Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Snodgrass Is Watching UK's FB Class Ranking Rise

Snodgrass Is Watching UK's FB Class Ranking Rise

Re: Snodgrass Is Watching UK's FB Class Ranking Rise

It's going to rise some more pretty soon I would think. Stoops, Brown, Marrow, etc. are amazing and Barker is all over elite talent as well. Unless the Cats just fall apart on the field it will be a top 15 class. Or better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    It's going to rise some more pretty soon I would think. Stoops, Brown, Marrow, etc. are amazing and Barker is all over elite talent as well. Unless the Cats just fall apart on the field it will be a top 15 class. Or better.
    Sadly though as it is the SEC, it may only be 7th in the conference. M

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Buckle your seat belt. On the field next year we still have Joker's recruits. These guys won't be on campus for another year assuming we sign them all, and unless you believe they are all capable of winning SEC games as freshmen, there is a good chance we aren't a winner for three more years.
    This staff is at a completely higher level than the staff of the last three years. But on the field we will struggle to win games.

I love the enthusiasm for football, but our fans really need to take an honest look at what we have on the field. There are still significant talent gaps.

We have some talent now, it was just mis- and under-used the last few years, plus guys like Za'Darius Smith and Javess Blue will have immediate impacts this fall. Also the offense will be different, the defense will be different, and undoubtedly the most important of all, the mindset will be different. We may not be significantly better talent-wise for another couple of years, but we'll see a markedly better team this fall.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

I don't know that I fully agree with you, Mick. There was talent on the team before Stoops & Co. arrived, I just think they weren't being coached properly.
    With an influx of better talent, and with lots of the empty positions being manned by those talented incoming freshmen, and with the existing talent being used in a more proficient manner, I just have to believe we will be better than many think we will be. And there is evidence of that already, in that opposing coaches are bringing that up on the recruiting trail, lending credence(IMHO)to the thought that everyone else in the SEC is paying close attention to what's going on in Lexington, and they're concerned about it.
    Of course, we haven't won any games yet under Stoops & Co., but we will......it is sure to happen. Maybe not right away, but I have no doubts that is IS going to happen. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN.
    I just have a feeling, and mind you that's all it is, it's just a feeling, but I am beginning to feel like Kentucky is going to be THE MOST IMPROVED STORY in college football next season. It remains to be seen, but once again, there's that feeling............
    MOLON LABE!

suncat, I am in Mick's camp on this one. Yes there is talent on the team and was when Coach Stoops and company arrived, BUT in large part that talent is at best, 10th to 12th in the SEC as a group. It is likely that one or two players will shine and surprise all, but that is not enough to COMPETE for wins regularly in the SEC. I expect the team to compete at a higher level than they did last year, but it will still result in losses against the SEC teams they must play this season. I hope I am wrong, but that is what I expect to see.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Agree with Mick to a point. There is no "playmaking talent" in the upper classes that were left for Coach Stoops.

I don't think its fair to judge some of our players on the basis of what they were able to accomplish under the previous staff. Some of them like DeMarcus Sweat appeared to have play-making abilities but barely got on the field last year. We've also got Josh Clemons back this year and a couple of speedy freshmen receivers coming in with Timmons and Badet. Add in some defensive play-making from Za'Darius Smith and things might get pretty interesting this fall.

None of these guys are upperclassmen, but there is talent on this team that can win right away. When one considers all the injuries we had last year, we could have easily won at least a couple more games if we could have stayed relatively healthy. Looked at in that context, improving to a 6 or 7 win season this year is not that far fetched at all.
    changing my signature to change our luck.