Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Wildcats Winning But Calipari Still Looking for Answers

The Cats are returning home for four of the next six games. There's no place like home, however in that stretch John Calipari will be endeavoring to fix some problems. Problems that this time last year he did not have. He said then he trusted them to run the team from the floor. But without Tyler Ulis being the coach on the floor Cal has to coach nearly every offensive possession down the floor. After last the home game he said they are just not discipline enough as a team yet. But knowing Calipari they will get there. In the 2013-14 season it wasn't until the SEC tournament that they came together playing well. They scores as quickly as you can say Wildcats.

De'Aaron Fox and the Jets

Fox is lightning fast getting down the court and makes him so difficult to stop and the fact that he is left handed. His open court ability is frightening to opponents. So much so it makes them lose their cool's when he dazzles them then after finishing he flashes a big smile which is intimidating. Given he is near impossible to stop when he gets in the lane it sparks tempers. Cal said he is not aware of more skirmishes across college basketball because he only watches themselves. “I think there's frustration levels when you practice two weeks to play us,” Cal said. “Things start to get away from them and you are fight and you are in the game – there's a frustration level Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky and then you punch a guy. I've been here eight years, I've probably seen that fifty times. And I get it.”

Playing for a Good Seed in the NCAA Tournament

It often seems uncharacteristic if the Cats are not a one-seed in the NCAA tournament. Some fans feel that that the dominance over conference foes puts them in a dormant state. Except for the upcoming Kansas game that's the only chance to nail down that customary seed. Kentucky will probably be the favorite in every other game prior to March Madness.

The URO Step

There is something call the Uro Step that's becoming popular in college basketball. The NBA imports it from the global game. It's when a player has the ball and they drive one direction then quickly take a lateral step in the other direction. This goes right up to the edge of traveling. It wasn't invented by the NBA's James Hardin but perfected by him. It's a beautiful thing to see a man as large as Bam Adebayo steal the ball in open court and at full throttle performs the URO and finger rolls the layup.

Isaiah Briscoe the Savior

The fearless Briscoe has on several occasions this season been the savior of a game when the rest of the team is struggling. He takes the ball to the hole and is swiftly learning how to get the ball up over a big defender. Most often he either scores the basket or he gets fouled. And against Mississippi State except for Brisoe's free throws the rest of the team was struggling at the line. “I called him in and asked how he played,” Cal said. “I had a couple of coaches call me and said he is so much better than last year. He's making free throw making perimeter shots and even playing better defense. Briscoe said he was awful. I said you were awful but now you're not blaming me and you are taking responsibility for your game and that's why you are getting better.” He is the old man of the team of the starting lineup.

Cal said it makes him happy to look out of his window and sees Malik Monk and Isaiah Briscoe wringing wet going against each other. That sparks improvement.
  • KSR Twitter Feed