Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: RIP Jeff Beck, Another Legend Has Passed

RIP Jeff Beck, Another Legend Has Passed

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/...es-1235486491/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: RIP Jeff Beck, Another Legend Has Passed

A talent lost.
    Godspeed and may he rest in peace.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I imagine he’s cruising along listening to freeway jam.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Great guitarist who did what he wanted.

This one has really bothered me. He did exactly what he wanted as was stated.

And Beck was one of the premier guitarists in history. Even by the high standards he set, he was somehow more than unique.
    The guitar in his hand was every bit equal to the brush in Vincent Van Gogh’s. And the immersive soundscape for the sincere listener just as vivid.

A virtuoso.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-12-2023 at 12:58 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Well said, kingcat

Top 5 all time Ax man. Put him behind SRV, Hendrix, Clapton and Eddie VH
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I have absolutely NO issues with that top 5, with Billy Gibbons on deck at #6...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Top 5 all time Ax man. Put him behind SRV, Hendrix, Clapton and Eddie VH
    That’s a great list for rock and blues, except that Beck crosses genres more so than those great players.
    Much more than a rock guitarist. The things he could do with his hands and fingers combined with using the guitar itself in ways others only touched on makes me wonder if he is not above the others as an all around player and musical artist. They will all be remembered along with several others, but Beck more so toward the artistic side of music as a whole. He will be a bigger name as time goes on I believe and was never fully appreciated. He is not the greatest rock guitarist. Neither was Chet Adkins but Chet could do what those players never could approach doing without masking the tone of a plain old guitar and clean amp with electronics (which I love).
    Chet could have done much of what those guitarist done however with just a little practice with the proper musical equipment for that particular style.

It’s all a matter of taste however and ear.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fab Five

So very sad. He was one of the five greatest to ever pick up a guitar.
    Real Fan since 1958

“Blow by Blow” forever changed the conversation about Jeff Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    I have absolutely NO issues with that top 5, with Billy Gibbons on deck at #6...
    Need to add a few if you do not mind, Mark Knopfler, Joe Walsh, Duane Allman, Jimmy Paige, David Gilmore, and Joe Perry in the rock category, and Roy Clark, and Chet Akins for the old men.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Need to add a few if you do not mind, Mark Knopfler, Joe Walsh, Duane Allman, Jimmy Paige, David Gilmore, and Joe Perry in the rock category, and Roy Clark, and Chet Akins for the old men.
    Do not mind at all and I will throw in a Jerry Reed...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Do not mind at all and I will throw in a Jerry Reed...
    Not trying to turn this into a top 100 list, but in the old man / country side, Glenn Campbell, and Vince Gill can’t be left off of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Not trying to turn this into a top 100 list, but in the old man / country side, Glenn Campbell, and Vince Gill can’t be left off of the list.

2 of the best, and they deserve credit for all the studio work they did that was never recognized in live performances. Glen was acclaimed as the best studio guitarist in Nashville, and Muscle Shoals. Vince got to shine with The Eagles. He and Walsh made quite a team for that group.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.