Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Q & A with Ryan Timmons

bY: LONNY DEMAREE

Ryan Timmons is just one of a stable of receivers in the rotation that are charged to put points on the board. Timmons a true junior came out of high school a highly productive phenome. He has had to fight through nagging injuries since coming from Franklin County High School.

Q: Last season you played through a shoulder and ankle injury that no one in the BBN knew and you had off-season surgery on both. How have you been able to deal with the injury-bug?
    A: It was difficult playing through injury but now I’m healthier than I’ve ever been so I feel good. Injuries are tough to play through but it’s in your head and it’s a mind set on concentrating on what you have to do to beat the other team. You can’t pay attention to injuries.

Q: We noticed you were in a boot a week ago. What was the injury and does it affect your position in the rotation even though you were the leading last season with 45-receptions for 536-yards?
    A: Oh I roll my ankle a little bit. I missed a couple of days and we were just trying to protect the ankle as I said I’m alright now.

Q: Your coach Tommy Mainord said to play in all twelve games last season said that showed your toughness. Is that one of the necessary require playing in the SEC?
    A: Yes I had to get tough because this was something I didn’t have to deal with in high school. I feel like I have matured a lot since high school.

Q: Coach Shannon Dawson said you as well as all the receivers have to pay attention to detail. But he said overall you have had a good camp. What did he mean by consistency?
    A: He want me to run better routes and be more consistent - the routes are the same. We just run them deeper and communication is different so I might miss a sign occasionally. I need to come up with different type routes. Sometimes in this league it’s tough getting open.

Q: How difficult was it catching ball in sub-par lighting Saturday night’s practice? Dawson said you caught a couple but he didn’t expect the receivers to catch any.
    A: It was tough but fun.

Q: What do you expect out of yourself and the team?
    A: We have to be more physical and be able to run the ball in order to win close games. As Coach Dawson said just be more consistent and tighten my game up and help in special teams.

Q: You led the team in reception last season with forty-five for 536-yards. With the wealth of receivers do you feel you can match that this season?
    A: Yeah, there are a lot more good receivers in that room (meeting room) and the competition is going to make me work harder.

Q: There is competition for the punt-return game with you backing of Demarco Robinson. You are in a battle with T. V. Williams, and Garrett Johnson. Where does that stand?
    A: We are all great punt returners and I have to prepare everyday like I’m the starter. We probably won’t know until game time who will trot out there first. I know it’s a tough job but it’s something I think I can help the team win and I’m prepared for it.

• KSR Twitter Feed