Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

A tongue in cheek guide to gun safety

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: A tongue in cheek guide to gun safety

lol. I may have to try my hand at such a spoof. Goodness knows it's fertile ground.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Gotta wonder if those who know little or nothing about guns realize they sound pretty stupid to those who have even a rudimentary knowledge of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Gotta wonder if those who know little or nothing about guns realize they sound pretty stupid to those who have even a rudimentary knowledge of firearms.
    No, at least for the zealots who are convinced of their view on guns despite knowledge. That's the definition of a zealot to me regardless of cause, a passion for something that is so strong they actively avoid learning things that conflict with their view. Cuts on both liberals and conservatives, zealots exist in all parts of our society.

I don't mind that a lot of people don't know about guns or are afraid of them or believe stereotypes about them. I mind when they assume they are right without trying to learn and look past the spoon feeding of the media, and I dislike that about any issue.

If you didn't grow up around them I can see you not knowing a magazine is reusable. That's OK and understandable. My wife wasn't completely sure if of their life expectancy, wondered if part of the idea of the ban was that they'd wear out over time and thus the law would be more effective over time. That's fine, she didn't grow up with guns, but she hasn't spend years crusading for a magazine ban. If she'd been doing that she's an idiot. That's the difference.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.