Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Game: When was the last time you...

The rules of this game are easy. You ask a question about when the last time someone did something was, and next person will answer and ask a new one. You don't need to be absolutely specific. To start off...

When was the last time you shined your shoes/had your shoes signed?

Re: Game: When was the last time you...

Shined my own, Saturday night prior to church.

When was the last time you had all your kids/grandkids with you?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Always, as I have non of either.

When was the last time you read a physical book from start to finish (e-books not included)?

I probably shouldn't get back in the thread this quickly, but I figure an hour or so is fair game.

Physical book, cover to cover, I *think* was either 13 months ago or 25 months ago. I am not sure which Christmas I was given a hardback book to read, probably John Grisham, easy to read thing.

I probably read 20 e-books on my Kindle this year, possibly a couple more. Wow, has my life changed.

When was the last time you wound a watch, clock, stopwatch, or similar timing device? Electric, battery, solar power doesn't count, but a self-winder does if you manually wound it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I probably shouldn't get back in the thread this quickly, but I figure an hour or so is fair game.

Physical book, cover to cover, I *think* was either 13 months ago or 25 months ago. I am not sure which Christmas I was given a hardback book to read, probably John Grisham, easy to read thing.

I probably read 20 e-books on my Kindle this year, possibly a couple more. Wow, has my life changed.

When was the last time you wound a watch, clock, stopwatch, or similar timing device? Electric, battery, solar power doesn't count, but a self-winder does if you manually wound it.
    1976, a couple of years prior I received a gold pocket watch (Elgin) for my birthday. I quit carrying it and it was in a jewelry box that got stolen out of an apartment I lived in many years later.

Oh wait, I forgot we have an antique clock that requires winding both the pendulum and the gong. We moved it for Christmas decorating and since we moved it back I haven't got back in the habit of keeping it going. It lasts about 10 days.

When was the last time you rolled down a car window with the crank style window? To add to this, have you ever pulled up next to someone and you made the circular gesture with your hand indicating you wanted the person to roll their window down and they didn't understand what the gesture meant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 01-13-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    When was the last time you rolled down a car window with the crank style window? To add to this, have you ever pulled up next to someone and you made the circular gesture with your hand indicating you wanted the person to roll their window down and they didn't understand what the gesture meant?

The last time I remember rolling down a window with a crank was 1987. My vehicle at the time was a 1978 Chevy Vega which I'd held onto way too long. I was a starving law student at UK, but after the heat stopped working, the windows would ice up on the inside and it would overheat at every red light (you never saw a guy roll through so many red lights and stop signs in your life), I decided enough was enough and got a new-to-me VW Golf that had power windows.

When was the last time you cooked dinner, and what was it?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Cooked dinner? Somebody else probably should chime in, but I cooked brats, hot dogs, and burgers a few weeks ago. If I'm not grilling, or paying at a restaurant, I'm not cooking.

On your question, but for fun--I rented an economy car from Hertz maybe four or five years ago. It was a Kia Rio. The windows were hand-cranked. I was surprised how easy and reliably they rolled up and down. I remember thinking that I had a window go out on a 2000 volvo, and it was $900 to fix it, and how much better I would have liked it if it had been hand cranked. (Recently spent another $300ish on a Jeep Grand Cherokee--1997--with most of that related to replacing, I think, the regulator or something on the passenger window). Give me a hand-cranked window, and I'll take it even on my car.

For the next question --

When was the last time you went for a drive in your car, to no specific destination, but just, "for a drive?"

Last time I went or a random drive was a few weeks ago. I had my still new car and played hookie from work, then went driving in an area I had not seen for a while, but near where I grew up. It did bring back a few memories.

When as the last time you used an actual typewriter instead of a printer or word processor?

1985 for the typewriter. Was typing up agricultural articles for the local newspaper. Bought a Brother word processor and the typewriter went on the shelf.

When was the last time you used a public pay phone?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    1985 for the typewriter. Was typing up agricultural articles for the local newspaper. Bought a Brother word processor and the typewriter went on the shelf.

When was the last time you used a public pay phone?
    Late 90's the company I work for had a couple of them down on the floor in employee break room. I needed to make a call that couldn't be *69'ed. One of those pay phones is currently in my basement in my work shop.

When was the last time you saw someone hanging clothes outside on a close line?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

When was the last time you saw someone hanging clothes outside on a close line?

Me 3 or 4 months ago. I hang all of my knit shirts outside whenever I have the opportunity. My HOA seems to have no rules against it. You won't see me hanging my undershhorts outside.

"She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hanging on the line"

When was the last time you visited a person's grave, after the marker was set?
    Real Fan since 1958

My grandmother who died 3 years ago, and we visited my grandfather's grave next door..

When was the last time you took public transportation?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My grandmother who died 3 years ago, and we visited my grandfather's grave next door..

When was the last time you took public transportation?
    The St. charles Streetcar in NOLA. Doc may have been on board.

When was the last time you took your kids to a movie?
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    When was the last time you took your kids to a movie?

Would have been Xmas day, 2015.....Star Wars, the force Awakens

When was the last time you got a traffic ticket?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Would have been Xmas day, 2015.....Star Wars, the force Awakens

When was the last time you got a traffic ticket?
    2005 Super Bowl Sunday I-64/ 264 in Louisville racing from my parents house to a Super Bowl party in Nawbany

When was the last time you threw a frisbee?

I threw a frisbee at the beach this summer. Have one of those heavy ones that are meant for frisbee golf that works well in the very windy conditions that sometimes occur at the beach, as opposed to the lightweight ones that are pretty much unusable in wind.

When is the last time you put something in your "at home" mailbox, and lifted a flag on the mailbox to tell the mailman (woman?) there was mail being sent out?

Tuesday morning.

When was the last time you had home made ice cream. No cheating had to be a hand crank, not an electric model...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Probably 45 years ago at my Grandmothers on her back porch in July. Always made ice cream at the family reunion which always happened in July, and the kids always were assigned to turn the crank. When I got married we received a White Mountain electric and never looked back.

When was the last time you put a tape in an 8 track player?
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Probably 45 years ago at my Grandmothers on her back porch in July. Always made ice cream at the family reunion which always happened in July, and the kids always were assigned to turn the crank. When I got married we received a White Mountain electric and never looked back.

When was the last time you put a tape in an 8 track player?
    1978. When I checked into my dorm room the previous guy left an 8 track player with 3 tapes. Heart Dreamboat Annie, Traffic John Barleycorn Must Die, and Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

When was the last time you've seen a slide rule let alone used one?

I owned a slide rule, but I'm not sure I ever used it. Would've been sometime around 1978, graduating high school. I'm not even sure why I owned it, and I would love to know where it is today.

When was the last time that you ate something that you literally had to spit out, it was so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I owned a slide rule, but I'm not sure I ever used it. Would've been sometime around 1978, graduating high school. I'm not even sure why I owned it, and I would love to know where it is today.

When was the last time that you ate something that you literally had to spit out, it was so bad?
    Last time my wife cooked..

Actually was about a month ago. Got some stuffed baked potatoes from Publix. I didn't realize the "stuff" was shrimp. I'm allergic to seafood. Three bites in I realized.

Last time you had general anesthesia?

Doc, I'm also allergic to shellfish. Last time I had that "surprise" experience was with hot and sour soup that I had no idea contained shrimp.

General anesthesia, last was 30 years ago, during an intraocular lens implant. Went 17 years without seeing out of my left eye since being hit in the eye with a rock at age 26.

When is the last time you rode a bicycle?

Last Christmas (a year ago). I took a test spin on my Grandson's 20 inch "mountain bike" after we assembled it. This qualifies if pedaling does not matter. Coasted down the driveway in a zig zag pattern, got off and walked it back.

When was the last time you played a game of checkers?
    seeya
    dan

The last time I played checkers was probably 6 or 7 years ago with my son in between video games. Now I want to dig out the dominoes.

When was the last time you tried a fruit or vegetable you'd never tried before?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I tried asparagus in the summer of 2015. Perhaps I had tried it years ago, in a time I don't remember, but I found out I had not been missing anything. Yuck!

When was the last time you hand-wrote a letter?

This probably doesn't count, but last Wednesday, I attended an invitation-only event (lot of invitations given, but that's not the point.) I knew the four principals very well that were responsible, and I hand wrote a note to each of them, hand-addressed the envelopes, we put a stamp on it and mailed it.

I don't do that enough, and I'm striving to do that more this year.

For a letter, as opposed to a note--it would have had to have been when I was in school, and even then, I don't remember doing it. But that crawls all the way back to 1988, at the latest. I had a computer in 1987 (with a state of the art--cough, cough--9-pin dot matrix printer)--and typed letters mostly then.

A little along the same lines--when was the last time you got an ink stain (from a ballpoint pen, a gel pen, or a fountain pen?)

I get ink stains almost daily since I'm always jotting down notes or making to-do lists. I could do it on my phone but there's something about a piece of paper and a good pen....

When was the last time you drove a vehicle with wing vents? I still miss them.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I get ink stains almost daily since I'm always jotting down notes or making to-do lists. I could do it on my phone but there's something about a piece of paper and a good pen....

When was the last time you drove a vehicle with wing vents? I still miss them.
    Late 80's, my girlfriend had an 85 cabriolet...

When was the last time you flew a kite?

I have always wondered why people are always telling me to go fly a kite when I do not even own one. Probably 25 years ago a the park with my daughter. Can't be more specific than that as far as years ago, but the last time I flew one was at the park with her.

When was the last time you left your house without locking the doors?
    seeya
    dan

^A week ago yesterday, accidentally. #1 son is back home and we're trying to get used to the routine. We now have 3 cars and a 2-car garage, so he parks outside. We went out the front door to get to his car and I forgot to lock it. Thankfully, no one came in while we were gone.

When was the last time you played a card game, with real playing cards (not online or an app)?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19