Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Mike Edwards UK's 13th FB Commitment Today

Re: Mike Edwards UK's 13th FB Commitment Today

1. J.Rowland@RowlandRIVALS50m
    2. UK's class is not just quantity; star average is = or > than 10 of top 25 classes. 11 of 13 commits at least 5.7 Rivals Rating.
    3. J.Rowland@RowlandRIVALS54m

Edwards' commitment will move Kentucky's class to #7 in the nation, between Clemson and Alabama, and #3 in the Southeastern Conference.

It just keeps getting better.

Darius Rice told this guy he was going to UK.

Quote Originally Posted by akaukswoosh View Post
    Edwards' commitment will move Kentucky's class to #7 in the nation, between Clemson and Alabama, and #3 in the Southeastern Conference.
    Do class rankings even matter this far from NSD? Half our verbals could flip between now and February.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Do class rankings even matter this far from NSD? Half our verbals could flip between now and February.
    They could flip but I think the current ratings help with recruiting momentum.

Could get another before midnight

Wow. I'm seriously impressed with Stoops. I've been listening quietly in the background to the incessant unfounded optimism from the football faithful for years while quietly rolling my eyes. However, this time I think they are right. If we can keep this guy for 6-7 years, we'll finally have a program we can be proud of.

If we can keep this guy for 6-7 years, we'll finally have a program we can be proud of.
    Bob's first HC job is OK and he has been there for14 yrs
    Mike"s first HC job is AZ and he was there for 8 years before being let go

If Mark"s loyalty genes are anything like those of his brothers, he will not use UK as a stepping stone if UK lives up to their end of the deal.

Hoping that is the case
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I don't think the ranking will hold because the SEC signs so much talent. But I do think UK will have a class top to bottom with kids that are legit SEC players. I also think this is already a very close group and will pressure each other to stay together. They know what kind of year UK is in for. Heck we were 2-10 and Stoops signed a top 30 class with only two weeks. Unreal stuff.

Darius West, TV Williams, Blake Bone could all be close

This, Sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Bob's first HC job is OK and he has been there for14 yrs
    Mike"s first HC job is AZ and he was there for 8 years before being let go

If Mark"s loyalty genes are anything like those of his brothers, he will not use UK as a stepping stone if UK lives up to their end of the deal.

Hoping that is the case
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

You know Pappy, I may have been to hasty in laying the behavior off to loyalty. After thinking about it a bit, I am leaning more toward pride in what they have built and ownership of the same. They don't walk off and leave their creation and continue to make it better.

I like that better.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

If hes as successful as I hope he is theres no reason we cant at least make it very tough to leave. With the money the sec will bring in we should be able to match most salary offers. Not all, but most. He still may want a bigger name, maybe a better shot at titles etc like cal wanted when he came to uk, but there wont be any excuse for losing him over money or staff salaries or other budget issues.

Put uk in the top third of the sec and I guarantee we could build and fill a studium befitting that status.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I think loyalty may play a part, having given them their first chance at being a Head Coach, and Pride a part too, but remember pride goeth before a fall! (Barnhart and Joker).

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You know Pappy, I may have been to hasty in laying the behavior off to loyalty. After thinking about it a bit, I am leaning more toward pride in what they have built and ownership of the same. They don't walk off and leave their creation and continue to make it better.

I like that better.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacat View Post
    I don't think the ranking will hold because the SEC signs so much talent. But I do think UK will have a class top to bottom with kids that are legit SEC players. I also think this is already a very close group and will pressure each other to stay together. They know what kind of year UK is in for. Heck we were 2-10 and Stoops signed a top 30 class with only two weeks. Unreal stuff.
    Good stuff, and I agree that they won't be able to finish with such a high ranking. I do think they can reel in a class ranked in the top 20, though.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

No, UK won't finish 7th. More like 12th or so.