Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• SEC Baseball to watch this Weekend

Of course, we start with the Kentucky (18-6) – Florida (10-14) series. But we also want to watch Tennessee (17-7) at Vanderbilt (11-13), Mississippi State (14-10) at Arkansas (17-7), and Texas A&M (16-8) at Ole Miss (9-15).

With 6 games to play, Kentucky has a narrow one-game lead to win just its 2nd ever SEC Baseball Championship. I suspect that we can claim that even with a tie with Tennessee, Arkansas or Texas A&M, regardless of tiebreakers, but to get the overall #1 seed in the SEC Tournament, it should be noted that we would win the tiebreaker with Arkansas, but lose the tiebreaker with Tennessee. I have not looked to see what the tiebreaker with Texas A&M would be since we did not play them.

The Mississippi State game has extra interest in it because they are currently the 5th place team overall in the Southeastern Conference where only the top 4 teams get the bye to the Wednesday double elimination portion of the SEC Tournament. Georgia and South Carolina are right on their heels with 13-11 records, but I think we have enough series to pay close attention to without just saying look at everybody.

All times EDT

Friday
    Kentucky at Florida, 1 PM, SEC Network+
    Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 7 PM SEC Network+
    Mississippi State at Arkansas, 7:30 PM SEC Network+
    Texas A&M at Ole Miss, 8:30 PM SEC Network

Saturday
    Kentucky at Florida, Noon, SEC Network
    Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 3 PM, SEC Network
    Texas A&M at Ole Miss, 5 PM, SEC Network+
    Mississippi State at Arkansas, 7 PM, SEC Network+

Sunday
    Kentucky at Florida, Noon, SEC Network
    Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 3 PM, ESPN2
    Mississippi State at Arkansas, 3 PM, SEC Network
    Texas A&M at Ole Miss, 6 PM, SEC Network
    Comments 6 Comments
      Terminus -
      This is really fun stuff, just a great season to date and the fact it was so unexpected just adds to it. I’m hoping we can build some momentum this weekend with solid play and hopefully a series win to carry into the tourney.
      MickintheHam -
      I would like to see Arky win two of three this weekend. We need to keep MSU out of the Top 4 race.
      Darrell KSR -
      With 4 games remaining:

Tennessee 19-7
      Kentucky 19-7
      Arkansas 18-8
      Texas A&M 16-10
      Mississippi State 15-11
      Georgia 15-11
      Darrell KSR -
      With 3 games remaining, UK's win today CLINCHED a SEC first day bye. Only question now is which top 4 seed we get.

Kentucky 20-7 (hosts Vandy)
      Tennessee 19-8 (hosts South Carolina)
      Arkansas 19-8 (@ Texas A&M)
      Texas A&M 17-10 (hosts Arkansas)

Looking like it might be Kentucky or Tennessee to win the SEC regular season title this year. Arkansas still into it also. Will be big UK and Gamecock fans next week, possibly with a side order of A&M.
      Catfan73 -
      Vandy just shut out Tennessee 3-0
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      Vandy just shut out Tennessee 3-0
      Outstanding, thanks for the update.
  • KSR Twitter Feed