Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cauley-Stein, Wiltjer to return to UK; Goodwin to enter name in NBA Draft - per UK

Cauley-Stein, Wiltjer to return to UK; Goodwin to enter name in NBA Draft - per UK

Just breaking.

Re: Cauley-Stein, Wiltjer to return to UK; Goodwin to enter name in NBA Draft - per U

Goodwin will not hire an agent.

Re: Cauley-Stein, Wiltjer to return to UK; Goodwin to enter name in NBA Draft - per U

Kentucky says additional announcements regarding "remaining players" will occur at a later date.

Interesting that Poy wasn't included in this release. Must be really giving it some serious thought.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Probably best for all. This means Wiggins to UK, IMO.

2-3 weeks ago I said we NEEDED WCS and Randle to be the national title favorite. Add AW and we are as prohibitive a favorite as any year ever.

Darryl

WCS coming back just tickles the sh!7 outta me!

Full Release:

http://t.co/xUB54VFleD

Wow.

I keep noticing the date though and hope that it doesn't matter

april fools ?

Noel not included in the announcement, either.

Archie will also stay in Lexington to complete his coursework.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Not often that Cal says "Although I wanted player to return...."

Well, nobody can say he "chased Goodwin off to open a scholarship" or anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockCat View Post

I think Poythress comes back for sure now

Very interesting that neither Alex Poythress or Nerlens Noel included in this announcement.

Noel is gone, no doubt about it. But why wait to announce that?

Poythress...maybe still deciding, who knows?

One and Done

Is Goodwin getting an agent or could he pull his name out?

Curious to see what happens. If he still leaves if they tell him to find a jump shot. This is a kid who might be scared of finding himself on the bench behind UK guards who can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFabFueder View Post
    Is Goodwin getting an agent or could he pull his name out?
    Has not hired an agent. Can withdraw by whatever the NBA's deadline is to withdraw and remain eligible.

Now I am wondering if Wiggins, Hawkins AND ? are added to the roster....

(Gordon)

13 Scholly

WCS
    Wiltjer
    Poy
    Lee
    Randle
    Harrison
    Harrison
    Willis
    Young
    Johnson
    Wiggins
    Gordon
    Hawkins

2 Walk Ons

Polson
    Hood

Mwhahahahahahahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by akaukswoosh View Post
    Curious to see what happens. If he still leaves if they tell him to find a jump shot. This is a kid who might be scared of finding himself on the bench behind UK guards who can shoot.
    If desire is to get to the NBA in a favorable draft spot--this year might be a better year.

As you know, I buck the tide by suggesting it's never a mistake to return to college. But **if** the only thing that matters is draft status, I can see an argument for him leaving UK this year, rather than play behind others next year and enter in a stronger draft.

Fab Five

Who is manning the fax machine in the Basketball offices?

If desire is to get to the NBA in a favorable draft spot--this year might be a better year.

As you know, I buck the tide by suggesting it's never a mistake to return to college. But **if** the only thing that matters is draft status, I can see an argument for him leaving UK this year, rather than play behind others next year and enter in a stronger draft.
    I've heard for a while this is a kid who doesn't want to 'do' school another year. We'll see.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Thatta boy Archie. I do think Archie needs to stay but as long as finishes up his course work, I can accept his decision and certainly support him going forward.

Archie will also stay in Lexington to complete his coursework.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockCat View Post
    Agreed. He was pretty clear about his views on it, to the point of bluntness.

This is why you just never know. Goodwin was by far the most emphatic about none of them being ready for the NBA, and WCS was the most "iffy" in his statements.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Thatta boy Archie. I do think Archie needs to stay but as long as finishes up his course work, I can accept his decision and certainly support him going forward.

Has not hired an agent. Can withdraw by whatever the NBA's deadline is to withdraw and remain eligible.
    Does the NCAA have a deadline as well or is theirs just the declare date obviously put in place to help coaches be able to wrap up recruiting and not for the benefit of the players at all? Sorry, had to put some soapbox in there.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I am a little surprised. I thought WCS might test the waters, and it sounded like Archie would be back. Obviously, he still may be, but this is the only time he can "test the waters" iirc, so that means he is either gone this year or next more than likely. THat also tells me he should just go this year, as not only will he get lost in a sea of players next year, but he will get lost in that draft.
    Not thinking about the kids, and just about UK, this couldn't have worked out better. We needed WCS back, and are now STACKED at the 4 and 5. If Alex comes back, even more so (and he can slide to the 3 at times as well).
    I agree that this makes it even more probable Wiggins comes. I am sure Cal made it very clear exactly where his spots and minutes would be next year.
    ~Puma~

Jeeepcat -- my guess is Hood keeps his ride and Goodwin/Harrow have freed up the 2 rides we need for Wiggins/Hawkins. Or at least there's a ride for Wiggins. He isn't here yet.

Btw, Goodwin does not sound like a guy considering returning. Unless he gets really bad reviews from NBA teams, he is gone imo.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    I am a little surprised. I thought WCS might test the waters, and it sounded like Archie would be back. Obviously, he still may be, but this is the only time he can "test the waters" iirc, so that means he is either gone this year or next more than likely. THat also tells me he should just go this year, as not only will he get lost in a sea of players next year, but he will get lost in that draft.
    Not thinking about the kids, and just about UK, this couldn't have worked out better. We needed WCS back, and are now STACKED at the 4 and 5. If Alex comes back, even more so (and he can slide to the 3 at times as well).
    I agree that this makes it even more probable Wiggins comes. I am sure Cal made it very clear exactly where his spots and minutes would be next year.
    I wonder if it went like (Archie) "Coach promise me you'll tell me when you know about Wiggins so I can decide..."