Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Please don't wake me up yet.......

If old guys like myself, Mick, Larry V, Lonny, Darrell and others appear to be giddy over our football recruiting, please forgive us. I know the majority here are more basketball minded, and who can blame you, we love basketball too. But for long suffering fans such as ourselves this recruiting prowess we're showing is other worldly right now!

Re: Please don't wake me up yet.......

I'm so excited about football recruiting I really don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I'm young compared to you old codgers. Lol. Like you however, I am stoked at the level of recruiting we have seen thus far. If these guys can coach and develop talent half as good as they've been able to recruit, then we are on the verge of something very special!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    If old guys like myself, Mick, Larry V, Lonny, Darrell and others appear to be giddy over our football recruiting, please forgive us. I know the majority here are more basketball minded, and who can blame you, we love basketball too. But for long suffering fans such as ourselves this recruiting prowess we're showing is other worldly right now!

Count me among the old coots, but I m with you on this one.
    Not since Blanton Collier have we had this much reason to be giddy bout football. I'll probably catch Hell for not mentioning the Mumme years; it was fun to watch, but not real hopeful for a successful outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    I'm young compared to you old codgers. Lol. Like you however, I am stoked at the level of recruiting we have seen thus far. If these guys can coach and develop talent half as good as they've been able to recruit, then we are on the verge of something very special!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Lovingggggg it.

Forum Runner Phone Post.

Let me be the Debbie downer a little..I'm not celebrating till the letters are signed...going to be a rough year...I will always have that little feeling of negative about UK football, need to see some results to be 100% on board..it's a start though

Rivals updated Team Rankings has Kentucky # 6.

Forum Runner Phone Post.

Rupp's Runt

I sort of agree with anderwt a little, but then again too I also find myself agreeing with Pappy too.

I do believe what I am seeing this staff do so far on the recruiting trail, and in relation to past endeavors their efforts and results are nothing short of outstanding. Where my concerns are is in what kind of results we see on the field this year. I want to believe that we have enough talent to attain 6 wins and a bowl bid. I also see that we play the toughest schedule in the entire country this season. So I am officially in the corner that says we'll have to wait and see how the season plays out.
    But I am in agreement with most of our older members here (of which I admit that I am one of) in that I do believe the future for Kentucky football is very bright indeed!
    MOLON LABE!

I do agree that excitement should be tempered a bit. It's early, we have a bunch more signees than some of the others, the top players always wait to commit so the big dogs will shoot up the rankings in January/February... but to even be in these waters at any time of the year is unprecedented and exciting. The Nico Fioris commitment has us up to #4 in Rivals. Sure, we won't finish that high, but you gotta like our chances of finishing in the top 15 or at least 20.

Then you saddle up and do it again. That's the thing with college sports, there's no "season" or "offseason", there's just "recruiting season" all day every day. I'm excited to see what we can do 2014, 2015 and beyond. After a few years I'd expect these competitive classes to yield competitive results.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Crunched some numbers, and here's how the "point" averages shake out in Rivals. I feel like their point system is more exact than the star system and We're #20 in point average, which is probably around where I'd expect to finish. Which would nevertheless be amazing.

Team Commits ***** **** *** Star Avg Points Point Avg
    Notre Dame 11 2 6 3 3.91 1433 130.2727273
    Clemson 10 1 5 4 3.7 1290 129
    Michigan 11 1 4 6 3.55 1366 124.1818182
    Texas A&M 13 0 8 5 3.62 1614 124.1538462
    Alabama 10 0 6 3 3.5 1176 117.6
    LSU 10 0 6 3 3.5 1131 113.1
    Florida State 10 0 5 5 3.5 1125 112.5
    Auburn 9 0 4 5 3.44 996 110.6666667
    Arkansas 4 0 2 2 3.5 440 110
    Florida 10 0 5 4 3.4 1068 106.8
    Miami (FL) 11 0 6 4 3.45 1160 105.4545455
    Tennessee 15 0 6 9 3.4 1570 104.6666667
    Georgia 8 1 3 2 3.57 834 104.25
    Washington 3 0 2 1 3.67 310 103.3333333
    Ohio State 10 0 5 4 3.56 1028 102.8
    Texas 15 0 5 10 3.33 1448 96.53333333
    Virginia 7 1 1 2 3 669 95.57142857
    West Virginia 2 0 1 1 3.5 189 94.5
    UCLA 4 0 2 2 3.5 375 93.75
    Kentucky 15 0 4 10 3.29 1388 92.53333333
    Iowa 5 0 2 3 3.4 457 91.4
    Stanford 3 0 2 0 3.33 272 90.66666667
    Penn State 11 0 3 7 3.18 996 90.54545455
    Wisconsin 6 0 2 3 3.17 540 90
    Minnesota 3 0 1 1 3 270 90
    Louisiana-Lafayette 1 0 0 1 3 90 90
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

I think SalsaKat's method is probably the best for a simple projection, so right around the #20 class (which would be probably #8-9 SEC.) Of course with the start they have there's the possibility they can focus more on higher ranked recruits. I can see a top 15 class as a realistic possibility.

Fans always overrate the impact of the current season on recruiting. They see a disaster or a bunch of highly rated new commitments in every win or loss. We will probably see some shakeup regardless, players who are swayed to flip or run into academic or injury issues. However, my gut feeling is that most of these guys are solid. I think it would take a perfect storm of bad - these coaches turning out to be totally incompetent, major mismanagement of relations with recruits, etc. - to see any significant negative changes. Sure, it's the SEC, but Stoops is regarded as one of the top defensive coaches in the nation and Brown one of the brightest young offensive coaching stars. They seem to have handled everything internally and externally as well as anyone could ask. I don't blame Anderwt and others for being cautious, that's smart; but I'm not going to sweat it too much!

Joker was a big mistake ..The Coach in waiting idea was flawed.Look what Stoops has been able to accomplish.and it only gets better..Keep it going guys..Yahztee!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupp Manager View Post
    Joker was a big mistake ..The Coach in waiting idea was flawed.Look what Stoops has been able to accomplish.and it only gets better..Keep it going guys..Yahztee!
    Can't disagree.

Forum Runner Phone Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Rivals updated Team Rankings has Kentucky # 6.

Forum Runner Phone Post.
    Now if we can just add Matt E to the crowd, we'll definitely be in tall cotton. I too am one of the old geezers, a fan back to the days of Bryant, and now for the first time in years and years I by-pass basketball articles to get to the football news. But I'm also among the few that feel we're taking our first baby steps and will have a long way to go even after this 2014 class is on board before we can hope to be a real contender in the always tough SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimcats View Post
    Now if we can just add Matt E to the crowd, we'll definitely be in tall cotton. I too am one of the old geezers, a fan back to the days of Bryant
    I salute you Jim ("old timer") With ya' on Matt. Can't say we aren't trying
    https://twitter.com/FballIsLife69/st...419648/photo/1

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain