Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Facebook Guys...is there an elegant solution to this

I don't have a Facebook page. Don't want one. But my wife has one.

I can log into it on a Facebook app I have on my phone, and do that from time to time. She follows my daughter's school, obviously, family, etc. But a ton of other folks, and certain members of her family who post constant annoying political propaganda.

Is there a way to unfollow those people, but just on the Facebook app? Or just follow a few people on the Facebook app, so I can quickly scan it to see if family/school/etc. has posted something, but not have to wade through everything else.

I don't want to do it if it will mess up the "main" Facebook account, and there may not be a way to do it.

Re: Facebook Guys...is there an elegant solution to this

I don't think so, D. Whatever you do on your phone in Facebook would be the same as what's on your wife's computer AFAIK.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Thanks, badrose. That makes sense, but I thought I would ask.

Fab Five

You bring up the most disgusting part of facebook. First off I have limited friends to college friends, football friends, Kentucky friends, and family. Probably less than 80 people. There a few that don’t meet that criteria. I generally remind those with the most offensive posts that their friendship means a lot, enough to overcome their poorly researched political commentary. I have come to understand that the political views of some are the result of their fears. But, generally I quickly scroll past political commentary. It keeps what little sanity I have in tact. I spend most of the time on facebook with groups I have joined. Most are very informative. There is too much good information out there to totally ignore facebook altogether.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    You bring up the most disgusting part of facebook. First off I have limited friends to college friends, football friends, Kentucky friends, and family. Probably less than 80 people. There a few that don’t meet that criteria. I generally remind those with the most offensive posts that their friendship means a lot, enough to overcome their poorly researched political commentary. I have come to understand that the political views of some are the result of their fears. But, generally I quickly scroll past political commentary. It keeps what little sanity I have in tact. I spend most of the time on facebook with groups I have joined. Most are very informative. There is too much good information out there to totally ignore facebook altogether.
    Mick, I like the groups a lot. I usually check out things like a couple of theatre things for my daughter for possible auditions and such for her. There are some other ones I like. And truthfully, most of the political discussion I agree with--I just get tired of it. And there are "some" that won't check out anything; they'll just blindly forward stuff that I've probably already seen before.

I spend a good deal of my "spare" time here, and that's my hobby, and I'm good with that. So I don't have the extra time to do the same on Facebook and such. I'd rather spend 5 minutes and see what I want. Why family and friends can't post pics of themselves, their kids, their trips, their sports teams, etc. I don't know. Why they think it's a platform to relay their political feelings, I don't know. It just seems ill-suited for that.

But I'm getting old and cranky, I suppose. Who knows?

Darrell, have you thought of setting up your own account? You can then choose what you want to view without impacting what your wife sees.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Darrell, have you thought of setting up your own account? You can then choose what you want to view without impacting what your wife sees.
    And keep much of it private, and don't accept any friends other than the kids and that small group.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    And keep much of it private, and don't accept any friends other than the kids and that small group.
    Yep. You could even use a fake name. Follow who wish. Avoid the rest. If I was starting over this what I would do.

My page is pretty private. I mostly update my girls pics a few times a year.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk