Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: ihob.....

ihob.....

I hate it.

Re: ihob.....

I assume they hired the marketing people who came up with New Coke or the brainiacs who dropped the Colonel from the KFC branding.

b/c when you've spent decades and decades and spent tens of millions if not hundreds of millions to build up a brand, the thing you need to do next is radically alter or abandon that brand identification. I get they don't do pancakes only, but everyone knows "IHop".

Sometimes people are too clever for their own good.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I heard somebody say that it stood for an employee mumbling under their breath, "I hate our business."

Hysterical -- Wendy's twitter account was asked if they were just going to let ihob sell burgers on their block.

Wendy's Twitter responded:

"Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard."

In reading an article on it, it appears that most restaurants will only change interior signage. Tells me this is a big publicity stunt. The outside will remain IHOP.

Strange

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hysterical -- Wendy's twitter account was asked if they were just going to let ihob sell burgers on their block.

Wendy's Twitter responded:

"Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard."
    Ouch. man whoever does the Wendy's account is really really good.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

In reading an article on it, it appears that most restaurants will only change interior signage. Tells me this is a big publicity stunt. The outside will remain IHOP.
    IMO that's exactly what we'll see happen. I think they're jerking everyone's chain for the PR, but then again they may make the change and figure it's worth it for the PR they are getting. They are getting their 15 minutes in the internet-verse for the move.

Keith Plummer
    @XianMind
    Just had a burger at IHOP. There's a reason it's not IHOB.

9:12pm · 18 Jun 2015 · Twitter for Android

9:12pm · 18 Jun 2015 · Twitter for Android
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

ihob.....

Read the tweet again.

(It didn't age well).
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I assume they hired the marketing people who came up with New Coke or the brainiacs who dropped the Colonel from the KFC branding.

Or Vanderbilts Football's "We don't need your permission" campaign
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If that's not the worst of all-time (considering the timing), it's at least in the bottom 10.

If that's not the worst of all-time (considering the timing), it's at least in the bottom 10.
    Top 5 for sure. Bic pen famously did an ad campaign in spanish for their "get bic pens and don't make mistakes" slogan that, when translated, basically read as "get Bic pens and you wont' get pregnant". Hard to beat that one, or the Chevy "nova", which means "no go" in Spanish, but surely the Vandy one is top 5 ever.

seeya
    dan

I'd boycott them for being pretentious social media whores but I already refuse to eat there for lots of more important reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

I'd boycott them for being pretentious social media whores but I already refuse to eat there for lots of more important reasons.
    I probably eat there once or twice a year. Even have a gift card, I think. I'll use it, but will boycott after that.

IHOB sucks. Now all my cheesy jokes about “one legged waitresses working at the IHOP will no longer make sense.

Even though I figured it was fake and just a big publicity stunt, it irritates me they did this. My wife confirmed that we have a gift card, so I'll use that (I'm not going to let that convert to pure profit for them) and then boycott thereafter.

I don't think it's a bad place to eat for breakfast foods. Not the best. The pancakes are ok. I'd actually rather go to Waffle House to eat inexpensive breakfast food (hey, I like the atomosphere. I'm an ordinary guy; it suits me.). But I'll avoid it now.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yeah, well, at least Vanderbilt has a win in football over Florida in the last several years.
    Unlike another football team I know of, 31 losses in a row and counting.
    I still can't believe that Stoops was stupid enough to lose a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter and caused us to lose to the worst Florida football team since the 70's.
    By one damn point. ONE DAMN POINT! 😠

But I'm the one that's wrong because he can't coach! 😠

ihob.....

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Yeah, well, at least Vanderbilt has a win in football over Florida in the last several years.
    Unlike another football team I know of, 31 losses in a row and counting.
    I still can't believe that Stoops was stupid enough to lose a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter and caused us to lose to the worst Florida football team since the 70's.
    By one damn point. ONE DAMN POINT! 😠

But I'm the one that's wrong because he can't coach! 😠
    I love us KY fans, only we can go from pancakes to Stoops sucks.lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I love us KY fans, only we can go from pancakes to Stoops sucks.lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was not intended to come out like that, but it just did.😉

seeya
    dan

Meh. It said it increased its burger sales significantly. I suspect most of those sales would have bought pancakes instead, likely a higher profit item than meat products.

Show me revenues, expenses before I'm convinced.

I don't know--I just hope that long-term, it hurts them.

Meh. It said it increased its burger sales significantly. I suspect most of those sales would have bought pancakes instead, likely a higher profit item than meat products.

Show me revenues, expenses before I'm convinced.

I don't know--I just hope that long-term, it hurts them.
    Your wisdom exceeds even your beauty. Maybe by more than a little.

Brand cannibalization. You can't increase sales by taking away from your own products. There is a good counter to that point, b/c you'd rather cannibalize your own product line than let someone else introduce a product and cannibalize it themselves, but in this case like you I'm severely dubious people went to IHOB for a burger who otherwise would not have gone there, but if visits were declining and this leveled them out then maybe they have something.

There's something wrong with me that I find this stuff interesting.