Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Bombino

Words of Wisdom from Terrence Jones: Possible Advice to Andrew Wiggins?

People who are familiar with my website from way back probably know that it started as basically a series of articles I wrote addressing various 'Misconceptions' about Kentucky basketball.

The reason I did this was I was tired to arguing with fans of other schools and figured it was a better use of time to just document my argument on a webpage which I could reference, rather than argue the same points over and over again.

Fast forward to today and I recently added another Misconception page, as I've noticed that a number of rival fans keep trotting out the myth about John Calipari laying a guilt trip on Terrence Jones and twisting his arm to make him renege on his verbal commitment to Washington.

I recently put that page online at the following address

Link to Article on Terrence Jones and the Decision

One quote from Jones that I found especially vital, is something that perhaps Andrew Wiggins (or anybody really) can take to heart.

The quote is "I'm so glad that I stopped listening to other people and started listening to myself. This [Kentucky] is where I'm supposed to be."

Re: Words of Wisdom from Terrence Jones: Possible Advice to Andrew Wiggins?

Quote Originally Posted by JPScott View Post
    The quote is "I'm so glad that I stopped listening to other people and started listening to myself. This [Kentucky] is where I'm supposed to be."
    Great quote. One of the many reasons I have not minded how long this process has gone. I think players like Noel, Wall, Wiggins, etc have tons of people in their ears, and in the end, do what is in their heart. I think that is UK.
    ~Puma~

Incredibly sound advice.

These kids are 18 and one year from making very big decisions, as big as this one or more so, and being among grown men with tough jobs, extensive travel, real life and work. He'll be an adult. Time to start getting used to standing on his own two feet. It's time for most any person as they go to college to start assuming some responsibility for their bigger decisions.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Great quote. One of the many reasons I have not minded how long this process has gone. I think players like Noel, Wall, Wiggins, etc have tons of people in their ears, and in the end, do what is in their heart. I think that is UK.
    It doesn't impact anything at this point until the guys start getting to campus in June. since it doesn't impact other recruiting and doesn't impact Cal's planning at this point I really don't care how long it's going on.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

I am so thankful that young man came to UK, one of my favorite and that takes a lot to do. Great young man.

Fiddlin' Five

Jon you really make things great for UK fans, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    I am so thankful that young man came to UK, one of my favorite and that takes a lot to do. Great young man.
    Same here. And if you asked me why, I'm not sure I could answer.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Same here. And if you asked me why, I'm not sure I could answer.
    Not the reason, but how he all but single handedly dismantled Baylor is worth a mention here IMO. Maybe the most complete half of basketball I've seen.

He is one of my favorites at UK...kid really sacrificed a lot by coming back and also taking on the role he did the second half of his freshman year..

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    He is one of my favorites at UK...kid really sacrificed a lot by coming back and also taking on the role he did the second half of his freshman year..

I agree 110%

I used to say that Poythress wasnt going to be like Jones (referring to the motor). Wow did i get a kick in the face....now i just Wish he was like Jones. Terrance had a minor case of Poythress, but nothing like Alex. Both have a body and skillset that can dominate games. I think both of their problem at times is just that they are young and havent let their games catch up with their bodies. Good kids.
    Go Cats!

One and Done

Yes he was

JV Team

On the issue of how long this is taking with Wiggins, I smile when I hear grown adults talking about how tired they are of this type of recruiting. There are dates in place so that these kids have the time that they need to make the most important decision in their college lives, that date isn't up yet but for some you would think they were taking pain medicine to overcome his lack of making a decision. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Poetax View Post
    On the issue of how long this is taking with Wiggins, I smile when I hear grown adults talking about how tired they are of this type of recruiting. There are dates in place so that these kids have the time that they need to make the most important decision in their college lives, that date isn't up yet but for some you would think they were taking pain medicine to overcome his lack of making a decision. lol
    Very wise.

Sent using Forum Runner.