Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Dumbest anti-gun politician ever?

Colorado Representative Diana DeGette, a major backer of the ban on high capacity magazines and long time anti-gun advocate, made statements in a public forum roundtable that will drop the jaw of gun owners. Here's the abbreviated part. It was in response to a question about the efficacy of banning high capacity mags given there are 40 million of them already in circulation:

These [high capacity magazines] are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.

I kid you not. This is a person writing laws we all have to obey. There's video and everything. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-michael-walsh

Her staff issued a "correction" that's actually just as dumb, I'm sure b/c this is one that is impossible to cover up so they were really grasping at straws:

“The congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism,”

That's great, except a) most clips can be reused just like magazines and the "feeding mechanism" is your finger and it's reusable too, and b) I have yet to see a 30 round clip. Most are 5 rounds or 10, already below the capacity of what she was talking about banning in her comments.

I can see someone who knows NOTHING about guns not understanding that magazines are RELOADABLE (hey we're green!), but those people I would hope wouldn't have spent years advocating their ban and not even know how they work and have the power of a Congressional vote and not due any diligence to learn about the issue.

No way around those comments. This person has advocated a ban on high capacity magazines for years, per her own staff, and has no clue what one is or how it works, which means she has no understanding of the impact of the ban she's advocating. none.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 04-05-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Dumbest anti-gun politician ever?

Here's the live video. It's stunning and beyond clear this is what she thinks, after YEARS of advocating their ban. If anyone ever tells you you're being cynical or narrow minded when you say there are people in Congress and government and corporate industry who are dumber than a box of hammers, send them the link to this person who is a US Congresswoman talking about one of her key issues.

People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I doubt she's the only one.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I doubt she's the only one.
    Agreed.

Hey, if a lay person doesn't know how magazines work, or the difference between a magazine and a clip, I'm 100% understanding of that. I don't expect someone who's never worked with or handled guns to know for certain how they work. I've had people ask me how they work, if they're reusable.

None of those people were US Congressmen advocating a ban though, and none of them presumed how they worked and lectured me on them.

FWIW Obama once again interchangeably used the "semi-auto" and "fully auto" terms in a thing in California. This lady is an idiot, Obama isn't. He knows what he's doing to convolute the issue.

I was guessing Wassserman-Schultz
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This lady is an idiot, Obama isn't.

I disagree, Obama is not only an idiot, but an ideologue idiot. He simply reads talking points staff members put in front of him.