Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Wishlist/Neat things/cool things to buy time!

I use mine on prime rib. Boy I love making a prime rib, just don't get to do it very often.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Wishlist/Neat things/cool things to buy time!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Just got this yesterday, and tried it out today--FANTASTIC device.

It is called the "Sweat GUTR," (pronounced gutter), the "ultimate sweatband."

Here it is by itself, in the color I got it.

Very simple concept. Piece of medical grade silicone, goes around your forehead. Has a channel, or gutter, built in. Basically the sweat that used to go down your forehead into your eyes, instead channels off to the side. No more stinging eyes. I wear contacts, and it may hurt a little more because of that. No more having to wipe off sunglasses because sweat dripped on the lenses.

The silicone rubber does not smell. Comes in a bunch of colors--I got frost, which almost blends in with the skin. It does not absorb sweat like a normal sweatband would, it instead deflects and re-channels it. Just rinse it off under a faucet when you're done and it's ready to go.

Cost is about $15-20, depending on where you get it. It exceeded my expectations today. I ran 4 miles (what I call running, anyway), in just under an hour, and sweated profusely. But none down the front of my face, and none in my eyes. Great product. I am buying one for a friend of mine who saw it today and asked me if it worked, and said he could use it when he's working in his yard (a huge yard, and he's in it often).
    I know this is random, but as I hung up my hat and my sweat gutr to dry (I rinse them after using them to get the sweat/salt crystals off), I thought about this thread.

Since the initial purchase, I have bought two more for myself. Two of them stay in my house with two different "dry-fit type" hats, and one of them stays in my car with my dry-fit UK hat, in case I am caught out exercising and forgot, or otherwise need the sweat protection.

Two of them have become somewhat discolored--all three were the clear, or whatever they call it, and it has that "aged" look, or the look of having been out in the sun. So do I, so I guess that's ok. But other than that, they continue to work masterfully. Today I "ran" (old man slow jog) 3.63 miles in 97 degree heat. My hat, as usual, was completely soaked in sweat, as was my shirt and shorts. But not one drop of sweat hit my eyes. And remember, I am follicly-challenged, and sweating is maybe the thing I do best. In fact, today after my run, I continued to sweat (I sit on a towel at home for about 15 minutes after I drive home), and then usually take a shower and hope that after the shower I have stopped sweating. Today my wife and I needed to pick up my daughter's car from the mechanic after my run, so I sat and sweated for about 15 minutes, and then just dashed in the shower long enough to knock the sweat off, but not really take a shower. I was still sweating when I got into my car to leave.

Sunday I ran and wore my glasses rather than contact lens. Not one drop there, either.

It may not work for all people, due to differing sizes of foreheads or whatever, and I don't think it is as effective for bicycling or something where your head is down. But for me, it's as close to the perfect product as they make.

USUALLY the sweat drips down my temples, which is cooling and pleasant to me in 90+ degree weather. On rare occasion (but not so rare as to be surprising) I'll get a drip into my ears. I think it has to do with where I wear my earphones, which wrap around my head into my ears, but I don't know exactly why. Or maybe from the sunglasses. In any event, it's annoying when that happens, but my earphones are waterproof, and guaranteed sweat-resistant for the life of the device, and it has never stopped working.

Anyway, thought I would raise this necro-thread from the dead to mention the Sweat Gutr again.

A+++++ product. One of my favorite micro-purchases ever.