Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Zack Lee to return to Kentucky Baseball

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Right-handed pitcher Zack Lee intends to return to Kentucky and pass on signing a deal with a professional club. He becomes the second pitcher in as many days with extensive starting experience to return to UK.

The hard-throwing Lee had been projected to be selected by some mock drafts the be selected in this week’s Major League Baseball Draft. When he was not drafted he decided against signing a free agent deal and attempt to raise his stock in the 2023 season.

Lee has been a Swiss Army knife during his career with the Wildcats, serving mainly as a Sunday starter in 2021 and a spot starter and long relief option in 2022. For his career, he has appeared in 35 games with 19 starts, pitching to a 5.93 earned run average in 101.2 innings. He is 7-8 with 92 strikeouts overall.

Lee, from Effingham, Illinois, was excellent against both Alabama and LSU in 2021 and threw 3.1 one-hit innings versus No. 1 Tennessee this season to help the Cats become one of only two teams to win a series over the Volunteers.
    Comments 2 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      We mentioned this yesterday and expected him to return. Good news that he shunned the free agency route.
      CatQuick -
      Appreciate the updates Darrell!!
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post