Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Matt Elam and Company Crush Seneca High School

Crush perhaps is the operative word here because John Hardin high school has in Matt Elam a 350-pound potential dynamo that most high school kid aren't use to feeling the weight of. The final score of 35-6 John Hardin the winner was of little significance when put up against watching how a huge human maneuvered that big around the football field. "I don't feel I played all that great but I caused a lot of havoc in the backfield," Elam said. "I got a lot of double teams, triple team, they tried to cut me a lot, but I found out and a stopped that." The big man had four tackles for a loss, one sack, and several hurries. He ate up a lot of blocks and on one play that was impressive was when he showed his speed on a down field block of an interception return. The big man said he is down from 380-pounds and plans to get lower. The big guy played every snap and special teams until the end which pointed up his stamina.

Elam said he and Drew Barker have plans together to make their official visit to UK. "He's recruiting me just like one of the coaches on the coaching staff," said the personable Elam. "He told me what day to come and what day everybody else is coming so we just plan on that day."

When asked what schools has on his list, he said - "I've got a top six right now. Tennessee, Alabama, UK, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Louisville. Those are all great programs and I'm going to fit in well with those programs." He said his target date for committing is still the Army All-American game in early January. Right now he seems to be enjoying the process. He said he talks to Mark Stoops everyday. He said - "I don't want to go on just what the coaches tell me. I want to go on game day and see the actual game and atmosphere."
    Comments 2 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks Lonny. Lots of big time competition for his services. Would be a huge get for the Cats.
      Darrell KSR -
      Down from 380 pounds. Wow.
  • KSR Twitter Feed