Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get your copy of Gone With The Wind while you still can

Get your copy of Gone With The Wind while you still can

Amazon/Ebay/Walmart no longer selling items with Confederate symbols on them.

The Dukes of Hazard's General Lee no longer for sale since it has a Confederate symbol on it.

Apparently Apple pulls all Civil War games with Confederate imagery in them:

https://mobile.twitter.com/allahpund...3794513920?p=v

Who wants to bet GWTW (either in print or on film) won't go at some point? I won't.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Re: Get your copy of Gone With The Wind while you still can

You know, I understand the symbolism in the movie due to the period in time that it depicts. That said..........it's just a movie. It's telling a story, and it has a plot firmly centered around a love-hate relationship. Not sure that it has anything else to do with any slavery issues aside from the historical time frame of the movie. JMHO. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember when I watched that movie eons ago with my Mom when she was still alive.
    MOLON LABE!

Americans are nothing if not insanely overreacting in their political correctness. Oh, and misdirected, b/c I'm really curious how removing Dukes of Hazard DVDs will prevent the next wacko from thinking like this person.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Sales halted by federal government dictate? http://www.infowars.com/amazon-staff...federate-flag/

Yeah, I had to throw out my Jonny Rebel thong

Last edited by Doc; 06-27-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Cultural fascism.

Vestiges of the Confederacy must be stomped out, but Che Guevara and Nation of Islam flags are fine. What?

I'm all for calling out racism, but I'm told by people that images of Che (a vicious bloodthirsty man the equal of any warlord) and the Nation of Islam I must tolerate b/c while some supporters are racists or fascists there are other meanings and other supporters who have nobler causes. Well that defines the Confederacy and the battle flag as well. Some who respect that flag are racists, but many are not.

Tolerance is great so long as it's tolerating what the Leftists and PC crowd want tolerated, but it goes out the window like a bullet when it's time to tolerate something they don't like. Hypocritical fascists with an agenda as based in fascism as any despot. They may not want everyone rounded up and shot, but they are fine with having them put down and forced into line, at the point of a gun if necessary.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 06-27-2015 at 02:21 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Liberals by and large are exceedingly intolerant.

OK, the world is ending. NASCAR wants to ban the battle flag? Where the F do they think they came from? That's like me not wanting to be seen with my own mother.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

That is wild to think Nascar would ban the flag. I didn't realize not selling Dukes of Harard stuff would stop at Amazon.

Three things:
    1) Whether that flag flies or not, that mentally sick person would have killed those folks. It is not easy to find a Rhodesian flag or a South African flag--he did. He didn't wear a Confederat flag when he killed those innocent people.
    2) It means different things to different people. I see heritage. Others see a legacy of oppression and hate. The Confederate States of America, had they gained their independence, would have established their national economy on the backs of human beings used and abused as slave labor. That is morally wrong. It needed to end. And had the South gained its independence, America and the world would have been a worse place.
    3) Maybe I am wrong but I see the flag issue as a statement of how powerful the gun lobby and the AMA is. Killing folks in a church after Sandy Hook and other issues tears at the heart strings. But to change the conversation from mental health problems (which is the root of this tragedy) or racism (which is a part of it) or the question of gun control over a flag's symbolism is quite interesting.

The battle flag is the sacrificial lamb. Forget getting people the right mental health care or debating guns, just tear down symbols and all will be right in the universe.

I think many people find the burning of the American flag offensive. I know I do but I've never suggested the banning of it. I understand the idea that the confederate flag shouldn't be flown over the state capital of SC. To me that makes sense. I'd object to a Muslim flag over a state capital or a Jewish flag etc.... however banning it from NASCAR or Amazon??? I find the Muslim flag offensive. The fact they decapitate Christians is offensive, and their treatment of women is as well, and lets not even talk about their treatment of Jews. Yet I can buy a HUMAS flag or a NATION OF ISLAM on Amazon.

Of course you can also buy this flag on Amazon. I know some find it offensive!

Last edited by Doc; 06-29-2015 at 04:26 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    2) It means different things to different people. I see heritage. Others see a legacy of oppression and hate. The Confederate States of America, had they gained their independence, would have established their national economy on the backs of human beings used and abused as slave labor. That is morally wrong. It needed to end. And had the South gained its independence, America and the world would have been a worse place.
    The removal of the battle flag from public view represents something far different to me. It represents the quashing of First Amendment rights, and I am appalled by the ease at which people have rolled over and allowed the rights of free expression to be alienated.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The removal of the battle flag from public view represents something far different to me. It represents the quashing of First Amendment rights, and I am appalled by the ease at which people have rolled over and allowed the rights of free expression to be alienated.
    I agree 100%. Seems one group of people have told another group of people what they can and can not do (or what they can express). IMO its no different than somebody prohibiting a group from burning the American Flag. I disagree with flag burning but its their right to do it. I've always supported their right to do it. Now we have established that a group has the right to squash another groups right to express their beliefs because it hurts their feelings! IMO that is a sad road we have gone down

TV Land pulls Dukes of Hazard reruns:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...dukes-hazzard/

No more Amos 'n Andy reruns, either...

Wonder how long before they pull this from the online version of the encyclopedia?

http://www.britannica.com/search?que...0battle%20flag
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Can they just remove the car, and leave Catherine Bach in her Daisy Dukes? Or her bikini?

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post

So therefore?

If she ways the same as a duck, then... she's a witch!

Burn her! burn! burn!

Birmingham caves to political correctness, votes to remove Confederate monument from park

http://yellowhammernews.com/faithand...m=Read+more___

Bombino

Can anyone explain why one group’s heritage is more valuable than others heritage? We have people who go to great lengths to tear another apart. The Rebel Flag is as much a heritage for the people of the south as the Stars and Stripes is for America. Having to take down a monument that honored someone or something is asinine. So is trashing the Rebel Flag. Irish-American, German-American, Italian-American, and others have their heritage, and flags. We have celebrations all over the country every year that include these different heritages. What’s next, do we do away with all heritages?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yeah, I had to throw out my Jonny Rebel thong

I was scrolling down this thread not looking at the names of the poster on the left and came upon this and said, "That's gotta be from Doc..." Yep!

Here in StL there's a move to remove a confederate monument that's in Forest Park...I'm sure the politicians will cave in and remove it.

Well as long as the liberals are touting this as something the conservatives are being "Pro-confederate flag", I figured I'd post this

because we all know that only the right redneck racist would ever embrace the confederate flag

But one thing we do know is that Hillary is true blue all American even down to her skivies

After seeing that, YOU CAN GUARANTEE IT WILL NEVER BE IN FAVOR OF REMOVING THE AMERICAN FLAG!!!
    Last edited by Doc; 07-02-2015 at 11:34 AM.

seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

I wish someone could explain this phenomenon to me. I get it if I live on the frontier of the planet in Massachusetts in the 1600s when bleeding with leeches is considered sound reasoning, but I'm at a loss to explain this kind of mass hysteria in the modern era without wondering if General Ripper was right about fluoridation.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I wish someone could explain this phenomenon to me. I get it if I live on the frontier of the planet in Massachusetts in the 1600s when bleeding with leeches is considered sound reasoning, but I'm at a loss to explain this kind of mass hysteria in the modern era without wondering if General Ripper was right about fluoridation.
    Easy. Liberals voice their displeasure very loudly. Conservatives sit back and take it. And many with power have no backbone

Disney removes Confederate flag from American Adventure pavilion in Epcot:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/epcot-re...re-attraction/

This one's especially odd since part of the film deals with a family split by the Civil War as brothers fight on different sides. Will they also pixillate the Confederate imagery in that part of the film?

Will they also pixillate the Confederate imagery in that part of the film?
    Not if it costs them more to edit the files than they think it will recover in sales.
    seeya
    dan