Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Vaught:Towns Says No UK Talk with Wiggins at Hoop Summmit

Vaught:Towns Says No UK Talk with Wiggins at Hoop Summmit

Karl Towns likes having Andrew Wiggins as “co-pilot” at Nike Hoop Summit, but no UK talk

Published April 18, 2013

Karl Towns photo courtesy Jenny
    Karl Towns photo courtesy Jenny Maag, USA Basketball.

By LARRY VAUGHT

Future Kentucky Wildcat Karl Towns, who plays for St. Joseph High School in Metuchen, N.J., is rooming with Andrew Wiggins, the nation’s No. 1 recruit out of Huntington (W.Va.) Prep, at the Nike Hoop Summit. He says the two are “good friends” and enjoying their time together.

“We are having a blast,” Towns said. “We are enjoying each other, enjoying time with each other. He is so athletic and skilled on the court. It’s easy to do a pick and roll with him. We are going to utilize that on Saturday along with the chemistry we have. Me and him are so outgoing with each other.”

Wiggins seems to have narrowed his list of colleges to Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas and Florida State. The nation’s No. 1 recruit has not announced a timetable for his decision and Towns isn’t asking — or trying to influence him.

“I haven’t talked to him about Kentucky at all,” Towns said. “He has so much talent, but we are good friends. I just wish him the best for any school he picks. I want to let him enjoy the time here and just be friends and talk basketball and play video games. Stuff like that.”

Normally Towns is the center of attention and that only escalated when he re-classified from the 2015 recruiting class to the 2014 class and then picked Kentucky several months ago.

“That has been nice. There are so many great players here. Sometimes you get used to having all the attention and being in the spotlight, but it is great to have someone here like Andrew. It’s very humbling to know he can help with anything I need. It’s nice to have a co-pilot in this big spotlight. That’s one reason I love being here at the Hoop Summit,” Towns said

http://vaughtsviews.com/karl-towns-l...ut-no-uk-talk/

Fiddlin' Five

Re: Vaught:Towns Says No UK Talk with Wiggins at Hoop Summmit

If it is UK, Towns knows and is just being coached by Cal to honor AW's desire to keep it confidential......this is the case with the other future UK players also

I respect Karl for being a good friend to Andrew and letting him relax a bit as far as his wild recruitment is concerned.

Can you imagine being under such pressure when you were 17? I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Ten View Post
    If it is UK, Towns knows and is just being coached by Cal to honor AW's desire to keep it confidential......this is the case with the other future UK players also
    I agree. Hard to believe they didn't discuss that elephant in the room.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.