Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky players hope to hit jackpot

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Could a Kentucky basketball player win tonight's Powerball jackpot?

Probably not, but it won't be because the UK players don't have lottery tickets as part of a life lesson coach John Calipari tried to teach his players Monday night at his house and revealed that when asked if he had other teams where he didn't know what kind of overall effort he would get from game to game.

"I got 15 lottery tickets, Powerballs. I had them put $2 each, and they each took out a Powerball ticket. I asked them what they would do with the money if they got it. Asked a couple kids and then I said you're going to tell me what, later, I want you to write three on four things down. It was really an interesting conversation," Calipari said after his team blew most of a 20-point lead before beating Mississippi State Tuesday night.

"Then I said what are the odds of you making it, hitting this ticket? They said they didn't know. I said it's 292.2 million to 1. That ticket is not a winner. You're not winning with that ticket. Would you like to get your money back? One kid took the money back and left the ticket. Then one of the others bought his ticket with another $2.

"Then I said you better hope that that ticket doesn't win, you're going to want to jump off a bridge. But I then said you already own a ticket, you. It may be 50/50 that you're going to hit the lottery, 70/30. But you've got to fight. You've got to want it. You have a ticket.

"A lot of people buying these lottery tickets have no chance in anything else other than 292 million to 1 to be that. So, again, I don't know the answer. That comes from within. We have good players. We're learning. We made some dumb errors, but that's what happens when you have a young team. But, again, when we have a lot of guys no show, it's hard to win. It's just hard."

Guard Jamal Murray said he had his Powerball ticket. So did guard Isaiah Briscoe. Neither player said he bought a teammate's ticket.

“Did the Powerball happen yet? I just put it in my pocket. I think it’s on my bed," Murray said.

He said Calipari's speech made sense to him.

"Kind of put things into perspective of what I want to do with my career and what direction I want to go. Just trying to go prove that and have myself do it," Murray said.
    Comments 2 Comments
      Hoss -
      This will all be a moot point, after I win tonight!
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
      This will all be a moot point, after I win tonight!
      Crap I was hoping I had the only winner, now you're telling me we're splitting it?

Oh well, could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KSR Twitter Feed