Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 107 of 150 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

I have an ice chest with water bottles and Powerade ready for them when they get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have an ice chest with water bottles and Powerade ready for them when they get here.
    You sir, are a kind and thoughtful person.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

You sir, are a kind and thoughtful person.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Hey, I just want them safe. When I went out there, it wasn't as bad as I thought, although it's supposed to be 95 with a heat index of 105. It's all in shade, though.

If we are betting on an arrival date, I will take 7-31-2020. I am being optimistic and hopeful for the sake of a family in the Ham.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If we are betting on an arrival date, I will take 7-31-2020. I am being optimistic and hopeful for the sake of a family in the Ham.
    That's a great pool question.

When will the Trane components arrive to repair the unit?

Dan -- July 31, 2020.

I'm going to be less optimistic. I think that they wouldn't be putting in another unit in the meantime if it was going to be soon (although 2 weeks is not soon). I'll take August 10.

Dan -- July 31, 2020.
    Darrell -- August 10, 2020.

(I promise, I know nothing more than what I have revealed here, too, just in case. For all I know, it may be next week when it comes in.)

Other guesses?

Last Post Wins

Put me down for 8-5-2020. Just to be clear parts arrive 8-5, then may take a day or two to get the install scheduled, so repair would be 8-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Not to rub it in, but my guy texted me this morning and said he’d text me Saturday morning to give me the time he’s coming over. $65 for clean, and check out side unit (condenser coil).

He’s going to give me a quote on inside evaporator coil when he comes over. He doesn’t recall how hard/easy it is to get to it to service.

Me thinks it’s the easiest access to a evaporator coil ever... at least that’s what I told him.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

That's a great pool question.

When will the Trane components arrive to repair the unit?

Dan -- July 31, 2020.

I'm going to be less optimistic. I think that they wouldn't be putting in another unit in the meantime if it was going to be soon (although 2 weeks is not soon). I'll take August 10.

Dan -- July 31, 2020.
    Darrell -- August 10, 2020.

(I promise, I know nothing more than what I have revealed here, too, just in case. For all I know, it may be next week when it comes in.)

Other guesses?
    Get me that serial/model number... “my guy” will be here tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Get me that serial/model number... “my guy” will be here tomorrow...

I'll take a pic shortly and post.

Last Post Wins

Still waiting on them this afternoon... IMG_20200717_165552__01.jpgIMG_20200717_165501__01.jpg

Put me down for 08/07/2020.

So....this is why I use this company, guys.

They get here. They have a brand new Carrier unit to put in as a temporary. Same SEER rating, etc/ as the Trane. They tell me that when they started thinking about it, they wanted to make me an offer.

Brand new Carrier unit to replace the 14 year old Trane for the same cost of replacing the coil.

They said that would save them 2x the labor, they'd end up with a used Carrier anyway, and it was in recognition of our loyalty to the company. (And they cut the repair price down to less than half to begin with).

Sold.

Sorry about the Pool.

Last Post Wins

Technically Dan wins the pool, he was closest to you having an air conditioned house.

Congratulations to both Darrell and Dan!!!

So....this is why I use this company, guys.

They get here. They have a brand new Carrier unit to put in as a temporary. Same SEER rating, etc/ as the Trane. They tell me that when they started thinking about it, they wanted to make me an offer.

Brand new Carrier unit to replace the 14 year old Trane for the same cost of replacing the coil.

They said that would save them 2x the labor, they'd end up with a used Carrier anyway, and it was in recognition of our loyalty to the company. (And they cut the repair price down to less than half to begin with).

Sold.

Sorry about the Pool.
    Unless I am missing something, you did real well, considering all the heat and every thing you went through, but they have stepped up on the customer service side of it. Bravo to you for being a loyal customer and rravo to them for recognizing it.
    Dang, I am really over my limit for this months verbiage...

Last Post Wins

Going to bed in a cool house tonight. Been going to bed at 2 am just because I wanted it to cool down a little. This feels like a luxury.

Got my air in today. Yea!

New outside unit, 14 SEER, and coils to match. $4,300 installed. Seemed a hair high to me, but probably not at all, esp. given prices you have been getting.

that's for the first floor. 2nd floor still a work in progress.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Let me get this straight. You got a brand new 3.5 ton Carrier unit, installed, for 2,400.00 or 1,062 if we are using the discounted price on the coil? If that is the case, that company needs to remain on your Christmas list forever.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Done and done! Guy was here for just about an hour. Got the outside unit cleaned and checked out. Said it was pretty dirty, and it was good we got it done. After checking pressures and line temps, he thought the inside evaporator coil may be dirty. After checking it out, it was fine but told me to change my filters more regularly. I usual try to change it monthly but it looked like I may have skipped a month... or two.

$65 cash, and a couple of cold bottles of water. Back in business...

Now it’ll probably blow up, or a tree will fall on it in a week or two.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Let me get this straight. You got a brand new 3.5 ton Carrier unit, installed, for 2,400.00 or 1,062 if we are using the discounted price on the coil? If that is the case, that company needs to remain on your Christmas list forever.
    Yes, the lower. Well it was about $100 more, maybe tax? Whatever it was, it was great.

We have a maintenance contract with them where they tune up everything twice a year and we will obviously continue buying units and using them for repairs as we approach our 30th year (my wife, who has notes on everything, tracked it down to February 1991 when we began). They stepped up huge.

Last Post Wins

Yes, the lower. Well it was about $100 more, maybe tax? Whatever it was, it was great.

We have a maintenance contract with them where they tune up everything twice a year and we will obviously continue buying units and using them for repairs as we approach our 30th year (my wife, who has notes on everything, tracked it down to February 1991 when we began). They stepped up huge.
    You’ve got a “guy” after all. I’d stick with them too... big time.

I talked to my guy today about your issue, but now it’s kind of a moot point.

Sean "Puffy" Combs has reached the Brimley Line (the age Wilford Brimley was when Cocoon was released):

https://twitter.com/BrimleyLine/stat...68619765178369
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I crossed that line a bit ago. lol. Do you get a prize or a certificate or something?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I crossed that line a bit ago. lol. Do you get a prize or a certificate or something?
    Yes--your prize is you get to keep breathing.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Wigity-Wigity-Wap.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Yes--your prize is you get to keep breathing.
    Depending on the day I may not consider that a prize.

Has to be Trumps fault!

I'm starting to wonder how we're going to determine the winner.

Brimley was like 70 years old for 30 years.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Brimley was like 70 years old for 30 years.
    I have started re-watching Cheers from the beginning. I forgot how funny Coach was. I I'm in season 1, and it made me think about how he passed away during the show and I wondered how old he was. Apparently he died at age 61, which was prior to the fourth year. Incredibly, he was like 57 when I was watching him and he looked much older.