Zeller, who has all the moves but none of the athleticism or defense of MKG.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bynum is a free agent also

According to Chad Ford, Sixers trade Jrue Holiday and a 2014 pick to NO for Noel. Great pick-up for the Pelicans. Sixers now have Hawes, Noel, Bynum, and Kwame Brown at Center with no PG. What the crap?
    ~Puma~

you forgot the Bynum has ZERO heart and hasn't played in about a year. Noels biggest plus is his energy. Bynum is a cancer, Noel is the cure.

If Philly didn't trade their 2013 pick, they will draft a PG almost for sure.
    ~Puma~

Do the sixers have a coach yet
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    how are going to take Pope over Burke??
    Burkes issue is his height.

Sorry, I am just confused. Philly just traded their best player and their 1st round pick in the deepest draft in years next season for Noel. Weird.
    ~Puma~

According to Chad Ford, Sixers trade Jrue Holiday and a 2014 pick to NO for Noel. Great pick-up for the Pelicans. Sixers now have Hawes, Noel, Bynum, and Kwame Brown at Center with no PG. What the crap?
    Not sure why they stockpile then don't use bigs but they've done it for many years IMO. They stuck Nazr at the end of the bench for all but the last year of his contract then trade him to the Hawks. He was on track to be cut by the Sixers and ended up a 15 year pro once he got away from them.

I like Burke, I think he will surprise a lot of people.
    ~Puma~

Sorry, I am just confused. Philly just traded their best player and their 1st round pick in the deepest draft in years next season for Noel. Weird.
    Is odd. Heck, the 10 player picked next year will likely be a better pick than any player in this years draft

It's bizarre, but it gives me hope they have huge faith in Nerlens and will put in the resources given the price they paid for him. Still a dubious trade as it would seem they could have gotten him for less.

I like Burke, I think he will surprise a lot of people.
    I had him slotted at 10 so I wasn't far off.

Next will be Carter Williams or Muhammad. I'll go with MCW to Portland

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Do the sixers have a coach yet
    Haven't had one since Dr. J was there that I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Next will be Carter Williams or Muhammad. I'll go with MCW to Portland
    Wrong--McCollum

This is the strangest draft ever.
    ~Puma~