Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Article on Rash of Kentucky Lawyer Suicides

Article on Rash of Kentucky Lawyer Suicides

Re: Article on Rash of Kentucky Lawyer Suicides

I graduated from law school with Brent Travelsted and didn't realize he'd passed until I read the article. Shocked and saddened to read it. Great guy from south central Kentucky and also has a sister who practices law in that area.

There are a million reasons why someone may think of doing such a thing, but generally attorneys are very proud, bordering on arrogant, and it's very difficult for many of us who are dealing with these issues to ask for help.

I think there's going to have to be a cultural change within the attorney community where we acknowledge it's OK to seek help. I also graduated with Yvette Hourigan and I've heard her speak on behalf of the KYLAP before, and she does a great job of getting the message out.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 06-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Article on Rash of Kentucky Lawyer Suicides

It can be a tough job, not because of the tasks called upon to accomplish, but the circumstances surrounding it.