Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1335

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

STARZ subscribers, STARZ Encore, is going to to air Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection back to back to back to back tonight starting at 8:00 est.

I suppose with streaming they can all be located for easy viewing, but it could be a good DVR opportunity…

I remember back in the day, the Alien series was some scary € @&7Ąt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Anyone watched Where the Crawdads sing? Wife is wanting to see that one. Will I be asleep?
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 08-23-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Great movie, you will enjoy.
    Highly recommend

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    STARZ subscribers, STARZ Encore, is going to to air Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection back to back to back to back tonight starting at 8:00 est.

I suppose with streaming they can all be located for easy viewing, but it could be a good DVR opportunity…

I remember back in the day, the Alien series was some scary € @&7Ąt

Scary movies are not my thing. I've not seen 1 minute of any Alien movie and if I'm lucky, I never will. Sounds good for those who like them, though.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Not trying to self-promote at all, but if any of you are sci-fi guys and want some of the DVD series I have a bunch coming up for auction. Did an estate where the guy got the full Star Trek TNG, Full Farscape, Battlestar, Buffy, Angel, Highlander, etc. Some of that stuff you can get streaming, but some is not available, esp. sci-fi. In the next sale we have the original Battlestar Galactica with the Cylon face cover box. I'm bidding on that one.

I should probably watch more of the newer streaming stuff, but I just can't seem to get into it. I end up watching the older shows I've seen before. Not sure what that says about me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Anyone watched Where the Crawdads sing? Wife is wanting to see that one. Will I be asleep?
    Have heard it was mediocre according to critics, but audiences enjoy it. I've been in that latter category plenty of times. I wouldn't go in with great expectations, just sort of bubble gum for the eyes kinda thing (it's the way I read John Grisham books).

I read the book, and I enjoyed it, and I want to see the movie. It was partly filmed in Houma, Louisiana, where much of my wife's family lives.

Rupp's Runt

We have made plans 3 times to go see it. Once my kidney stones got in the way, then a sick kid, then we decided we were just too busy and decided to stay home. I think it is still playing this weekend so maybe we will go. But at this point I might encourage renting it when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    We have made plans 3 times to go see it. Once my kidney stones got in the way, then a sick kid, then we decided we were just too busy and decided to stay home. I think it is still playing this weekend so maybe we will go. But at this point I might encourage renting it when it comes out.
    That's probably what I will end up doing.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That's probably what I will end up doing.
    I miss that dual release (theater/rent) during covid. We rented a few that we would have never went to see. Kids movies, but still...

Rupp's Runt

Wife has covid, so we won't be going this weekend either.

^Oh, man. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^Oh, man. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks. She has felt bad the last few days. But she thought it was a change in meds (and could be). She is still working. In healthcare, they just put you on the covid wing. Eventually we will see it.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I just received a Neilson Television Survey. They sent me a crispy new $1 bill, with the promise of ten more at the date of survey completion.

This is like the fifth time in my life that I’ve been selected for the Neilson survey. I did one back in the 70’s and IIRC they sent $1 back then and then sent $1 at a time periodically totaling $6.

Stock market crash be damned, I’m part of the Neilson family.

They sent me one about 10 or 15 years ago but I think it had a 5 dollar bill in it. It went in my pocket and the survey in the trash.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

I've been sent two. On the first one, I told them we do not watch television. We didn't even have TV at the time, like nothing at all. They said document whatever you watch even if it is nothing. So I sent it back blank and they sent me more money for completing it. It wasn't much, like $10 or something.

I just trashed the 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I thought you mentioned they cancelled it after 2 seasons.

I am sorry. I was thinking Jack Ryan. Reacher is brand new and as I understand it is renewed already for next season albeit I think the only character that returns is the guy that plays Reacher...as it happens in the novels.

Rupp's Runt

Where the Crawdads Sing is still playing in Owensboro. She is still wanting to go, so I guess we will. As I said, I'd rather rent it at this point.

My wife and I will be out of town Saturday, checking out of a hotel at 11, but not having anything to do until about 6. Looks like a perfect day for a movie matinee (yes, I'd rather watch football games. But not a great day to sit around, have an adult beverage at a local watering hole there, watch games, then drive home 250 miles after my event Saturday night. So a movie looks much more likely.)

I was thinking about Nope, but if they're showing Where the Crawdads Sing, we may go see that, too.

Rupp's Runt

I don't even know when she and I last went to a movie. So it won't be a bad thing for us to go. We have taken the girls to see some, but as far as two adults going? Man, it has been years.

^We went to see Top Gun: Maverick this summer. Before that, we saw Belfast last fall (now streaming on Prime--good movie). It's hard for us to find movies that fit our Venn Diagram intersection. Mrs. BEvans doesn't like science fiction, space movies, violent movies or horror movies. That narrows it a bit.

We're very light moviegoers. We did see Top Gun/Maverick; sort of a family birthday/father's day (I don't remember which) kind of celebration. Before that was last summer in similar situations (needed to kill a few hours after checking out of a hotel waiting on our event). We saw Mr. Rogers and Dear Evan Hansen. Neither were great, but fine for just getting out of the sun, and a lot cheaper than going to the mall or outlet shops, which is generally our 2nd option.

So...movie this Saturday.
    Maybe a movie next Saturday or Sunday.

That's probably it for many months, possibly until next August or September.

^We find there's a lot more TV we like. We just binged Yellowstone and getting ready to watch the 1st season of 1883, the Yellowstone prequel. Also going to start Only Murders In The Building on Hulu. Can't do that for a date night, though.

Rupp's Runt

We don't watch a lot of anything. Never have. I asked her last night what was the last movie we went to see as grown ups. She said she couldn't remember us ever going to the theaters to watch a movie. I then reminded her of our first date lol Surely we have seen something since then, that was 20 years ago.

About to see Nope.

It's an American neo-Western science fiction horror film.

I don't know what all of that means and hope we like Nope, but it doesn't fit neatly in our likes. We shall see.

About to see Nope.

It's an American neo-Western science fiction horror film.

I don't know what all of that means and hope we like Nope, but it doesn't fit neatly in our likes. We shall see.
    Was Nope a yep?

Nope.

Not recommended. Mediocre.

Hey, we enjoyed it. Sat in a plush recliner to watch (a first experience for me), and paid $3 because all movies were $3 yesterday. Wasn't a bad movie, just not good.

Nope.

Not recommended. Mediocre.

Hey, we enjoyed it. Sat in a plush recliner to watch (a first experience for me), and paid $3 because all movies were $3 yesterday. Wasn't a bad movie, just not good.

The new theater that I can literally see from my house has those new theaters with super plush reclining seats and you have a tray for food, drink holders, all that stuff. Have been there once, and no doubt the theater itself is much more enjoyable than the old ones.

That being said I will still go to the Kentucky Theater and support it, as it is not as plush but is truly history and the theater itself is beautiful with big chandeliers, etc. It's also going to be 100 years old this year, which is pretty amazing.

But the new theaters are very nice. Helps offset the fact that it seems a lot of recent movies aren't all that good. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The new theater that I can literally see from my house has those new theaters with super plush reclining seats and you have a tray for food, drink holders, all that stuff. Have been there once, and no doubt the theater itself is much more enjoyable than the old ones.

That being said I will still go to the Kentucky Theater and support it, as it is not as plush but is truly history and the theater itself is beautiful with big chandeliers, etc. It's also going to be 100 years old this year, which is pretty amazing.

But the new theaters are very nice. Helps offset the fact that it seems a lot of recent movies aren't all that good. lol
    To be honest, I contemplated bringing my earplugs and sleep mask and had I known the recliner was that plush and the movie that poor I would have done so. I had a 250 Mile Drive after a game ended at 9:30 p.m. last night so getting in at 1:30 a.m., catching a quick nap in the afternoon wasn't a bad idea.