Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Tyler Guilfoil Earns Baseball America All-American Honors

The Kentucky closer named to third First-Team All-America squad

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky junior pitcher Tyler Guilfoil has been named First-Team All-America by Baseball America, it was announced Monday. It is his third publication to name him to its first team. He previously was named First-Team All-American by the NCBWA and Perfect Game.

Guilfoil, a Lexington native who transferred back home after last season, turned in arguably the best season in history by a Kentucky reliever. He had a 1.59 earned run average and six saves in 51.0 innings while striking out 14 batters per nine innings and holding opposing hitters to a .156 batting average. He had a microscopic 1.34 ERA in 40.1 Southeastern Conference innings.

In the SEC Tournament, Guilfoil earned both a win and a save in his two appearances and finished 3-1 on the season in 21 appearances. Guilfoil was outrageously good over the final six weeks of the season, going 3-0 with three saves and a 1.05 ERA in 25.2 innings with only 10 hits allowed and 34 strikeouts.

He was a finalist for National Stopper of the Year, was named Second-Team All-America by Collegiate Baseball and Second-Team Midwest All-District by the American Baseball Coaches Association. He was the only reliever in the SEC to be named First-Team All-SEC.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post