Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Kentucky Offensive Line racking up pre-season accolades

By LARRY VAUGHT

Never did I imagine seeing a day when the Kentucky offensive line would be getting so much national recognition and respect.

Pro Football Focus picked Kentucky as having the op returning offensive line in Power 5 Football. That means the Cats beat traditional powers Clemson, Ohio State and Oregon for the top spot thanks to returning starters Landon Young, Drake Jackson, Luke Fortner and Darrian Kinnard.

SEC Network analyst Cole Cubelic is someone I really respect when it comes to breaking down offensive linemen because he’s a former Auburn offensive lineman. He had already named Drake Jackson his No. 1 returning center in the Southeastern Conference before he came out with his list of the top five returning offensive tackles in the SEC.

He rated Alabama’s Alex Leatherwood No. 1 which was no surprise since many thought he would be a high NFL Draft pick if he had not opted to return to Alabama for another season.

But next on his list were Kentucky junior Darian Kinnard and senior Landon Young. Behind them in the top five were Carson Green of Texas A&M and Wanya Morris of Tennessee.

Throw in Kentucky having All-American punter Max Duffy to go with a solid defense and coach Mark Stoops has another team built for success in the rugged SEC, especially since I think UK has a group of talented running backs and the expected return of the SEC’s most underrated quarterback, Terry Wilson.
    Comments 1 Comment
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      By LARRY VAUGHT

and the expected return of the SEC’s most underrated quarterback, Terry Wilson.
      Most under rated in the nation, and a future Heisman candidate..

Jackson
      Mayfield
      Murray
      Burrow
      Wilson
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post