Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 47 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Ohio again sigh.

Getting up at 4:00 am tomorrow to drive 291 miles for a 2 hour appointment, then turn around and head home, 291 miles so I can make an 11:30 appointment in western KY on Tuesday, just a 320 mile round trip. Just 900 miles for 4 hours worth of customer face time. Arrrrrgh

Darrell, this is one time I did not get to make my own schedule
    Yeah, I'm not sure I prefer your schedule this time, Dan. That 4am on the getting up side, as opposed to the going to bed side, is at least as bad and potentially worse!

Be careful.

I only have one more show choir thing left and it's not for another month. Will be staying there, so no driving late night either.

I will miss those arriving home at 3 am trips, too, and wish I could complain about them some more lol.

Re: Last Post Wins

Extremely warm winter here in Kentucky, little snow (2.7" for the season here in Louisville--last year was 11.4").

Grass is greening up, early blooming trees are blooming, daffodils starting to emerge, AND just saw my first winged insect.

Makes me wonder what the mosquito/gnat/insect population is going to be like this summer.

I'll probably cut my grass for the first time in about 10-14 days.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

80 degrees last Friday, and flurries Saturday morning.

Back to 60 today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

As much as I complain about going to watch soccer games in the rain, when they called off the soccer game this afternoon in Tuscaloosa, I was very disappointed. Messed up my entire afternoon. I work better when I have something to look forward to at the end of the day (like leaving early to go to a soccer game.)

Home, once again. As long as everyone stays out of my way, every trip is a winner.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

Decided to test my LTE connection on my phone today while at work. That's better than my wired Internet connection back in Virginia, especially the upload speed.

Honestly, I think it might be even faster than that because Google Play Store downloads at 11MBps which is 88Mbps. I guess that's what having heavy competition does.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Flying, Pedro.

Holy crap. where is that? Do you live INSIDE a cell tower or something?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Holy crap. where is that? Do you live INSIDE a cell tower or something?
    That's inside my building at work, in a suburb of Seattle. At the place I'm renting in Kirkland, WA I get slightly worse 57/11 speeds over LTE. Though tomorrow my home Internet gets hooked up, symmetric 150 for $70/mo.

Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-02-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

Just to rub it in, here is my home connection installed today. Never had an upload faster than my download.

Incredible speed. Wow, that upload number.

That's pretty amazing actually.....
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Pedro, I don't think I like you anymore.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

This does btw highlight the gap in services in this country, just as electricity in the mid 1900s. I have buyers who are on such slow connections for our live simulcast internet biding that it's closer to dialup speed than broadband. They also have to pay through the nose for it. It's time for rural internet cooperatives (and there are in fact some of them).

It also highlights the price discrimination against businesses that IMO should be illegal in this situation where you have basically unregulated utilities. I can get 60 megs for my house for something like $30-$50 a month, for my business I pay over $120 for 10 megs. I can GET those kinds of speeds, I just can't afford it for a business, even though my business uses FAR less bandwidth than the average household streaming Netflix.

Things you can learn on Twitter and in Wikipedia:

This tweet about a Korean who served in 3 different armies--Japanese, Soviet and German--in WWII caused me to go to Wikipedia and read his story, which contained a link to another entry about an American Soldier who served in both the 101st Airborne and the Red Army during WWII:

Joseph Beyrle

According to the article, one of Beyrle's sons served as Ambassador to Russia from 08-12. Crazy stuff.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Pedro, I don't think I like you anymore.

This does btw highlight the gap in services in this country, just as electricity in the mid 1900s. I have buyers who are on such slow connections for our live simulcast internet biding that it's closer to dialup speed than broadband. They also have to pay through the nose for it. It's time for rural internet cooperatives (and there are in fact some of them).

It also highlights the price discrimination against businesses that IMO should be illegal in this situation where you have basically unregulated utilities. I can get 60 megs for my house for something like $30-$50 a month, for my business I pay over $120 for 10 megs. I can GET those kinds of speeds, I just can't afford it for a business, even though my business uses FAR less bandwidth than the average household streaming Netflix.
    It is amazing what having real competition does. I had 5 ISPs to choose from in my current place. They varies in service from rubbish DSL to Comcast to FiberOptic to a couple others. I pay $70/month with just a CAT5 outlet in my wall (no modem or related fees). We need to find ways to increase competition before removing consumer protections. As for business service, it used to be that those were guaranteed speeds with guaranteed uptime and a guaranteed repair window. Unfortunately, for many cable type ISPs that is no longer the case. It is just more expensive consumer grade internet.

My "business class' internet is less reliable than the service at my house, and they don't care. I can get a quicker service call, but having to have more of them doesn't really help me feel like I'm getting a better value.

I have cable or dsl, that's it. Well Verizon has cell modems but those are even more expensive. So how do you have so many ISPs there? are they wireless or what?

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Things you can learn on Twitter and in Wikipedia:

This tweet about a Korean who served in 3 different armies--Japanese, Soviet and German--in WWII caused me to go to Wikipedia and read his story, which contained a link to another entry about an American Soldier who served in both the 101st Airborne and the Red Army during WWII:

Joseph Beyrle

According to the article, one of Beyrle's sons served as Ambassador to Russia from 08-12. Crazy stuff.
    Really interesting story.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Bombino

My "business class' internet is less reliable than the service at my house, and they don't care. I can get a quicker service call, but having to have more of them doesn't really help me feel like I'm getting a better value.

I have cable or dsl, that's it. Well Verizon has cell modems but those are even more expensive. So how do you have so many ISPs there? are they wireless or what?
    Your experience has basically been my parents offices experience with TWC. Between a dozen service calls and my help with basically bypassing their stupid router we finally have something stable.

Two DSL providers, a fixed line provider, Frontier FIOS (fiber optic) and Comcast. Some of the apartment complexes around here have an additional provider that uses microwave line-of-sight transmission to central towers to offer symetric gigabit to all of their tenants. There are three or four of those lines) kinds of providers, the apartment complex usually chooses one of them.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.

What I need to do is swap out their router. They're junk. The cheapo $100 one I bought for the house works better.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

What I need to do is swap out their router. They're junk. The cheapo $100 one I bought for the house works better.
    Their combo routers are freaking horrible. A level of instability that can't be tolerated in a home, let alone business, setting. Worst of all, they make you PAY FOR IT.

Honest advice, if you aren't using them for VoIP get a Motorola SB6183 as your modem. Then back it up with a Ubiquiti or RouterBoard based system. Even better, if you have the time, is an x86 based platform like pfSense, Untangle or smoothwall distro for handing routing. Then some decent quality access points (Ubiquiti, Cisco, Aruba networks, etc.) for everything else.

Hell even an old WRT54G WITH DD-WRT is more stable than the **** they try to pass off as top of the line. I ran my parents office off of an old DOCSIS 2.0 Motorola modem, WRT54GS running DD-WRT and a Netgear gigabit unmanaged switch. That setup was rock solid for 8 yrs without a single drop, until my parents switched their business phone service.

If you are using them for VoIP get a tech to disable the routing function (if you can't do it yourself) setting their router to pass through mode. Then follow the above.

behind their stuff I use a Peplink, I love it. Really good router. I've used ubiquiti for wireless for many many years, going back to when we built our own wireless boxes. Right now my wifi needs are primitive, so that's OK.

In fact we built the boxes with routerboard cards, then ubiquiti came out with a good self contained unit and I switched to it.

But I need to swap out the dsl and cable modem boxes and see if that helps things.

I do have VOIP over one of them now, any recommendations on what to use to replace it if I do use VOIP? I have a Motorola off the shelf unit at the house, it works pretty good, better than their unit but I need to do the business units.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 03-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.

I woke up this morning to find my credit card company asking me via text message if I had purchased $3,000 from a clothing store at 4:38 a.m.

Back in the day, I may have done some dumb things at that hour, but buying clothes wasn't one of them.

The joy of credit card fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I woke up this morning to find my credit card company asking me via text message if I had purchased $3,000 from a clothing store at 4:38 a.m.

Back in the day, I may have done some dumb things at that hour, but buying clothes wasn't one of them.

Ouch!

Been there--this past May I was sitting in my niece's college graduation at Marshall University when I got a text asking if I'd just spent $179 at a McDonalds in Paris France. I answered back "No" and then thought "Who's in Paris and would go to a McDonalds? And who would spend $179 at a McDonalds?"

Regardless, had to go through the process of cancelling/reordering cards. Ugh.

Yours was *almost* worth letting them do it. I would have been interested in seeing what the next charge would have been .

Bombino

behind their stuff I use a Peplink, I love it. Really good router. I've used ubiquiti for wireless for many many years, going back to when we built our own wireless boxes. Right now my wifi needs are primitive, so that's OK.

In fact we built the boxes with routerboard cards, then ubiquiti came out with a good self contained unit and I switched to it.

But I need to swap out the dsl and cable modem boxes and see if that helps things.

I do have VOIP over one of them now, any recommendations on what to use to replace it if I do use VOIP? I have a Motorola off the shelf unit at the house, it works pretty good, better than their unit but I need to do the business units.
    Haven't used Peplink before. Unfortunately, VoIP locks you into their stuff, I have yet to encounter an aftermarket modem with VoIP included. I usually just have them turn off the wireless and routing functions (basically making it a dumb modem) and they behave reasonable enough. In general, the Motorola (now Arris) SurfBoard cable modems are about the best you can get for home and small business (large businesses don't do cable) but if you need VoIP you are out of luck.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Damn, that sucks. At least it isn't identify theft, if that is any consolation, that crap is way way worse.

There's no special VOIP equipment, it's through RingCentral. I could go with the cable VOIP option I had it but RC was cheaper and I was using it elsewhere and they have way better functions like the phone app for it.

It's a little choppy at times though. I need to work on it. I have a very long list of things on which I need to work.

My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com