Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Barker tidbit

7 Time Ky Sportswriter
    of the Year

Barker tidbit

Spent almost an hour on the phone with his father. No, I didn't ask where Drew was going. But could sure tell family liked Stoops, Brown and Kentucky. Based on that conversation and what two others close to Drew have told me, going to stun me if he does not pick Kentucky

Fab Five

Re: Barker tidbit

Thanks for the info, Larry. You are all over it. I agree. He'll pick UK. I hope he has all the ability we all want to believe he has. Seems like a good kid.

going to stun me if he does not pick Kentucky

Same here.

If he doesn't pick UK, I'll be as stunned as I've ever been by any recruit, football or basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Thanks for the info, Larry. You are all over it. I agree. He'll pick UK. I hope he has all the ability we all want to believe he has. Seems like a good kid.
    Me too, but Brown and Stoops seem to be really, really high on him. Talent evaluation is obviously an imperfect science, and we obviously haven't had time to figure out how good this staff is in that respect. We have seen, though, that this staff has its **** together. So, I trust that they have put in the work required to make a thorough evaluation.

Thanks for passing along the info, LV.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Thanks, Larry.

JV Team

SC fans want to tell us why Barker will go with them because several ESPN guys said he is going there. As we know MOST sports media folks see that Kentucky and South Carolina are going after one of the TOP QBs and they all assume that he will go with Coach Superior. When Barker tweeted that he wanted everyone to be at the High School on Friday to help him celebrate his decision, I didn't hear anything about the South Carolina fans being mentioned? The Asst Coach from SC is a very good recruiter but hopefully he didn't take the country(Kentucky) out of this boy and he stays here to be a WILDCAT.
    Last edited by Poetax; 05-08-2013 at 08:15 PM.

S Carolina...Alabama sense of entitlement with Vanderbilt trophy case.

Sent using Forum Runner.